The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Much of it is. The clumsy curtseying, the hugging, the naiveté about the whole thing...it's all very over-eager and very American. I think Harry has to take some fault for the way he went about things and this is where W&K got it right...there's a lot of preparation and easing in that needs to happen if a woman is marrying in to that Family.

I blame Harry for the vast majority of it. If anyone knew what life as a Royal entailed it was him and it was very unfair and naive of him to think just because he wanted to marry her that love would be enough. He should have known that Meghan was an opinionated, headstrong woman and that would inevitably lead to clashes within the organisation. He should have withdrew from public life before marrying her to at least waited longer to actually marry her.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It's ironic how much this thread is just proving their point about misinformation.
  1. They're accused of lying about the cooking engagement story here. I counter by mentioning they confirmed they were cooking. It's ignored and people are still liking the post about them not cooking so I guess this will go down as another 'lie' and further evidence that Meghan is 'pathological'. 🤣
  2. Meghan is once more accused of alienating everyone she knew, including all her friends when the documentary literally shows primary and high school friends who are willing to publicly support her. The woman's 40 (or 41? not sure)... these people have been in her life over 25 years. Many people don't have friendships that lasting.
  3. She is accused of 'implying [the Family's formality] is terrible and unwelcoming and didn’t make her feel good.' She NEVER said anything like that. She said it was unexpected because she completely understood the need for formality as part of their role but thought that things were more relaxed behind closed doors and she was surprised to find out that the formality carried over into their personal lives. It was a surprising OBSERVATION, NOT a criticism.

I mean there's a LOT to criticise but making up stuff to support Meghan's role as everyone's favourite whipping post isn't it.

Did the detractors even watch the show? Fair enough if you don't want to but if you're trying to assess somewhat objectively then reading the DM synopsis will always skew the context. That's like asking the murder accused to write the summary of the trail against the accuser. The entire series is about the toxic British media and consent... OFC that same media is never going to present the unvarnished facts.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Much of it is. The clumsy curtseying, the hugging, the naiveté about the whole thing...it's all very over-eager and very American. I think Harry has to take some fault for the way he went about things and this is where W&K got it right...there's a lot of preparation and easing in that needs to happen if a woman is marrying in to that Family.
William and Kate had the luxury of time, though …and the gentlest introduction to working royal life of anyone in the last 100+ years. Harry and Meghan didn’t have that much time to play with seeing as starting a family seemed high on the list of priorities. I think Harry just Mr Micawbered it that things would turn out alright when it was official.

Reactions: 6
I blame Harry for the vast majority of it. If anyone knew what life as a Royal entailed it was him and it was very unfair and naive of him to think just because he wanted to marry her that love would be enough. He should have known that Meghan was an opinionated, headstrong woman and that would inevitably lead to clashes within the organisation. He should have withdrew from public life before marrying her to at least waited longer to actually marry her.
This is why I think the hate for meghan is wholly disproportionate. I would say up until recently the press have attacked 80% meg when really it should be 80% harry. I think anyone who lived outside of the uk (black or white) would've struggled with understanding the RF. Harry's two previous serious GF broke up with him because they did not like the press scrutiny/ royal conventions, why didn't he prepare meghan rather than expecting everyone to bend to his will?! I also think it was stupid for the Palace to assign that lady Susan to help settle in meghan, it shouldve been someone her age. Harry had a good relationship with eugenie and zara, wouldn't they have been better mentors, particularly when Kate seems a bit stiff compared to zara and eugenie

Reactions: 15
Harry seems very protective of Meghan so I do find it bizarre how he didn't inform her more about how things work.

Reactions: 10
Harry is paranoid she will leave him. He has a lot of untreated mental health issues and she is a narc who is the star in her own story, that's all this is - PR for her and for them, control of the narrative which is what she wanted from the off. She didn't want to be a supporting player but the big cheese, and latched on because money and fame - then he didn't bring her all that money because Daddy held the purse strings and Kate (whom I do not like either for the record!) is ranked higher than she is. Whoops. Not happy! So they bolted to an oligarch's mansion in Vancouver and now in California whining how hard done by they are with their beautiful children, beautiful house, and millions of dollars to play with. Cry me a fecking river.

