The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who could fit in? It means giving up your whole identity I don’t think many people are prepared for a sacrifice like that no matter how much you love a person , she’s not just marrying the man she’s marrying the institution.
Trouble is her identity was being the 'sexy girl', the Tig, LA, freebies. That had to clash with RF.

Reactions: 2
I must be daft because I saw the curtseying thing completely differently. I didn't see it as Meghan mocking the idea of curtseying, although she was obviously flummoxed at the concept of it being done in private but rather mocking her own inelegant way of curtseying the first time she did it. It was more of a 'I'm trying to do what is expected of me here but I'm not sure I'm doing a good job of it' sort of thing. It was all very self-deprecating from the entire context of the episode which I actually watched.

But the moment I saw it, I literally turned and told my husband that the haters and the DM would be apoplectic and positively seething about how Meghan 'disrespected the Queen'. I guess I was right about 1 thing 🤣 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I must be daft because I saw the curtseying thing completely differently. I didn't see it as Meghan mocking the idea of curtseying, although she was obviously flummoxed at the concept of it being done in private but rather mocking her own inelegant way of curtseying the first time she did it. It was more of a 'I'm trying to do what is expected of me here but I'm not sure I'm doing a good job of it' sort of thing. It was all very self-deprecating from the entire context of the episode which I actually watched.

But the moment I saw it, I literally turned and told my husband that the haters and the DM would be apoplectic and positively seething about how Meghan 'disrespected the Queen'. I guess I was right about 1 thing 🤣 😅
I guess it was clumsy from the producers / director of the series to leave in a scene that can be misinterpreted so easily.

Reactions: 5
Trouble is her identity was being the 'sexy girl', the Tig, LA, freebies. That had to clash with RF.
Of course, even the royals struggle with being part of the institution, just look at Margaret, do any of them seem truly happy? can you really please a family that put on a false face in public because that’s what they’re paid to do 🤷🏼‍♀️ surely it’s a house of secrets and lies they don’t really have a personal identity that you could really get to know.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Same. I don’t even like Meghan much but that was literally the first time I’ve found her genuinely funny lol and I agree it was self-deprecating. She was basically saying that her idea of a curtsy was some dumb idea of a big ‘your Majesty’ flourish that you’d see in a film or something fake like Medieval Times. She is saying that her first attempt at a curtsy was this stupid elaborate curtsy just trying to mimic some image she had.

It was an actual funny moment for once, idk why Harry’s face was like that— maybe he misunderstood what she was saying or he just wasn’t listening lol and was thinking of something else, but he definitely ruined the moment.

Reactions: 16
I kind of fear for Harry if all this goes tits up. He seems to be endlessly extolling Meghan's virtues, putting her on a pedestal while he seems full of self-doubt as to why she's with him. Meghan seems so much more confident in herself than Harry does. He does seem like...a bit of a simp.

Reactions: 15
I think they should ditch the curtsying. It was ridiculous even in the Queen’s time but perhaps understandable as she was from a certain generation.
After all, they do tell us plebs that a handshake rather than a bow or curtsey is all that's required when meeting royalty so it's insane to then insist on it amongst themselves.

I can't imagine that other royal families do this in private.

I kind of fear for Harry if all this goes tits up. He seems to be endlessly extolling Meghan's virtues, putting her on a pedestal while he seems full of self-doubt as to why she's with him. Meghan seems so much more confident in herself than Harry does. He does seem like...a bit of a simp.
You don’t have an identity being a royal she was an independent successful woman in her own right, Harry was owned by the British public.

Same. I don’t even like Meghan much but that was literally the first time I’ve found her genuinely funny lol and I agree it was self-deprecating. She was basically saying that her idea of a curtsy was some dumb idea of a big ‘your Majesty’ flourish that you’d see in a film or something fake like Medieval Times. She is saying that her first attempt at a curtsy was this stupid elaborate curtsy just trying to mimic some image she had.

It was an actual funny moment for once, idk why Harry’s face was like that— maybe he misunderstood what she was saying or he just wasn’t listening lol and was thinking of something else, but he definitely ruined the moment.
BIB
Oh perhaps Harry knew she was mocking his grandmother so he didn’t misunderstand at all. He knows her better than us - his face said it all.

Reactions: 12
Surprised Harry brought up the Panorama interview and that he agrees with me - ‘I think we all now know that she was deceived into giving the interview, but at the same time, she spoke the truth of her own experience’.

Reactions: 10
BIB
Oh perhaps Harry knew she was mocking his grandmother so he didn’t misunderstand at all. He knows her better than us - his face said it all.
Question - seeing that Harry does indeed know his wife better than us, does this mean we also believe him when he says she's a good person and praises her compassion, empathy, loving nature etc?

Or does the believing thing only work one way?

