Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lola Ruby

Parents who run entire Instagram accounts dedicated to documenting their child’s illness, e.g. cancer. I get the raising awareness aspect but it feels SO exploitative posting photo after photo of your severely ill child, in their hospital bed with tubes up their nose, their hair falling out etc. Let them have some dignity at least.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45

lilyannrose

Chatty Member
It is weird to me that everyone feels like they have to make all these huge speeches, like they are a public figure and everyone is desperate to hear what they have to say. Social media has so much to answer for with the narcissism epidemic.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

emm

VIP Member
parents going on and on about how exhausted and stressed they are about xmas, no one is forcing you to throw spaghetti all over your kitchen to do elf on the shelf or buy a million presents for everyone, you bring this on yourself

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
my fb crime watch page for the town i live in when there’s a helicopter out

‘anyone heard the helicopter?’
‘i heard it at 7:45’
‘was over mine at 7:44’
‘doing circles over mine thought there was a drug dealer in my garden’
‘it’s over mine again’
‘over mine at 7:46’
‘do u no wht it is 4 bbz’
‘it’s flying low over mine fukin pissin me off tryna get da babies to sleep’
‘heard it over my house at 7:45’

Zzzzzz🚁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Spacemonkey1972

VIP Member
Think it’s probably been said but hot chocolate stations. For some reason they boil my piss.
I saw an elf on the shelf yesterday where the person had dyed a load of spaghetti and thrown it all over the hob and cooker. What a waste of time and food. It’s Got so out of hand. Oneupmanship

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 37

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I really hate those constant “be kind, you don’t know what others are going through” posts that people constantly share on their Instagram stories.

It’s always the biggest bitches you’ve ever met too; you weren’t being particularly kind when you made snarky comments about my weight were you Jessica

• Heart
Reactions: 37

klarakluckbag

VIP Member
Christmas pressie humblebragging start tomorrrow. Brace yourself for endless pics of Jo Malone candles, Chanel handbags, the occasional BMW, and our old favourite, the 2ct diamond engagement ring 🙄.

I work in an antenatal clinic and I was speaking to a young woman who was saying that she would have liked a 4d baby scan but she couldn't afford it. I immediately jumped in, saying "Oh, don't waste your money, they make all babies look like melted candles, the pictures are horrific"
Of course, she went on to say that her mum had treated her to the scan as a gift, and she had an appointment for next week. 😬🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 36

slmapg

VIP Member
Calling all my girls, I don’t have many!! Circle is small but mighty ! I am doing a (blood & non blood) sister check in showing support for one another. I need 6 women to post this message to show you are ALWAYS there if someone needs to talk. I have no idea who will say done in my post. Surprise me.❤

Oh fcuk off 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick

DownBelow21

VIP Member
Sick of seeing lots of people who don't work or want to work 'proper jobs' selling chocolate bouquets, sweet hampers and hot chocolate cones from their living room.

Erm, bet you're not declaring this income to the benefits are ya? Plus, wheres your hygiene certificates?

Does my head in

• Heart

BonBon27

VIP Member
People posting that they’re in the gym/working out/cycling today….yes you’re amazing, an absolute hero and a better person that anyone who’s sitting on a sofa, knee deep in yesterday’s presents around them and their face in a tub of Roses. We get it, you are far superior. Well done, pat on the back, attention given. Blah blah blah.

And this is the week of perfect families in their hats and wellies “Blowing the cobwebs away” 🤬🙄 I hate that expression so much!!

• Haha
  • Heart

April89

I think social media has confused people. People post like they are famous. A woman I follow, someone I knew growing up, has a new boyfriend, and she’s posting like she’s a celebrity. Posts things like ‘so lucky to have you LNM’ rather than his name. Or she posts hidden pictures like their hands or something. I think just keep it to yourself and don’t post on social media! No one is desperate for this info, and no one is going to invade your privacy over it - she has about 300 followers, just enjoy it and leave it offline!

ETA - also saw a post announcing a divorce and saying ‘please respect my privacy at this time’ like a celebrity statement to the press! Again, less than 300 followers. The lady is very sweet, but it was just so misjudged!

• Haha
Reactions: 35

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
Just seen another do-gooder post... Someone walking past a house spotted a child's bike outside in the garden. For some inexplicable reason thought the bike might have been stolen. Rather than knock on the door and ask, they took it home, wrote a post on the local Facebook page saying they'd found a stolen bike and they were looking after it. If the owner could identify... etc etc. Loads of people waded in, slating him, saying it had probably just been left outside by mistake, now the OP had stolen it and should really take it back. So they did, they knocked on the door and the owner said it was broken and they'd left it out for the scrap man!

• Haha

LT2201

VIP Member
People who post asking what time Asda is open til or what time the bus is

"I am woman, I am fearless" videos on tiktok

RIP Great Grandad Joe, you would be 135 today, we never met but I miss you every day

People who use "been" instead of "being"

People who post several albums worth of holiday photos

"PM me Hun x"

Apparently I had a lot to get off my chest. Glad I found this thread.

• Haha
  • Heart

MissPrint

VIP Member
Cannot wait for the elf on the shelf which is about to start very soon 🤥
I fucking abhor elf on the shelf. Grown adults sharing photos of what the ‘naughty elf’ has got up to with lots of 🤣😂😂🤣🤣😂 because it’s so totally ‘hilarious’ year after year after year.

Nobody,
And I mean NOBODY ELSE
GIVES A FUCK.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

BonBon27

VIP Member
I’m sick of people justifying their life choices….basically attention seeking 🙄
“This is our tree this year, it’s not co-ordinated and fancy like Instagram ones, but Aunt Maude gave us 4 decorations and little Sammy made 2 at school and John loves tinsel so we’ve got what makes happy. It may not be perfect but we love looking at it.”
Mate, no one gives a shit. Just do you, and don’t feel so bad that you have to justify it or need validation or attention for it. Just crack on and shut up.

• Haha
  • Heart

BonBon27

VIP Member
Someone I used to work with regularly cracks me up on FB by commenting to famous people as though they’re gonna see it and care what she thinks 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️🤣 She’s always telling Gok Wan how fabulous he is, she always tells Ant and Dec how hilarious they are on the I’m a Celeb page and she’s just given Phil and Holly a motivational speech on This Morning’s new cover photo “You were there for us when we were stuck at home, and now the viewers will be there for you. Ignore the haters, they’re just jealous. They’d never say it to your faces!” Uh, hate to burst your bubble my love but you aren’t saying it to their faces either - they aren’t going to read your comment!

I don’t follow all the same pages as her by the way, they come up because it tells me someone I know has commented. It makes me 🤣 and 🙄 in equal measure!

• Haha