Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby scan pictures

Please I don't want to see a photograph of your insides against my will 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Baby scan pictures

Please I don't want to see a photograph of your insides against my will 😭
Content/trigger warning - mild references to fertility issues/pregnancy etc

Possibly unpopular opinion but I think it’s really insensitive to upload them as they can be hugely triggering to people. Obviously managing our triggers is our own responsibility but for me it’s something I’d rather see less of on social media tbh and I mute ppl that do it. I’ve seen more and more ppl put them as subsequent images on Insta slides so obvs if you’re not in a place to see that content you wouldn’t flick through and see so fingers crossed that becomes more of a thing? But honestly my heart still lurches when I see them, like I don’t think that traumatic full body visceral reaction ever goes away even though by the grace of god we were blessed with our miracle baby! Anyway sorry for sharing potentially triggering stuff ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So some guy had posted a sob story on a local fb group about needing a lift to the next town to visit his grand kids. Loads of people (mainly young women) have offered to drive him.

Surely this is stupid they don’t know him from Adam?! He doesn’t even have a proper profile picture just random pictures of animals/cars. He has a few hundred friends but his profile is open and nobody ever comments on his many status updates.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
So some guy had posted a sob story on a local fb group about needing a lift to the next town to visit his grand kids. Loads of people (mainly young women) have offered to drive him.

Surely this is stupid they don’t know him from Adam?! He doesn’t even have a proper profile picture just random pictures of animals/cars. He has a few hundred friends but his profile is open and nobody ever comments on his many status updates.
That is crazy. If he was stood in the street asking people im sure it would have the opposite reaction, people would be posting on social media telling them to be careful

And I'm not just saying it because it's a man I would also be sceptical of a woman asking that

If you're adamant he's telling the truth then offer him money for a taxi or other public transport

Reactions: 12
That is crazy. If he was stood in the street asking people im sure it would have the opposite reaction, people would be posting on social media telling them to be careful

And I'm not just saying it because it's a man I would also be sceptical of a woman asking that

If you're adamant he's telling the truth then offer him money for a taxi or other public transport
I’m glad you agree everyone’s commenting telling her how it’s such a lovely thing to do 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 5

Facebook 🤝 grifting sob stories

I’m in a group for women recovering from abusive childhoods and there was one the other day from a girl who claimed her mum had driven across the US, been let into her house, and subsequently stolen all the cash out of her purse that was intended for Christmas presents (on like the 20th?) and no church or police org would help them and she had absolutely nothing. It was 50/50 between those who clocked it was a grift and were flagging the group rules about no fundraisers and those who had told her to check her messages. It must be SO easy for chancers to make a few hundred quid a pop doing tit like this? Especially at Christmas.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Someone asked today when do people put their Christmas bedding on ( 🙄 I know) and there were loads of responses saying they don't have Christmas bedding, that's more annoying than the original post , just ignore it then!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.