Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Em_gardener

VIP Member
Here's my opinion that no one asked for:
Meg and Harry's love story is no greater than mine or my husbands. Just two people that fell in love. Beautiful but shush now.

Lots of shade at William. I think William is the "one" that made the comments about archie. Just my opinion I have no source but William strikes me as dense enough to say something like that and explains the fallout and the shade.

British media was definitely racist. No two ways about it. It is not okay! One headline I hadn't seen before "something is niggling us about this engagement" Jesus christ. Play on the n word??? No one uses the word "niggling" now. It was fucking awful.

The history about the British empire was interesting and I really like those 3 they had speaking about it. I always enjoy Afua Hirsch when I've seen her speak on issues before.

Harry seems to have done a lot of work on himself which is great to see. He is very reflective and thoughtful.

No damage has been done to the royal family.
I have to disagree about the word niggling. I would never think of it in relation to the n word and I have heard it used and would use it myself occasionally. Like a niggling pain or there's just something niggling at me about the situation. It's a completely different word.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

alphaspagbol

Chatty Member
Harry and Meghan burning ALL their bridges now. Just heard about the Netflix ad released today. Bad form. Along with the hussey conversation it’s all beginning to look a bit staged, not to mention vindictive

Reactions: 32

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Just seen it. They are going in with both barrels. Makes it laughable that they think they can then kiss and make up with everyone once they have put their side of the story out.
To me that is the most ridiculous aspect of this. Charles and William are just going to carry on and the Sussexes will end up looking sad a pathetic if they carry on selling their woes.

I do find 'there was a hierarchy in the family' quite funny. No shit Shelock. :ROFLMAO: It's why Prince Philip walked one step behind TQ for a bizzilion years.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Em_gardener

VIP Member
I've watched the whole thing now and these are my thoughts (not that anybody asked!) but nobody irl wants to listen to me.

1) It didn't live up to any of its hype from either side. There were no bombshells or excitement but neither was there any real damage done to the monarchy. Harry and Meghan didn't say anything that is going to damage the monarchy in the eyes of the public but they did say a lot of things that will damage their relationship with family members especially William and Kate.

2)The pace is unbelievably slow - it's taking forever to tell their story. There was a lot of irrelevant filler and a lot of photos and archive footage with voiceovers. A lot of the screen time is devoted to Diana, history lessons about the empire etc.

3) The Queen would definitely have been very hurt if she were alive which goes against everything they've previously said about how much they care for her and how close they were to her. The Commonwealth is not Empire 2.0. The main difference being that countries can choose whether or not they want to be part of it. Not the case for the Empire. Also, didn't they hold onto their roles within the Commonwelath until they were removed from them?
However, they did have valid points about the Empire extracting wealth from other countries and leaving them in a worse condition than beforehand. Also, the way history is taught in the UK is from an imperial viewpoint. Case in point - Oliver Cromwell - considered a hero in Britain and one of the biggest c**ts to ever walk the earth in Ireland. Again though, what does any of this have to do with Harry and Meghan's story?

4) Race - I'm not sure what to say here. In my opinion the US is a lot more racist and racially segregated than Britain. Meghan seemed to be saying that she was never treated like a black woman before she came to the UK because people didn't know that she had black heritage. Then in the UK everyone made a big deal about her race and now everyone knows her background. I still think that part of the reason that her race was a big deal was because people saw it as a positive that a woman of colour was marrying into the RF. I definitely believe that she experienced racism but the public were overwhelmingly in favour of the marriage. I'm not sure how relevant the Stephen Lawrance case was to this documentary. It felt shoe horned in because they had footage of H&M at his memorial and therefore, Harry could show how anti-racist he is now. Thought it was great that he addressed the Nazi costume incident but he conveniently glossed over other times that he was racist. Mentioned George Floyd but apart from that, there was little mention of America's issues with race.

5) Meghan is gorgeous. Her face has really changed since 2016 though.

6) Why do they think their relationship is so much more special than everyone else's? This really gets on my nerves. Harry, in particular, was nauseating at times.

7) Nothing bad has happened to them in this story so far. Certainly nothing that would justify Megxit in the way they did it. They're throwing a lot of shade at William and Kate but it's not clear why. Presumably there's more to come. So what if Kate didn't want to hug her when they first met. I doubt Kate screamed get off me and pushed Meghan away. She probably just gave her an awkward pat on the back. It seems petty to bring this up now. There are plenty of pictures of William and Kate hugging people, even randomers they've just met. Harry's comment about being the only male in the family to marry with his heart was also really bitchy towards Kate. I wonder if they're going to explain more about why they have such an issue with her in the next 3 episodes.

8) They actually came across well in parts - Harry speaking about his childhood for example. It was nice to see them together and see them with the kids. Made they seem more like a real couple. On the whole though, I still think they're manipulating the truth and outright lying about some things. Everything is aimed at an American audience and they're trying too hard to paint themselves as innocent victims.

9) Sharing the proposal video and pictures was extremely crass. Keep it private. They wouldn't even share Archie's godparents at one stage and look at them now.