I thought she'd be a hard worker who'd be a breath of fresh air but she was in it for herself not to serve or understand any of it. IMO she wanted to run straightaway - I have a title now, I can make lots of money and be a STAR in the US! Their presumptuousness of their website shows the breadth of their delusions and demands.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
This is why I think the hate for meghan is wholly disproportionate. I would say up until recently the press have attacked 80% meg when really it should be 80% harry. I think anyone who lived outside of the uk (black or white) would've struggled with understanding the RF. Harry's two previous serious GF broke up with him because they did not like the press scrutiny/ royal conventions, why didn't he prepare meghan rather than expecting everyone to bend to his will?! I also think it was stupid for the Palace to assign that lady Susan to help settle in meghan, it shouldve been someone her age. Harry had a good relationship with eugenie and zara, wouldn't they have been better mentors, particularly when Kate seems a bit stiff compared to zara and eugenie
After what happened with Chelsea and Cressida I wonder if Harry just thought I'll marry her pronto before she changes her mind.

Reactions: 8
I think 100% that - Chelsy and Cressida have hinted he was a terrible boyfriend, incredibly paranoid, they never went out, and he was very cheap and wasn't good to them at all. I think he's a total douche bag.

Meghan is beautiful and seems worldly, and intelligent (I don't think she is that clever, just cunning - as is Kate). Harry thought, I better get her on lock! His constant comments about how it's so shocking she is with him, he hopes she loves him too, tell a lot imo.

Reactions: 7
After what happened with Chelsea and Cressida I wonder if Harry just thought I'll marry her pronto before she changes her mind.
If he did, he's an idiot and he's the reason why they're in that mess right now. Meghan was also too long in the tooth when she got married to be naive too

Reactions: 5
I think meghan comes from showbiz where everyone hugs and is tactile, Kate from a much more formal background. It's simply a culture clash. I hug friends and family, would def hug a brother's gf, particularly if I knew our family was intimidating. I'm British, middle-class and same age as Kate. I just think her and William are stiff and formal with people, you can see it in public appearances. It doesn't mean they're not nice but they don't have knack of making people feel at ease. Diana had it, Harry has it, Meghan has it. The rest don't really. Nothing wrong with that, but when your "job" is meeting strangers, making small talk etc it's a good skill to have.
A stranger giving me a hug is probably the last thing that would make me feel at ease, it would make me feel quite uncomfortable, if that makes me stiff then fine but at least it stops strangers touching me. On the other hand someone just saying hello how are you would do the opposite.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Charles also struggled to get someone to say yes … he was turned down by a Wellesley and a Mountbatten at least because they couldn’t cope with the media … and this was back in the 1970’s … and Diana’s sister is on record as saying she wouldn’t marry him if he was a bin man.

I have a hazy memory that the girl William wanted to date when he split from Kate that time turned him down flat as well (if that was a
cheese dream I had, I apolgise)

Anyway, it seems the Windsor men struggle to get anyone willing to take them and all the accoutrements on, even with the lure of Queen Mary’s vault.

Hopefully when the time comes for George to start partner hunting, any of the lessons learnt will actually be put into practice.

Reactions: 11
Harry is paranoid she will leave him. He has a lot of untreated mental health issues and she is a narc who is the star in her own story, that's all this is - PR for her and for them, control of the narrative which is what she wanted from the off. She didn't want to be a supporting player but the big cheese, and latched on because money and fame - then he didn't bring her all that money because Daddy held the purse strings and Kate (whom I do not like either for the record!) is ranked higher than she is. Whoops. Not happy! So they bolted to an oligarch's mansion in Vancouver and now in California whining how hard done by they are with their beautiful children, beautiful house, and millions of dollars to play with. Cry me a fecking river.

