Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bloody hell how much effort do mums go through these days?!
It's getting ridiculous , doing too much over the top stuff makes it less believable and magic for the kids , the whole mystery of it all makes it more exciting for them

Reactions: 16
Think it’s probably been said but hot chocolate stations. For some reason they boil my piss.
I saw an elf on the shelf yesterday where the person had dyed a load of spaghetti and thrown it all over the hob and cooker. What a waste of time and food. It’s Got so out of hand. Oneupmanship

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
What the hell is "Elf on the Shelf"?
It's typically where people pose an elf toy in their homes doing naughty things like leaving a mess or doing a prank, and they photograph it and post it on social media. Normally a different scenario every day. It often goes hand in hand with one-upmanship.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
When women post about things like assault and there's always someone replying with "what about men?"

• Heart
Reactions: 24
When women post about things like assault and there's always someone replying with "what about men?"
ugh like every international women's day "when is men's day?" there is one. Ditto things about racism, "when is white history month" etc etc

• Heart
Reactions: 12
ugh like every international women's day "when is men's day?" there is one. Ditto things about racism, "when is white history month" etc etc
It has to be people playing dumb on purpose at this point but it's annoying, I agree.

Reactions: 4
Bloody hell how much effort do mums go through these days?!
I think "yummy mummy" culture (or whatever category this falls into) has gotten out of hand and is so repetitive to see. I wonder if social media existed when our parents became new parents, if this would be how they acted? Having blogs and instagrams dedicated to multiple images of matching Christmas pajamas for holiday cards, or perfectly curated neutral colored baby's nurseries, using a hashtag of their child's entire full names, patting themselves on the back for being a parent every time mothers' day and their child's birthdays came along, writing full length essays addressed to their 1 year old who can't even read yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Dog owners spamming about
making sure you wipe the paws down after they've been out, so the salt on the road doesn't kill them.

Yes we get it, you don't need to repost it 50 times a day when it's frosty outside 🙄

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.