The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do you think of the 2 trailers with a key difference - genuine mistake made by Netflix? Intentional to fuel speculation? Clap back from Netflix as Harry wanted to tone the documentary down after the death of TQ?

Reactions: 2
What do you think of the 2 trailers with a key difference - genuine mistake made by Netflix? Intentional to fuel speculation? Clap back from Netflix as Harry wanted to tone the documentary down after the death of TQ?
I don't know. I can't even tell which one is considered the more explosive and which is the toned down version. There's no point reading into the trailer too much. Thursday will reveal all.
I hope they go nuclear (for the drama and because I'd love to see them say straight out what they mean so that it's all out in the open and we can judge without having to read into their words) but I don't think they will.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Why would you have a niggling worry about the engagement photos though? They are someone else's engagement photos. How were they ' Hollywood'? Quite apart from whether it was racist or not, when it comes to the Royal Family, half the country suddenly decides actors ( especially female ones) are akin to prostitutes! Its bizarre.
I don’t think her being an actress is the problem. The Hollywood connection is though. If he had married someone doing serious theatre work or high class indie films the whole “actress” point would have been admirable. In fact, many thought her profession would be helpful. And she is a skilled public speaker (voice control etc). So everyone thought she would ace the media game and could play the Duchess role till she found her footing. She kind of did. Cressida was a model and actress and her job was criticised as the model (with all the prejudices) but at least trying to get into a more established business (acting).

Reactions: 6
Ok- I have been reading the last discussion over several days with longer beaks and English is not my native language- is there a second meaning to niggling?
Sorry for the derail but can I just say that you speak English very well. I always admire people who are fully bi/multilingual.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Wow I miss a couple of days and it's all niggles and chinks in armour 🤐 Have a bit of light relief from the Alternative Photo Archives....

Screenshot_20221206_184540.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don’t think her being an actress is the problem. The Hollywood connection is though. If he had married someone doing serious theatre work or high class indie films the whole “actress” point would have been admirable. In fact, many thought her profession would be helpful. And she is a skilled public speaker (voice control etc). So everyone thought she would ace the media game and could play the Duchess role till she found her footing. She kind of did. Cressida was a model and actress and her job was criticised as the model (with all the prejudices) but at least trying to get into a more established business (acting).
Yes, I agree. Didn’t Prince Edward himself go into that higher brow type of acting? His parents obviously allowed it, which they wouldn’t have done for tv or film work.

Reactions: 2
Surely Netflix wouldn’t touch William’s alleged infidelity with a barge pole??
I don’t think the lies are even that big, I can imagine them being quite small, about nothing really that important but to make him stay in a good light. For example (not saying this is it) he took commercial instead of private.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yes, I agree. Didn’t Prince Edward himself go into that higher brow type of acting? His parents obviously allowed it, which they wouldn’t have done for tv or film work.
Edward worked with Andrew Lloyd Webber in a behind the scenes/production role not actually on stage.
then of course, there was It’s A Royal Knockout which every one has spent the best part of 35 years pretending never actually happened.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Sorry to go a bit off topic here but been wondering… Since Duke of Cambridge is now the lesser of William’s titles, will it possibly be passed on to George at some point? Or is it one of those titles that reverts to the Crown and is only in the gift of the reigning monach? I mean, William didn’t inherit it from his father if I’m right; it was given him directly by the Queen.

Reactions: 1
The other thread seems obsessed with idea that 1) Meghan was a hooker. Well, 'yacht girl' but same thing and 2) her mum did a spell in prison. I can't believe either wouldn't have come out if any truth in them.
Of course the black lady did a spell in prison….😒
This is the most ridiculous rumour out there. There would be a paper trail, there would be prisoners at the time who would speak out, there would be guards who would speak out. I wish people would use their brains. And it seems every woman that isn’t liked is involved in some form of pr0stitution - it’s unbelievably sexist and so demeaning. And if she was a yacht girl, so what? The issue should be with the men who paid for her and other women/girls, not the women/girls themselves.

Reactions: 23
Sorry to go a bit off topic here but been wondering… Since Duke of Cambridge is now the lesser of William’s titles, will it possibly be passed on to George at some point? Or is it one of those titles that reverts to the Crown and is only in the gift of the reigning monach? I mean, William didn’t inherit it from his father if I’m right; it was given him directly by the Queen.
I think it’s done so that if William dies before he becomes King, it goes to George … but if he gets to be King then it reverts to the Crown. .

Reactions: 5
This is the most ridiculous rumour out there. There would be a paper trail, there would be prisoners at the time who would speak out, there would be guards who would speak out. I wish people would use their brains. And it seems every woman that isn’t liked is involved in some form of pr0stitution - it’s unbelievably sexist and so demeaning. And if she was a yacht girl, so what? The issue should be with the men who paid for her and other women/girls, not the women/girls themselves.
Before Meghan appeared, people on royal forums were writing the same things about Kate and Pippa.

I think anyone expecting factual narratives in that thread is kidding themselves.

I think a lot of Meghan’s worst haters let the hate for her cloud their logic and they believe anything remotely negative, no matter how implausible. Best to leave them to their frustrations and obsessions.

As for the Duke of Cambridge, I believe the title stays William’s until he’s King. If George gets married before William becomes king, he’d likely be given a different dukedom.

Reactions: 8
I think a lot of Meghan’s worst haters let the hate for her cloud their logic and they believe anything remotely negative, no matter how implausible.
To be fair I think you could replace "Meghan" with nearly anyone there and it would still be accurate.

Reactions: 3
I don’t think the lies are even that big, I can imagine them being quite small, about nothing really that important but to make him stay in a good light. For example (not saying this is it) he took commercial instead of private.
I can see Harry not even giving an example of these lies but just dropping this sensational sound bite because he knows about the affair rumours and wants to feed that monster. I can see it as “I had to put up with lies and vitriol on social media, so can you”

Reactions: 3
Harry really is Ridiculous.

I honestly think when Meghan and him got together she wanted to be the Little princess and he was that spoiled he thought he could make that happen. When the Queen and then charles said no she will have to work and behave she then proceeded to gaslight him into thinking they were all out to get her and she would end up like his mum.

He never seemed to care much about any of this stuff before she came on the scene. He was too busy partying and drinking.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
I find all of it pretty mental how a family drama that should be sorted privately is being played out in public. bleeping hell what a shambles. It's a bit different when it's fictional storylines or drama made for a reality tv show, but this is real life family matters.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Also, didn't they say first they wanted to keep on working for the RF but from abroad or something like that? If the RF and the british press were unbearable why would have they chosen that path? It's only when the RF refused them to have private endeavours and being senior royals that they left for good. Why would have they kept on working for an institution they find racist and abusive?
Exactly. They had Commonwealth roles so they could have gone to live in a Commonwealth country such as Canada which would be relatively convenient for Doria and worked from there. If that wasn't enough, they could have added in other stuff such as military charities, the UN, supporting women, and so on. It does seem that the RF wanted them fully 'in' as it were though. Queen Elizabeth (at the time) was also Queen of Canada, Australia, New Zealand and other nations so having members of the RF living there instead of just visiting would have looked good and they wouldn't have had the constant comparison with W&K. Maybe that was too experimental for the old guard.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.