The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread as last one reached 50 pages plus.

The last thread contained discussion about the behaviour of Lady Susan Hussey, the tour by Prince and Princess of Wales to America and the trailer for the Netflix documentary about Harry and Meghan.

Reactions: 4
Harry and Meghan burning ALL their bridges now. Just heard about the Netflix ad released today. Bad form. Along with the hussey conversation it’s all beginning to look a bit staged, not to mention vindictive

Reactions: 32
Harry and Meghan burning ALL their bridges now. Just heard about the Netflix ad released today. Bad form. Along with the hussey conversation it’s all beginning to look a bit staged, not to mention vindictive
Yet it still manages to be boring! :D I don't think they will have many viewers.

Reactions: 12
I’m interested to know who was hanging around Frogmore kitchen to take candid photos of them kissing after an event and for what purpose, just to prove how in love they are?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Is there love story really some great love story that needs to be told? Idk I don’t think there’s such a thing as a great love story in the first place

Is there love story really some great love story that needs to be told? Idk I don’t think there’s such a thing as a great love story in the first place
Who thinks their own marriage or relationship is an epic love story that needs to be told? I find the way they talk about it really weird.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
They couldn't have staged what happened unless Susan Hussey is on it with them!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Honestly, with all they said and alluded to it is about damn time to burn bridges. But they don’t. They kling onto their royal connections because it’s their golden ticket. If they really followed their claims to the end, the British monarchy is institution, rooted so deeply in misogyny, racism and elitism- it’s impossible to transform and save. They would drop every connection to the institution ASAP, maybe try to reconcile the private relationships if they feel the family is willing. But that’s not what they do. And while I am in favour of the monarchy, I could accept and understand their point and support it.
How often are they going to tell us their story? That’s the third or fourth time now. It’s getting old. How about a real documentary series about their charity endeavours? That would be new, interesting and a positive angle about them. They continue to ride on negative angles, it will break their back - I would even argue it already happened.
Let’s hope they edited out all inconsistencies this time because those will be out there quicker than the pictures of “I can’t sweat, Sweating Andy”.
The trailer makes it look hyper dramatic- which makes me wonder with what market in mind it was produced. Hyper dramatisation makes for good entertainment but won’t necessarily make you appear believable.

Reactions: 17
Yet it still manages to be boring! :D I don't think they will have many viewers.
They'll have millions even if it's just people wanting to see what they say ... most of the viewers will be journalists anyway!!

I'm not going to watch. It's going to be such a load of schmaltzy, self indulgent tripe it will probably make me want to vomit.

Reactions: 13
Is it a one off or a series? I'll watch a one off and I'd watch episode one of a series but I think I'd be bored of them after that.

Reactions: 1
Ironically M&H have done TRF a favour. Dropping the trailer has actually knocked the race row off the the front pages.

Reactions: 10
Wrll no she wouldn't have, because The Queen would have brushed it under the carpet, just as she did with Andrew' s years of problematic behaviour.
So the royals are really to blame as they’ve stood by this behaviour , LH saw nothing wrong with her conversation .

• Wow
Reactions: 5
What do we think of Kate’s looks so far?
71E78384-3FA8-4DEE-966B-D8DD8E08A4B1.jpeg

From left to right she’s wearing: Alexander McQueen suit, Alexander McQueen coat (which looks blue or green depending on the light in some photos), a tartan Burberry dress underneath with a Mulberry bag and finally a vintage 1995 blue Chanel jacket.

I’ve read online that the Wales’ press people aren’t going to release her outfit details anymore as they don’t wish the focus to be on her clothing which is a) stupid and b) very stupid. Does anyone know anymore?

Personally love the Chanel jacket and gold accessories and a fan on the McQueen trouser suit. The Burberry dress is good in that the asymmetrical draping gives her a waist and she’s less up and down but I also think the draping style looks messy. If it was a solid black or green I think they would have looked better.

The first suit is my favourite. Didn't realise she'd worn so many outfits already. She's only been there for 1 day! I don't like the maroon suit with the pussy bow blouse that she's wearing today though. All the outfits above date much better than that.

• Heart
The first suit is my favourite. Didn't realise she'd worn so many outfits already. She's only been there for 1 day! I don't like the maroon suit with the pussy bow blouse that she's wearing today though. All the outfits above date much better than that.
The coat one for me. I do in general like Kate’s style

They'll have millions even if it's just people wanting to see what they say ... most of the viewers will be journalists anyway!!

I'm not going to watch. It's going to be such a load of schmaltzy, self indulgent tripe it will probably make me want to vomit.
It’ll keep Piers and Lady Colin in material for months …

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So the royals are really to blame as they’ve stood by this behaviour , LH saw nothing wrong with her conversation .

I really don't like Nazir Afzal. There's not a race bandwagon he won't jump on.

Where is all this going though? You're at a function or meeting with as load of people you have never met and don't know are you not allowed to ask any kind of personal questions to get to know someone or their background. Are we limited to 'what do think of the weather today?' It's all getting a bit scary.

I'm not defending LSH and this incident though. She was clumsy and wrong to continue to ask and a woman in her position and her experience should definitely have known how to conduct herself.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.