I thought she'd be a hard worker who'd be a breath of fresh air but she was in it for herself not to serve or understand any of it. IMO she wanted to run straightaway - I have a title now, I can make lots of money and be a STAR in the US! Their presumptuousness of their website shows the breadth of their delusions and demands.
She will leave him though. I suspect the RF know this and know Harry will eventually have to move back

Reactions: 5
She was advised not to attend because her mother had a difficult relationship with Meghan.
I do recall two members of her family from her mother’s side at her wedding and they were sat with everyone else but I can’t recall their names. I saw some photos of them.
I thought that was a bit mean. Samantha Markles children were removed and adopted by their paternal grandparents, so she was just her birth mother, why wasn't she allowed to go to the wedding?

Reactions: 4
She will leave him though. I suspect the RF know this and know Harry will eventually have to move back
I highly doubt it and even if she does, Harry's not leaving the US whilst his kids are under 18. California laws in the even of a divorce would mean the children would have to stay close to both parents if they share custody so any moving by the parents has to be agreed by both parties. Harry would not want to give up custody just to move back to the UK which he appears to hate so much

Furthermore its quite standard for parents to have to only live less than 50 miles from their children before it causes custody issues as this is seen as "disruptive" by the courts. Even without these laws, i doubt Harry would live an 11 hour flight from his children.

If he does come back that's nearly 20 years away and the dust will have settled and the level of interest will have diminished. Charles will be dead and William will be king, I think Harry hates his brother more than he hates Charles, why would he live in a country where his brother is king?

Reactions: 6
I thought that was a bit mean. Samantha Markles children were removed and adopted by their paternal grandparents, so she was just her birth mother, why wasn't she allowed to go to the wedding?
Meghan and Harry invited a bunch of celebrities they did not know but didn't invite her family on her mother's side. Better to invite the Clooneys and Oprah than family. Pretty sure they made up this whole thing with the daughter. If strangers could show up why not her half sister's kid?

Reactions: 8
Yes so do I. The press have absolutely blamed Meghan for all of this, which has given Harry a way out. He abdicated his responsibility towards her, then the press lay into her and its all their fault. If he truly loved her, he would have told her and taken the risk of her walking away or, as other have said, left the Royal Family before he married her

Reactions: 7
To me, in some way, Meghan is very american, it's not an insult, but I would say american people have been used these last decades to be the center of the world as the first power and amercian people can be clueless about things outside of the US. Even the smart and educated ones -there isn't necessarily a will to understand others or to not judge verything from their point of view. It seems like she was not really thinking it would be good to read or learn things about the RF before meeting them. I am not talking about gossips but to pick a well-written historical book about the british monarchy and british culture and ask questions to Harry. In a way, even though he seems to be very protective of her and she seems very motherly about him as someone was saying before, they seem to have communication problems - or at least at the time they met, maybe now they have a better way to communicate.

It wasn't expected from Meghan to be a senior royal - Harry and Meghan said it, so maybe if Meghan had a better idea what it entails she would have made a diferent choice. I think Harry was dreaming to have someone at his side to go through the royal duties. It seems like also that Harry struggled to imagine himself outside of the RF and having to make a living for himself. But in some interviews, he said how he didn't like his job as a senior royal. TBH the RF has its faults in this crash but Meghan and Harry also have theirs. I am curious if they will also talk about that. I think it's probably the point that annoys me the most with them - they never seem like to take responsabilities for things that went wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Optics matter. Especially to the aristocracy and especially to the Royals.

Reactions: 3
Meghan and Harry invited a bunch of celebrities they did not know but didn't invite her family on her mother's side. Better to invite the Clooneys and Oprah than family. Pretty sure they made up this whole thing with the daughter. If strangers could show up why not her half sister's kid?
The were told not to invite her because of Samantha.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.