Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's really irritating because who thinks that of themselves? So egotistical. No surprise that it mostly comes from influencers who have no real life anyway

Reactions: 4
Oh another thing! The happy new year posts are out in force already! I've just seen one that was 5 paragraphs long. All about what happened to them this year, which is fine. Then she goes on to talk about the energy crisis and being "grateful" 🙄
I don't know why that annoyed me so much 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh another thing! The happy new year posts are out in force already! I've just seen one that was 5 paragraphs long. All about what happened to them this year, which is fine. Then she goes on to talk about the energy crisis and being "grateful" 🙄
I don't know why that annoyed me so much 😂
Omg thank you I thought I was the only one getting annoyed by the happy new year posts already. I wouldn’t mind but they’ll be on again at midnight.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
have never seen this series, just looked it up, I think I know what my NYE plans are!
One of the best things I’ve watched this year. We had to pause at certain points because I was laughing so much I couldn’t see 😂

Reactions: 2
Omg thank you I thought I was the only one getting annoyed by the happy new year posts already. I wouldn’t mind but they’ll be on again at midnight.
You're definitely not the only one! They're so annoying. People pretending to care about others by putting a load of waffle up with a collage 🙄 infuriating.
Attention seeking, really.

Reactions: 6
Getting a lot of the 'A Happy New Year from our family to yours' with like 10 pictures of the family (why?)

And they're all basically the same as Christmas type posts but just replaced it with New Year

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This is probably the most obnoxious day of the year for social media posts it’s like the Oscars on mine 🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Influencers reposting recap stories on Instagram of their highlights. Several have reposted dozens and dozens 🙄 who is flicking through all of those?

• Heart
Here is a pearl of wisdom I read on Instagram from someone I know from the school run who is a wannabe influencer:

"2022 has taught me that as long as you know who you are and what makes you happy, it doesn't matter how others see you".

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Here is a pearl of wisdom I read on Instagram from someone I know from the school run who is a wannabe influencer:

"2022 has taught me that as long as you know who you are and what makes you happy, it doesn't matter how others see you".

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
No tit Sherlock haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just seen another do-gooder post... Someone walking past a house spotted a child's bike outside in the garden. For some inexplicable reason thought the bike might have been stolen. Rather than knock on the door and ask, they took it home, wrote a post on the local Facebook page saying they'd found a stolen bike and they were looking after it. If the owner could identify... etc etc. Loads of people waded in, slating him, saying it had probably just been left outside by mistake, now the OP had stolen it and should really take it back. So they did, they knocked on the door and the owner said it was broken and they'd left it out for the scrap man!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
“And just like that” before announcing a kids birthday. It’s on every flipping one on my feeds!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I think social media has confused people. People post like they are famous. A woman I follow, someone I knew growing up, has a new boyfriend, and she’s posting like she’s a celebrity. Posts things like ‘so lucky to have you LNM’ rather than his name. Or she posts hidden pictures like their hands or something. I think just keep it to yourself and don’t post on social media! No one is desperate for this info, and no one is going to invade your privacy over it - she has about 300 followers, just enjoy it and leave it offline!

ETA - also saw a post announcing a divorce and saying ‘please respect my privacy at this time’ like a celebrity statement to the press! Again, less than 300 followers. The lady is very sweet, but it was just so misjudged!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
The cleanliness of other people's homes. Someone is giving this bin away for free on a community page. Why didn't they clean it first?! Absolutely vile. The state of the pedals, the gunk / slime/ tit all down the front
The fact 7 people have commented saying yes please.
This is why I will use hand sanitiser while out for the rest of my life. People are disgusting.
Screenshot_20230101_124741_Facebook.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
My SIL has compiled her 2022 highlight reel and it’s 20 minutes long. I tapped out after three.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.