10) Theres very little new footage of them apart from sitdown interviews. Even when Meghan is getting dressed in the red dress, they don't show much of her at the event or out and about.

11) Harry is paranoid about paparazzi, the media and online trolls/comments. He is never going to be able to control this so he would do better to learn to let it slide and not look at it.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Popcorn&Peanuts

I must be daft because I saw the curtseying thing completely differently. I didn't see it as Meghan mocking the idea of curtseying, although she was obviously flummoxed at the concept of it being done in private but rather mocking her own inelegant way of curtseying the first time she did it. It was more of a 'I'm trying to do what is expected of me here but I'm not sure I'm doing a good job of it' sort of thing. It was all very self-deprecating from the entire context of the episode which I actually watched.

But the moment I saw it, I literally turned and told my husband that the haters and the DM would be apoplectic and positively seething about how Meghan 'disrespected the Queen'. I guess I was right about 1 thing 🤣 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 27

WatermelonSugar22

VIP Member
Because she wasn't getting a straight answer.
She’s not actually entitled to one. That’s the thing. Even without the racism, it was rude.
Interesting to watch so many on this thread defend SH and turn it into a witch-hunt on NF with youtube videos and investigations on her name and history. It’s not warranted. SH was ill-mannered, not even couching her questioning with polite inquiries about what NF does for a living that has brought her to BP, just straight up interrogations about where she’s from. That’s been poor manners for decades and lord knows how long she’s been doing it to people. What NF is like as a person isn’t really relevant to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27

Blurp

VIP Member
I have no time for either Hussey or Ngozi. Both distasteful in different ways. Hussey, given her background and numerous Commonwealth visits, should have known better...but we only have Ngozi's "truth". There's always a certain amount of embellishment that goes on when the other person doesn't have the right of reply.
She may be an unpleasant person or whatever but the conversation was witnessed/overheard by several people who are not connected to her, including a Tory MP, all of whom felt uncomfortable about it. This has been mentioned several times on this and the previous thread so it's simply not true to say that we only have her truth.

Also, if Lady Hussey was the household mentor for Meghan, this opens up that old can of worms again about racism against Meghan in the Royal Household.

If you simply take the conversation content out of it, it has never been polite to badger guests about subjects they clearly don't want to talk about, regardless of the subject. Lady Hussey was there as a Lady of the Household whose role was in essence an assistant host and she failed dismally.

I doubt that Lady Hussey will suffer any financial worries, given that her role since 1960 has always been unpaid and purely honorary. Personally, rather than relying on unpaid friends or whatever, the royals would be better off simply paying for professional PAs and whinge or whatever to friends at home later.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Popcorn&Peanuts

It's ironic how much this thread is just proving their point about misinformation.
  1. They're accused of lying about the cooking engagement story here. I counter by mentioning they confirmed they were cooking. It's ignored and people are still liking the post about them not cooking so I guess this will go down as another 'lie' and further evidence that Meghan is 'pathological'. 🤣
  2. Meghan is once more accused of alienating everyone she knew, including all her friends when the documentary literally shows primary and high school friends who are willing to publicly support her. The woman's 40 (or 41? not sure)... these people have been in her life over 25 years. Many people don't have friendships that lasting.
  3. She is accused of 'implying [the Family's formality] is terrible and unwelcoming and didn’t make her feel good.' She NEVER said anything like that. She said it was unexpected because she completely understood the need for formality as part of their role but thought that things were more relaxed behind closed doors and she was surprised to find out that the formality carried over into their personal lives. It was a surprising OBSERVATION, NOT a criticism.

I mean there's a LOT to criticise but making up stuff to support Meghan's role as everyone's favourite whipping post isn't it.

Did the detractors even watch the show? Fair enough if you don't want to but if you're trying to assess somewhat objectively then reading the DM synopsis will always skew the context. That's like asking the murder accused to write the summary of the trail against the accuser. The entire series is about the toxic British media and consent... OFC that same media is never going to present the unvarnished facts.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I think one of the things that was sad to hear was Harry saying the males in the family had married someone who fits the mould.

My immediate thought was that was aimed at William and Catherine and I always thought Harry had always got on very well with Catherine over the years.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Joannabloggs

VIP Member
I'm very new to the rf threads so I'm not sure if this has been said before but here are my two cents.

You cannot criticise the institution of the monarchy and talk about equality yet still carry the title of Prince and Duke and want that for your children, particularlywhen you live in a country which has no titles at all. True equality would mean that the monarchy would be abolished and only the elected head of state would have a title. Harry only has all his riches, privileges through generations on both sides of his family exploiting those in the commonwealth, Ireland and ordinary British people through serfdom, slavery, land grabs etc. Harry doesn't want fairness, he wants to play by his own rules and thinks that because he has a title we all care and want to listen. He and his wife have no discernable skills or intelligence much like most of his family, but thinks he is on the same level of his new friends like David Foster, Serena Williams etc.

