The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To me, in some way, Meghan is very american, it's not an insult, but I would say american people have been used these last decades to be the center of the world as the first power and amercian people can be clueless about things outside of the US. Even the smart and educated ones -there isn't necessarily a will to understand others or to not judge verything from their point of view. It seems like she was not really thinking it would be good to read or learn things about the RF before meeting them. I am not talking about gossips but to pick a well-written historical book about the british monarchy and british culture and ask questions to Harry. In a way, even though he seems to be very protective of her and she seems very motherly about him as someone was saying before, they seem to have communication problems - or at least at the time they met, maybe now they have a better way to communicate.

It wasn't expected from Meghan to be a senior royal - Harry and Meghan said it, so maybe if Meghan had a better idea what it entails she would have made a diferent choice. I think Harry was dreaming to have someone at his side to go through the royal duties. It seems like also that Harry struggled to imagine himself outside of the RF and having to make a living for himself. But in some interviews, he said how he didn't like his job as a senior royal. TBH the RF has its faults in this crash but Meghan and Harry also have theirs. I am curious if they will also talk about that. I think it's probably the point that annoys me the most with them - they never seem like to take responsabilities for things that went wrong.
When I watched a bit of their engagement interview my immediate thought was 'she'll have hightailed it back to California within two years'. She's just very....Californian. Even if she had married an unknown wealthy Brit, life in the UK wouldn't have suited her.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I highly doubt it and even if she does, Harry's not leaving the US whilst his kids are under 18. California laws in the even of a divorce would mean the children would have to stay close to both parents if they share custody so any moving by the parents has to be agreed by both parties. Harry would not want to give up custody just to move back to the UK which he appears to hate so much

Furthermore its quite standard for parents to have to only live less than 50 miles from their children before it causes custody issues as this is seen as "disruptive" by the courts. Even without these laws, i doubt Harry would live an 11 hour flight from his children.

If he does come back that's nearly 20 years away and the dust will have settled and the level of interest will have diminished. Charles will be dead and William will be king, I think Harry hates his brother more than he hates Charles, why would he live in a country where his brother is king?
I predict the marriage will be over in the next two years.

Reactions: 7
I think one of the things that was sad to hear was Harry saying the males in the family had married someone who fits the mould.

My immediate thought was that was aimed at William and Catherine and I always thought Harry had always got on very well with Catherine over the years.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Charles also struggled to get someone to say yes … he was turned down by a Wellesley and a Mountbatten at least because they couldn’t cope with the media … and this was back in the 1970’s … and Diana’s sister is on record as saying she wouldn’t marry him if he was a bin man.

I have a hazy memory that the girl William wanted to date when he split from Kate that time turned him down flat as well (if that was a
cheese dream I had, I apolgise)

Anyway, it seems the Windsor men struggle to get anyone willing to take them and all the accoutrements on, even with the lure of Queen Mary’s vault.

Hopefully when the time comes for George to start partner hunting, any of the lessons learnt will actually be put into practice.
You're right, it was Isabella what-not who later married Sam Branson who didn't want to date William.

The idea of being in the RF and being scrutinised to that degree and your past being raked up sounds terrible to me.

Reactions: 11
I predict the marriage will be over in the next two years.
People have been saying this since the wedding! They may well split, mainly because they seem to have over idealised their relationship, and have turned it into an ' us against the world' thing, but they will hardly be the first couple to divorce, particularly not in the Royal Family.

Reactions: 14
I think one of the things that was sad to hear was Harry saying the males in the family had married someone who fits the mould.

My immediate thought that was aimed at William and Catherine and I always thought harry had always got on very well with Catherine over the years.
I’m sure they showed an image of Catherine as he said that, or shortly after. It does seem a shame that the three of them seemed to have such a good relationship. How did it all go sour so quickly?

Reactions: 10
Optics matter. Especially to the aristocracy and especially to the Royals.
The optics of Oprah and George Clooney sat across from the Queen and Philip was far worse than any optics of a niece and no sister. Even her Suits costars that she’d spent 7(?) years with and become good friends with we’re shoved to the back ahead of people she’d met once. I’d say inviting a lot of those random celebs was a turning point for a lot of people and questioning her motives.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

My immediate thought that was aimed at William and Catherine and I always thought harry had always got on very well with Catherine over the years.
It's exactly those hints that I find a bit meh from them. Yes they don't drop bombshells but how can they pretend to be better than the rest of the RF when they don't stop to shady comments about his family. It's bit like when Meghan said that Kate didn't got it hard when she was dating William, that she just got called "Waity Katy". First, that's false, Kate got hounded - in a way that Meghan didn't. They did insane things like checking her trash! Second, you might think that your sister-in-law was a lazy wife-in-waiting, but then you cannot surprised that they don't take it very nicely.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m sure they showed an image of Catherine as he said that, or shortly after. It does seem a shame that the three of them seemed to have such a good relationship. How did it all go sour so quickly?
I imagine Harry presumed Meghan would have an equal footing to Kate. Which was never going to happen

• Haha
Reactions: 9

My immediate thought was that was aimed at William and Catherine and I always thought Harry had always got on very well with Catherine over the years.
I think it was absolutely about Catherine. I mean frankly, Kate absolutely has turned herself into an empty vessel to be moulded into the perfect Royal wife. Its hardly surprising if not many people want to do that. As far as I can see, it's only Kate who has done it. Sophie has taken 20 years, but she had her time doing things the Royals would disapprove of, and Camilla definitely is old enough now to tell Charles and everyone else what's what.

