The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've finally watched the trailer, and it feels like we're getting into the realms of scripted reality with these two. I really wish it had been called "The Only Way is Sussex".

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Hasn't Harry been seen actively filming the paps on his phone on various occasions? His footage can't have been that damning if they've had to sex it up by using clips of unrelated paparazzi mobbings.
The video of someone following the Wales family on a bike ride and William getting angry is worse than anything that happened to Harry or Meghan.

I don’t have any sympathy for someone who’s complaints are about some paparazzi outside a nightclub in their 20s when they were going home to a palace after a night out paid for by their dad. Boohoo

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think the biggest audience they have are for people who hang on their every word to dissect it and prove them wrong … why did they say x when on suchandsuch a date they said y?

From what I can gather in my own focus group (😉) the overriding feeling is ‘meh’ but there will be a vocal minority who give it more importance than it would otherwise have.
Absolutely this. If they wantvthem to go away so much, they found ignore them. The press would soon stop wasting their time if they weren't getting the engagement.

Reactions: 8
I found the following phrase from the trailer really telling- if the stakes are this high- wouldn’t you want to hear it from us?
What stakes? We are talking about one couple and the exploding of their royal life. This does hardly affect anyone else personally.
And no- I wouldn’t trust people that went on record lying misremembering to the court and constantly using half truth, misinformation and constructed examples (tabloid headlines for Oprah, paparazzi pictures for Netflix), having to backtrack their own statements regularly…. to tell me the truth. What exactly do they think? Either they are aware this series is about business- money and pr- and therefore sell out their integrity just like Influencers scamming their audience OR they really think their are the biggest romance and have the biggest struggles. Which would just be delusional

Reactions: 24
I found the following phrase from the trailer really telling- if the stakes are this high- wouldn’t you want to hear it from us?
What stakes? We are talking about one couple and the exploding of their royal life. This does hardly affect anyone else personally.
And no- I wouldn’t trust people that went on record lying misremembering to the court and constantly using half truth, misinformation and constructed examples (tabloid headlines for Oprah, paparazzi pictures for Netflix), having to backtrack their own statements regularly…. to tell me the truth. What exactly do they think? Either they are aware this series is about business- money and pr- and therefore sell out their integrity just like Influencers scamming their audience OR they really think their are the biggest romance and have the biggest struggles. Which would just be delusional
The so much at stakes line sounds like it could have been a quote from The Rock or Jason Statham in some disaster action film where they need to save the planet. Not a Duke and Duchess who could have moved to America and done charity work and got jobs. I think someone said it above, nothing would have said f you to the RF more than H&M becoming incredibly famous and successful, instead they’re just moaning a lot whilst the RF haven’t mentioned them once.

Reactions: 12
The only thing I would say to that, is that if the DM is making money by at best playing fast and loose with the truth and at worst flat out making stuff up, then they should be held to account … whoever it is (and the fact that someone is shouldn’t be held against them)
I agree, but they have always played fast and loose with the truth. The Press Complaints Commission is a joke and the whole of the press has been allowed to ' self regulate'. But you also need freedom of the press, and too much restriction damages journalists doing actual proper journalism. The DM are also masters at publishing photos and innocent looking headlines, knowing they will get comment after comment, unmoderated , slagging that person off, that they can abdicate all responsibility for. Harry and Meghan won't change that. And they won't stop the Palaces relationship with the press re leaking stories etc, because the situation is mutually beneficial. He didn't complain when he benefitted from the huge power of the Palace press office bring able to demand things that no other person could demand from the press. Frankly the purpose of the Monarchy is to keep the Monarchy. In order to do that you protect the Monarch and heir, even if it means throwing the others to the lions as a distraction technique. In return the rest of them get to live a life of luxury in return for very little effort. Harry should have known the deal, but he was stupid enough not to play the game.

I can't see it. They're nowhere near relevant to bring down an ancient institution.
They are never going to bring down the Monarchy. However, they aren't saying they want to do that. Royal commentators and biographers like Tom Bower and Valentine Low are saying that, largely to get sales for their own books and to justify their own hysterical reactions.

Reactions: 9
The so much at stakes line sounds like it could have been a quote from The Rock or Jason Statham in some disaster action film where they need to save the planet. Not a Duke and Duchess who could have moved to America and done charity work and got jobs. I think someone said it above, nothing would have said f you to the RF more than H&M becoming incredibly famous and successful, instead they’re just moaning a lot whilst the RF haven’t mentioned them once.
Exactly! Sadly what they lived (under the spotlights) are things that happen too to random people. Bullying at work (if we believe them), depression during pregnancy, difficult family relationships, falling out with the in-laws. I know it must feel awful to live all of this in front of the world - which why I would hate to be famous, but they are coming back at it again and again like it's an extraordinary situation. Should we set up a charity for wealthy people having hard times? I would prefer they support charities or organisations that work with this kind of topics instead of doing it all about themselves. But that doesn't bring money and I guess - without diminishing the viciousness of the press - it is easier to put all of those bad things on the press/the royal monarchy. I wonder if Harry believes that everything that happens to him it's because of his status/fame. I can understand as he never lived a normal life.

Reactions: 4
Harry & Meghan have lied before so only the minion fans will believe the shite that comes out their mouths in the Netflix show. KC should do us all a favour and strip them of their titles. I hear he is bringing his dead mother into it again pass the violin. :rolleyes:

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Does anyone know what Archewell has actually achieved? And why H&M qualify for a humanitarian award?

Reactions: 1
How they can even say this with a straight face?! All we ever do is hear it from them!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I have come to the conclusion...

I LOATHE the pair of them. Unearned wealth and over privilege has fried their tiny brains.. :mad:

Utterly REPELLENT individuals:sick:

I was all for them to start with but now I can't stand them. I'd be quite happy to never hear another word about them.

Ok. Nothing to do with the conversation of systematic issues in the country leading to the necessity of positive discrimination in particular sectors, but sure. Let’s move on (as we already did).
A small yet essential point about BiB
Positive discrimination is illegal in the UK.
Positive action is lawful.

A salient fact across several socio-economic & health metrics that white working-class males are have lowest engagement, traction & outcomes.

Wot Frieda says…

Last edited:
Lucky yob to be able to waste an egg when they are in such short supply and we are suffering from a cost of living crisis.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
New York Post now reporting that 'Image of Harry and Meghan being stalked by paparazzi in new Netflix film really from "Harry Potter" premier '

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.