Genuine question btw because I am honestly confused as to why the benchmark is always changing when judging this woman. Is it so hard to admit that she's flawed and may not be everyone's cup of tea but is also human and therefore still capable of ocassionally being likeable?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Surprised Harry brought up the Panorama interview and that he agrees with me - ‘I think we all now know that she was deceived into giving the interview, but at the same time, she spoke the truth of her own experience’.
My issue with the Panorama interview is nothing to do with Diana, it’s the harm done to other people who didnt know what had been done, but took a lot of flak and innuendo that turned out to be completely made up, like Tiggy.

Reactions: 7
The part I found most comical is when she was asked Prince William or Prince Harry & she couldn’t give an answer…. LESS THAN A YEAR LATER, she had 2 dates with PH before “giving it a go”…

Reactions: 2
The thing is to the outside world the curtseying thing may sound daft but you are talking about an institution that is over 1000 years old and steeped in tradition and protocol. It is what it is. To those in TRF it will be second nature to them.
The entire idea of a royal family and princes and princesses wearing crowns is daft when you think about it but a lot of us still love it and the majority of Brits still support it. If you’re going to do daft you might as well go all the way and be unbelievably daft like the British can be

• Heart
Just watch the first episode. Wasn’t as bad as people were making out though like I said, I’ve only seen the first one. I felt rather sad for Harry. He says he wasn’t given support after his mother died and even though the UK sort of took the boys on as their own when Diana died, that meant they had to be seen by them and was out there shaking peoples hands and talking about their recently deceased mother. The lack of support I can understand as my own parents didn’t give myself or my siblings support when we were younger when it came to mental health and grief. It was sort of ‘stiff upper lip’, a phrase they often used with us.
I found it really creepy they did a photo call on holiday with the children on their own, these camera men and women giving orders at the children etc. I’m glad that doesn’t happen now.

The entire idea of a royal family and princes and princesses wearing crowns is daft when you think about it but a lot of us still love it and the majority of Brits still support it.
One of the talking heads said very similar. When you really think about it, it’s a rather perplexing situation to be in.

Reactions: 12

I think she is being self-deprecating but in an "I didn't know about their weird traditions so it's not really my fault" kind of way. Like it's just another part of her "I'm just a cute innocent American who didn't know any better and nobody would help me" act. It still makes Harry's family the butt of the joke and implies that they're in the wrong for being so weird. I know it is odd to curtsey to your family but they are royal so it's not a total shocker.
I feel like she said "I didn't know" a lot in the documentary and everytime she said it I thought a) where was your husband? and b) she was implying that she didn't know because it was all so strange and stupid.
Even the walkabout thing. Are we really expected to believe that there was no one who could give her some guidance beforehand. Would the RF really just send her off on a walkabout to represent them in public with absolutely zero guidance on what to do or what to wear. Or that it never occurred to her or Harry that they could just Google some images of other royal women on walkabouts. They had plenty of staff she could ask about things like this as well.
Why is she playing dumb all the time? It's like she thinks it's cute or endearing but it just makes her seem like an idiot and Harry seem like he just couldn't bear to tell her any kind of bad news or place any expectations on her so he let her fail instead so he could avoid any awkward conversations.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Just watch the first episode. Wasn’t as bad as people were making out though like I said, I’ve only seen the first one. I felt rather sad for Harry. He says he wasn’t given support after his mother died and even though the UK sort of took the boys on as their own when Diana died, that meant they had to be seen by them and was out there shaking peoples hands and talking about their recently deceased mother. The lack of support I can understand as my own parents didn’t give myself or my siblings support when we were younger when it came to mental health and grief. It was sort of ‘stiff upper lip’, a phrase they often used with us.
I found it really creepy they did a photo call on holiday with the children on their own, these camera men and women giving orders at the children etc. I’m glad that doesn’t happen now.

One of the talking heads said very similar. When you really think about it, it’s a rather perplexing situation to be in.
Children and bereavement was handled very differently at that time … and let’s face it, no family is more stiff upper lippyer and suck it up buttercuppyer than the Royal Family still are let alone 25 years ago.

The public demanded that as payment for their presence - the Queen wanted ot keep them safe at Balmoral - but the public was baying for blood so they all had to go to London. It is pretty awful.

Harry is clearly very stupid and very mentally ill (two unrelated things). Meghan is clearly in it for the $ and always was. They want control and their curated vision of things to sell themselves to America who knows nothing about how a monarchy works, so will believe every lie out of their mouths.

This wasn't about safety or anything this was all about them wanting to have their cake and eat it too instead of try to work with the system that bent over backwards for them. They had their strop and want more and more and more.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
The part I found most comical is when she was asked Prince William or Prince Harry & she couldn’t give an answer…. LESS THAN A YEAR LATER, she had 2 dates with PH before “giving it a go”…
Looks like she was still thinking it through more than a year later. 😬

So much for "formality".

Maybe if she was a better actress we'd all know what she was getting at ;) and no matter what deluded Harry thinks of her, she is a confirmed pathological liar and that doesn't make a good person by whatever definition you can manufacture.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Who calls their friends when you’re about to be proposed to? Who screen records said conversations when you’re getting proposed to? Who screen grabs texts from first dates?

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.