Reactions: 19
You're right, it was Isabella what-not who later married Sam Branson who didn't want to date William.

The idea of being in the RF and being scrutinised to that degree and your past being raked up sounds terrible to me.
That’s her … Calthorpe?
isn’t her half sister Cressida Bonas who stepped out with Harry?
it all comes flooding back.

in other keep in the circle, one of Charles’ old flames is the aunt of Rose Hanbury.
and people wonder why they never gossip.

Reactions: 3
That’s her … Calthorpe?
isn’t her half sister Cressida Bonas who stepped out with Harry?
it all comes flooding back.

in other keep in the circle, one of Charles’ old flames is the aunt of Rose Hanbury.
and people wonder why they never gossip.
Yes - I couldn't remember the double barrelled surname so chose what-not instead 🤣

If the press are to be believed, of course.

I don't wish divorce upon anyone (unless domestic abuse) but not sure how H&M are going to fund their expensive lifestyle without selling the royal family. They're probably happy enough with their children, their 'vision' and worldwide notoriety.

Reactions: 2
The optics of Oprah and George Clooney sat across from the Queen and Philip was far worse than any optics of a niece and no sister. Even her Suits costars that she’d spent 7(?) years with and become good friends with we’re shoved to the back ahead of people she’d met once. I’d say inviting a lot of those random celebs was a turning point for a lot of people and questioning her motives.
But George and Oprah are successful, they are rich etc etc. Not the daughter of a woman who regularly attacks the new Royal to be, who had to be adopted because her parents couldn’t cope. Wasn’t there drug abuse there?

Interesting that Mishal Husain is disagreeing with what M&H said in their doc.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
But George and Oprah are successful, they are rich etc etc. Not the daughter of a woman who regularly attacks the new Royal to be, who had to be adopted because her parents couldn’t cope. Wasn’t there drug abuse there?

Interesting that Mishal Husain is disagreeing with what M&H said in their doc.
Who was adopted?

Re the engagement interview who are Harry and Meghan implying stopped them from being able to tell their story? Presumably not the BBC as they could answer the questions however they wanted, so was it their own press team who told them to say certain things?
Also if it was an interview with them about themselves who has the power to essentially silence them and put words in their own mouth? And why weren’t they saying “no we’ll tell it our way, thanks for the advice”

Reactions: 5
Isn'it what PR advisers do - direct the people about what to say/not to say in some specific events. It can feel quite controlling, but their interview engagement wasn't for them to display their love to the world - as private citizens, they wouldn't have the BBC interviewing them for their engagement. It was a PR exercise to signal the entrance of Meghan in the RF - in the firm. They were not advertising themselves but the firm. Coming from Hollywood, Meghan could have seen it as being members of a cast about a movie getting interviewed. PR advisers would also give instructions about what to say/whaht to not say. But I think Meghan had more the idea of personal branding with those interviews, where she and Harry could diplay their love story. I can get thow it can feel upsetting to have to market your personal life but I would have thought Meghan would have understood that.

Reactions: 1
What possible evidence do you have of this?! How can you speculate on the mrriage of two people that you don't even know? Harry and meghan have certainly made mistakes but it must be awful knowing that randoms on the Internet are gleefully speculating that you will get divorced. No wonder they left and I hope they don't read any of this crap.
Hate to break it to you, but you're also a 'random on the internet'. It's a gossip site. This is a Royal Family thread. Of course I don't know them, neither do you.

Reactions: 2
why did harry say he had to propose in the UK? William famously proposed in Africa, so did Jack and Eugenie. Edo proposed to Bea in Italy.

The were told not to invite her because of Samantha.
I don't believe they were told not to invite her. Kate was allowed to invite her uncle Gary who had an illustrious past (including calling his house Mansion De Bang Bang) , so why would Samantha or Ashleigh not be allowed to go?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Re the engagement interview who are Harry and Meghan implying stopped them from being able to tell their story? Presumably not the BBC as they could answer the questions however they wanted, so was it their own press team who told them to say certain things?
Also if it was an interview with them about themselves who has the power to essentially silence them and put words in their own mouth? And why weren’t they saying “no we’ll tell it our way, thanks for the advice”
This is one of my issues with them. They make these claims but can't ever back them up: who stopped them telling their story? Why did they stop them? Who silenced them? Why? Who said she couldn't get therapy? Who took her passport? At some point you have to provide some proof and they never do

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.