Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Yeah but did he actually say that or are they just claiming he did? Because he’s denied that happened. It’s not like the Sun and the Mail have a record of being reliable, and they have a history of printing hit pieces on H&M. By the time any retractions happen, the time has passed and readers think it’s all factual.

This is the thing I find insane - that people actually consider the Sun and Mail to be accurate. Their treatment of people is disgusting, and it’s widely acknowledged, but then people keep linking to them and reading them and believing them.

It’s no wonder H&M want the story from their own point of view out there, after hundreds of thousands of stories claiming rubbish over the last few years.

Do I think six episodes is overkill? Absolutely. Am I still interested in their perspective? Yes. Just like I’m interested in the perspective of the royals. What I’m not interested in is the perspective of a bunch of tabloid hacks and their made up narratives.

I don’t think H&M are aiming for the downfall of the monarchy. I think they just want England’s pervasively poisonous tabloid press situation to change, and for the royal family to modernise their ideas a bit.
I think it's very easy to discredit The Sun or The Daily Mail but they get more than their fair share of accurate stories. It's the delivery that is often lacking.

Don't forget it was that creature Wootton that broke the Megxit story and a few others at the time.

Blurp

VIP Member
Liking horses and gin doesn't make a fascinating personality!! We know the equivalent for Kate anyway - she likes sport and photography. The more 'successful' royals are the bland ones. Most of the interesting personalities weren't good at being royal e.g. Harry, Margaret, Diana, Andrew.
Andrew, aside from being loathed by almost everyone he's come in contact with, is said to be the most boring royal of them all! His interests extend to golf and watching golf on TV.

Jen667

VIP Member
it's worse now because we live in a digital age. When Charles was single there was no internet, smart phones, streaming...Tattle. All you had back then was news print and TV

Last edited:

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Buuuut I will say kudos that she’s rented it from a UK site, never heard of this before and it’ll drive traffic to them. So I can’t fault her on that!
(They’ve got some lovely pieces to rent as well)
Oh yeah ... The site will crash with the traffic it will generate.

monga

VIP Member
Andrew crawled back in the gutter where he belongs and has stayed quiet.
Harry and Meghan trash the Royal Family over and over again for money yet still want and use their titles.
The newspapers trash the royals over and over, that’s part of deal ( apparently) imagine your life being a PLC .