Harry and meghan should've left the uk, gave up their titles and done one interview explaining everything then never talk again about it. All this dropping useless nuggests of non information is enough to piss us off but not enough for the Queen or our current king to pull the plug fully, which makes me think they still want back in but only if their demands are met. I wish the press/ media would stop covering them and giving them the oxygen to say absolutely fuck all.

I also wish the press would stop blowing smoke up kates arse, she's a lazy boring glorified mannequin who does and has always done /said eff all of note or of interest. She's also particularly unacomplished when you compare her contemporaries like maxima, letitizia, mary, who all had amazing careers before marrying their princes. And before any of you say she worked in buying at jigsaw, my old manager worked on her dept and said Kate hardly turned up to work, did nothing whilst she was there and was only allowed to get the job cos of the press it generated for the brand.

From the sounds of it the job was something to keep her busy till she got married, and I think in this day and age, the three women married to the most prominent men in the UK (Charles Rishi and William) all had no jobs before getting married and lived off their parents. Could not stand Carrie Johnson or her husband but her career in her 20s pre Boris is astounding.

Multi-21

VIP Member
I’m interested to know who was hanging around Frogmore kitchen to take candid photos of them kissing after an event and for what purpose, just to prove how in love they are?

• Haha

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I've finally watched the trailer, and it feels like we're getting into the realms of scripted reality with these two. I really wish it had been called "The Only Way is Sussex".

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Great_Kate

VIP Member
I found the following phrase from the trailer really telling- if the stakes are this high- wouldn’t you want to hear it from us?
What stakes? We are talking about one couple and the exploding of their royal life. This does hardly affect anyone else personally.
And no- I wouldn’t trust people that went on record lying misremembering to the court and constantly using half truth, misinformation and constructed examples (tabloid headlines for Oprah, paparazzi pictures for Netflix), having to backtrack their own statements regularly…. to tell me the truth. What exactly do they think? Either they are aware this series is about business- money and pr- and therefore sell out their integrity just like Influencers scamming their audience OR they really think their are the biggest romance and have the biggest struggles. Which would just be delusional

bubbadabut

VIP Member
My favourite thing to listen to in the middle of a cost of living crisis has always been a couple of rich people bleating about their rich people problems.

Even the problems they have which also affect normal people, mental health, family issues, etc...the difference is that they have the means and the connections to do something about it.

Last edited:

Falkor

VIP Member
Here's my opinion that no one asked for:
Meg and Harry's love story is no greater than mine or my husbands. Just two people that fell in love. Beautiful but shush now.

Lots of shade at William. I think William is the "one" that made the comments about archie. Just my opinion I have no source but William strikes me as dense enough to say something like that and explains the fallout and the shade.

British media was definitely racist. No two ways about it. It is not okay! One headline I hadn't seen before "something is niggling us about this engagement" Jesus christ. Play on the n word??? No one uses the word "niggling" now. It was fucking awful.

The history about the British empire was interesting and I really like those 3 they had speaking about it. I always enjoy Afua Hirsch when I've seen her speak on issues before.

Harry seems to have done a lot of work on himself which is great to see. He is very reflective and thoughtful.

No damage has been done to the royal family.
Niggle and the N-word don't have the same root and are no relation to each other. Niggle is thought to be Scandanavian, there's a Norwegian word, nigla, which means 'to be busy with trifles', whereas the N-word comes from the Spanish word for black, negro, and didn't appear for another 200 years.

• Heart

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I find all of it pretty mental how a family drama that should be sorted privately is being played out in public. Fucking hell what a shambles. It's a bit different when it's fictional storylines or drama made for a reality tv show, but this is real life family matters.

• Wow

thegirlscout

VIP Member
The other thread seems obsessed with idea that 1) Meghan was a hooker. Well, 'yacht girl' but same thing and 2) her mum did a spell in prison. I can't believe either wouldn't have come out if any truth in them.
Of course the black lady did a spell in prison….😒
This is the most ridiculous rumour out there. There would be a paper trail, there would be prisoners at the time who would speak out, there would be guards who would speak out. I wish people would use their brains. And it seems every woman that isn’t liked is involved in some form of pr0stitution - it’s unbelievably sexist and so demeaning. And if she was a yacht girl, so what? The issue should be with the men who paid for her and other women/girls, not the women/girls themselves.

Reactions: 23

Popcorn&Peanuts

I'm surprised that so many posters here seem unfamiliar with the concept of dogwhistling.

It's such a tried and true tactic of bullies in general, and racists in particular. Say something seemingly innocuous and vague enough that to the average person, it all seems very 'normal' but the target can easily understand the intended insult. There's plausible deniability as nothing overt is ever said and when the insitigator is called out, they raise their hands, bat their lashes and point out that it's the victim who's making it about race, never them. 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart

Em_gardener

VIP Member
Is there love story really some great love story that needs to be told? Idk I don’t think there’s such a thing as a great love story in the first place
Who thinks their own marriage or relationship is an epic love story that needs to be told? I find the way they talk about it really weird.

• Haha