The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the DM there are 11 articles one after the other before you get to any other stories … and these are just repeated in varying orders across 3 of the sections already … and that before the likes of Judi James and Ingrid Seward tell us what we should be thinking. It’s obviously a slow news day.
Harry and Meghan misses a trick there. They are not mobbed by paparazzi because smartphones have killed the paps business, but they are subject to acres and acres of baiting by the press. If the tabloids, and particularly the DM stopped printing articles and talking about them, all that they have done is an Oprah interview, this documentary, turned up to some charity events and posted things on their own social media. They have kept their children completely private. Easy to avoid if you want to. The rest of the noise comes from the cottage industry that has grown up around Meghan and Harry.
I'm watching it but I'm on a break so can't watch all of it. They have complained about the paps and Harry has gone on about Diana, but they should have gone for the jugular on the tabloids. They hate them anyway, so what difference would it make? Harry hates the press, but concentrating on paps chasing Diana is outdated now and easy for them to disprove.

Reactions: 14
My favourite thing to listen to in the middle of a cost of living crisis has always been a couple of rich people bleating about their rich people problems.

Even the problems they have which also affect normal people, mental health, family issues, etc...the difference is that they have the means and the connections to do something about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Especially when one half of you worked on mental health issues when still a 'working Royal'.

Reactions: 7
So I braved it onto the Daily Outrage and from the little I've read it all seems like a complete borefest

Reactions: 5
On the DM there are 11 articles one after the other before you get to any other stories … and these are just repeated in varying orders across 3 of the sections already … and that before the likes of Judi James and Ingrid Seward tell us what we should be thinking. It’s obviously a slow news day.
I just don’t get the obsession with the Sussexes - I don’t get the levels of hate or love they appear to engender. But then I don’t get the love for the royal family either. I think ALL of them are a waste of space.
I don’t think it is a slow news day ( cost of living crisis, public sector workers going on strike, members of the HoL stealing from the public purse etc ) BUT bearing in mind the DM is nothing more than the government’s mouthpiece, the dull as ditchwater sounding documentary is a very easy way to bury bad news.

Reactions: 12
If they are happy to sit and mock the Establishment then they dont need nor deserve their titles. So come KC strip them of the Duke & Duchess titles.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Even the guardian did a live of the streaming. Not surprised that the DM is losing their minds but they are all jumping with their feet into it. According to the guardian, Harry said that after wearing his nazi outfit and realising how bad it was he went to meet the rabbi of London and a holocaust survivor in Berlin. That gobsmacked me. Doesn't he realise how out of touch it makes him look? Why a rabbi and a holocaust survivor should waste their time to explain to him that nazism is bad. There are so many books and documentaries about the topic. Volunteering for a memorial charity on the holocaust would have been much more appropriate or any kind of action of this kind.

• Wow
I feel the same @FenellaTheWitch and am shocked at the pic of him smirking (albeit uncomfortably). I haven't viewed the documentary but shamefully clicked both the BBC and DM for intel. From what I can take - they're having a go because the monarchy is outdated with its traditions and hierachy - but they're not telling us things we don't know.
I feel quite sorry for them both and all the fuss they are making time and time again. Once again it proves a clash of cultures but just how much Harry didn't prep her. He evidentally has delusions of grandeur too, thinking they would change the monarchy. I feel a bit flaberghasted by it all.

• Wow
I mean, expecting your children and grandchidren to bow and curtsey to you in private is ridiculous, come on! I have lived here all my life and didn't realise tthat.fair enough in public, but in your grandmothers living room? I mean, she should have been told to do it by Harry and done it, but no wonder they are all so fucked up!

Reactions: 17
I mean, expecting your children and grandchidren to bow and curtsey to you in private is ridiculous, come on! I have lived here all my life and didn't realise tthat.fair enough in public, but in your grandmothers living room? I mean, she should have been told to do it by Harry and done it, but no wonder they are all so fucked up!
There's also an order on who curtsy's to who (Kate curtsy's to Charles but Camila curtsy's to her) in private too. The Christmas at Sandringham with the Queen also sounds like a barrel of laughs - I hope it's less stuffy this year with Charles as king now

Reactions: 4
I have just seen shot clip of her curtsying, it does look deeply disrespectful.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have just seen shot clip of her curtsying, it does look deeply disrespectful.
That's were they get things so wrong. If she'd just said 'I found it really strange to have to curtsey to your own Grandmother in private ' That's a fair enough statement but to take the piss is disrespectful.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This has made me angry. She is taking the piss out of the Queen. :mad: So disrespectful.

Seriously Meghan ask yourself what was your husband doing in all this? You’ve been dating a year or however long and you’ve never spoke about his work? He’s never told you about the walkabouts and royal engagements? There would have been at least one trooping the colour between them dating and announcing the engagement, did she not think to watch it (or even just want to because based on how the relationship was going she would soon be part of the family)?

Most couples discuss their work at the end of the day and talk about things happening in their family, what were they discussing in their facetimes? Global domination?

They both come across so empty headed. People are sat in their homes deciding between food and heating and you’re complaining no one taught you to curtsy or the national anthem. Blimey read the room.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
That's were they get things so wrong. If she'd just said 'I found it really strange to have to curtsey to your own Grandmother in private ' That's a fair enough statement but to take the piss is disrespectful.
I think that’s when you can really tell it’s been made for the American market.

My Gran would have had everyone from us the The Vicar curtsying to her and walking backwards out the room if she could have got away with it. She just assumed it was happening and acted accordingly (it wasn’t).

Reactions: 8
Be interesting to see where they go from here. They've pretty much said all they can. I cannot imagine there's much new info to share that they haven't already. It will probably take a fair bit of time to get through that $100m.

Reactions: 3
This has made me angry. She is taking the piss out of the Queen. :mad: So disrespectful.

That doesn't come across well. Harry looked like even he was thinking wtf. Must have been filmed before the Queen died. Anyway she already said that fergie had to teach her to curtsey before she met the Queen so one of those stories is clearly bullshit. Even 30 seconds of instruction from fergie would produce something better than that.

It is weird that they curtsey behind doors but I guess they'd say it's a mark of respect to the head of the family. I think it's another of those things that will change now the Queen is gone. It's optional for people meeting them isn't it?

I haven't watched any of the documentary yet but it sounds like there's no new revelations and, yet again, Harry comes across as the idiot who didn't prepare his new girlfriend in any way for meeting his family.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.