Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you just want to be taken through the ingredients and method for a specific recipe on YT but find the first ten minutes is taken up with them waffling on about everything but the recipe.

Then you fast forward to the actual helpful bit only for them to stop halfway through to promote a freebie kitchen gadget or to give you a tour of their pantry or herb garden. So frustrating

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Parents who run entire Instagram accounts dedicated to documenting their child’s illness, e.g. cancer. I get the raising awareness aspect but it feels SO exploitative posting photo after photo of your severely ill child, in their hospital bed with tubes up their nose, their hair falling out etc. Let them have some dignity at least.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Or reviews like "I haven't used it yet so I can't comment"

Thanks for that, your comment has really helped me :rolleyes:
Or reviews that go on and on about how the product arrived late or damaged 🙄 take it up with the supplier, that would stop it happening in the future, a post just clogs the reviews

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Things like this...
I have no interest in your child's reaction to you dancing on TikTok.
In fact, I have no interest in any reels/stories containing children and their reactions. Funny it may be but these are CHILDREN and I don't know them.

Give them the privacy they deserve and be the parent you're supposed to be.

And who the duck are these 27k people who have liked this? Society is doomed.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Or reviews that go on and on about how the product arrived late or damaged 🙄 take it up with the supplier, that would stop it happening in the future, a post just clogs the reviews
Or how the courier was really helpful or rude. Hun, Amazon want you to review the product, not the DPD/Hermes person :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 16
“How much money do you have in your bank account”

“about $95,000”

“wow what do you do for work”

“I sell pictures of my feet on Foot Fetish (or whatever it is)”

loooooool yeah alright love 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Someone I used to work with regularly cracks me up on FB by commenting to famous people as though they’re gonna see it and care what she thinks 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️🤣 She’s always telling Gok Wan how fabulous he is, she always tells Ant and Dec how hilarious they are on the I’m a Celeb page and she’s just given Phil and Holly a motivational speech on This Morning’s new cover photo “You were there for us when we were stuck at home, and now the viewers will be there for you. Ignore the haters, they’re just jealous. They’d never say it to your faces!” Uh, hate to burst your bubble my love but you aren’t saying it to their faces either - they aren’t going to read your comment!

I don’t follow all the same pages as her by the way, they come up because it tells me someone I know has commented. It makes me 🤣 and 🙄 in equal measure!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Oh here we go. On a few pages I follow on Fb for bargains etc we’ve now got the ‘this is my tree’ photos. I. Don’t. Care. Unless it was a bargain you’re just showing off. It’s a tree with lights on. Most of us will be doing it over the next few weeks. Next it’ll be the presents…”is this enough for a 6 month old?” With more pressies than Hamleys. And swipe swipe swipe so I miss the actual bargains 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh here we go. On a few pages I follow on Fb for bargains etc we’ve now got the ‘this is my tree’ photos. I. Don’t. Care. Unless it was a bargain you’re just showing off. It’s a tree with lights on. Most of us will be doing it over the next few weeks. Next it’ll be the presents…”is this enough for a 6 month old?” With more pressies than Hamleys. And swipe swipe swipe so I miss the actual bargains 😂
Lol the home bargains group is full of people with those red and white candy cane trees.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
That bloody throw a bauble into an empty room “Fire in the hole” and boom, it’s all decorated for Christmas tit. Thought it would die a death after being way over done last year but nope…..it’s back 🙄 And it’s still only November 🙄 I am not a Scrooge, I love Christmas, but not for 7 weeks. All this OTT festive tit so early just makes it boring by the time the season actually arrives!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
That bloody throw a bauble into an empty room “Fire in the hole” and boom, it’s all decorated for Christmas tit. Thought it would die a death after being way over done last year but nope…..it’s back 🙄 And it’s still only November 🙄 I am not a Scrooge, I love Christmas, but not for 7 weeks. All this OTT festive tit so early just makes it boring by the time the season actually arrives!
Agreed, needs to be limited.to 4 weeks, ie the month of December and that is it

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh hell, I forgot about that 😒😩

Reactions: 4
So instead of talking to celebrities my social media friends are now talking to a yoga studio 😂
OMG - a woman I used to work with teaches at triyoga. She was a right pain in the arse back then. One of the least yogic people you could imagine.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I really hate those constant “be kind, you don’t know what others are going through” posts that people constantly share on their Instagram stories.

It’s always the biggest witches you’ve ever met too; you weren’t being particularly kind when you made snarky comments about my weight were you Jessica

• Heart
Reactions: 37
December Boxes. It started with Christmas Eve boxes, which I can almost get, but December Boxes is just so bizzare. How many boxes do you need in the run up to a holiday that is known for gift giving anyway?! Are we going to get 'halfway December' and 'a week till Christmas' boxes soon? 🤦

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.