The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something I don’t get is how fiercely private H&M became, particularly Archie’s birth, Christening and his Godparents. Yet today we see photos of their wedding party, lots of private moments. Why the big switch?

Reactions: 9
Something I don’t get is how fiercely private H&M became, particularly Archie’s birth, Christening and his Godparents. Yet today we see photos of their wedding party, lots of private moments. Why the big switch?
Cash $$$$$$$

Reactions: 18
Cash $$$$$$$
Ya I think Meghan didn't want to give the inside scoop away for free. I know they'll say privacy is sharing what you want to share and what you're comfortable sharing but there's too big of a difference in their approach now for it to be anything other than money. They showed us a video of Harry's proposal. Who does that? And we've seen more of Archie in the documentary than in his previous 3 years combined.

Reactions: 9
Ya I think Meghan didn't want to give the inside scoop away for free. I know they'll say privacy is sharing what you want to share and what you're comfortable sharing but there's too big of a difference in their approach now for it to be anything other than money. They showed us a video of Harry's proposal. Who does that? And we've seen more of Archie in the documentary than in his previous 3 years combined.
That's probably why we didn't see the kids at the Jubilee in the summer. Netflix owned the rights. Even their kids are up for the highest bidder.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I reckon it’s also because Harry specifically doesn’t want the tabloids to profit from his private photos. The Daily Mails 19 articles on Thursday suggests he failed if so

Reactions: 5
I love the tiara for her. Like the halo the smaller but airy design suits her better. BUT she needs to wear them like a tiara not like a sparkly headband. I really disliked this look. Which is sad because it had lots of good elements. The dark red dress, the tiara….. but the poinsettia like embellishments were just too much (and reminded me of my grandmothers “decorative” table clothes over the actual table cloth). The straight hair looked weird because the placement of the tiara and its style didn’t work. A headband like tiara would have been better- a bandeau or a very modern and clean one like Sophie’s aquamarine tiara. So if that’s a style she wants to go with she should either get her own tiara commissioned and go for something like the Dutch or the Swedish Diamond Bandeaus or the Norwegian Diamond Daisy or a modern (sad monstrosity) tiara like Madeleines Cyclopes Aquamarine Bandeau OR maybe wait till she is Queen and pull a QM and dismantle and rearrange some of the ugly pieces (Oriental circlet anyone?).
And wearing just another similar red sparkly gown with a similar cut is just stupid. And why for the love of good is she so unimaginative. Deep red for Christmas. Green in Ireland. That’s so lame and generic it’s almost an insult.

Can you imagine them showing up for another award or at a charity gala and no one put take their picture and ignored their attendance in the articles about it - print and online?
Not going to happen. They are the gift that keeps on giving because writing about them guarantees clicks and engagement. Hating
Or living them is a massive industry. There is money to be made so it won’t stop. They say the RF needs the press, but so do they.
I have no issue with your opinions - though I can see she looked lovely, something did feel off for me with this loook - but I’m guessing your name and profile pic are ironic? 😂

Money.

Reactions: 6
Possibly because they are now controlling the narrative to a much greater extent.

Reactions: 3
You're right, it was Isabella what-not who later married Sam Branson who didn't want to date William.

The idea of being in the RF and being scrutinised to that degree and your past being raked up sounds terrible to me.
I have only just realised that that came across as Sam Branson didn't want to date William.

I meant Isabella apparently wasn't keen on the idea! Of William, evidently not Sam.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Do you think she should’ve kept quiet?
She certainly should have not taken to public media to drum up attention for her own ego threatening safety for the organisation she purports to protect.

I have been in a safe house, I know how they operate. Her own desire to be in the media overrode any thought of people's safety. She's a thug.

Reactions: 11
She certainly should have not taken to public media to drum up attention for her own ego threatening safety for the organisation she purports to protect.

I have been in a safe house, I know how they operate. Her own desire to be in the media overrode any thought of people's safety. She's a thug.
I don’t know if you realise how the word ‘thug’ is perceived nowadays, but it is not a good choice of words to refer to a Black woman.

Reactions: 12
i think this is the fault of the royal advisors, who are consistently terrible. Royal PR

I don’t know if you realise how the word ‘thug’ is perceived nowadays, but it is not a good choice of words to refer to a Black woman.
No I didn't know that - what is it? I would just use it to describe anyone who is a proponent of harm towards others, and by going to the media Marlene threatened other's safety. I had not realised it was an exclusively black term and still do not think that.

Reactions: 6
No I didn't know that - what is it? I would just use it to describe anyone who is a proponent of harm towards others, and by going to the media Marlene threatened other's safety. I had not realised it was an exclusively black term and still do not think that.
It’s increasingly perceived as the new n-word and has a lot of racial baggage. Here’s a quick link to a transcript that talks about it.

(edit: sorry, that link looks like an audio link but if you click it will take you to a page with the transcript. It won’t auto play or anything.)

Reactions: 7
Here's my opinion that no one asked for:
Meg and Harry's love story is no greater than mine or my husbands. Just two people that fell in love. Beautiful but shush now.

Lots of shade at William. I think William is the "one" that made the comments about archie. Just my opinion I have no source but William strikes me as dense enough to say something like that and explains the fallout and the shade.

British media was definitely racist. No two ways about it. It is not okay! One headline I hadn't seen before "something is niggling us about this engagement" Jesus christ. Play on the n word??? No one uses the word "niggling" now. It was bleeping awful.

The history about the British empire was interesting and I really like those 3 they had speaking about it. I always enjoy Afua Hirsch when I've seen her speak on issues before.

Harry seems to have done a lot of work on himself which is great to see. He is very reflective and thoughtful.

No damage has been done to the royal family.

Reactions: 13
Meg and Harry's love story is no greater than mine or my husbands. Just two people that fell in love. Beautiful but shush now.

Lots of shade at William. I think William is the "one" that made the comments about archie. Just my opinion I have no source but William strikes me as dense enough to say something like that and explains the fallout and the shade.

British media was definitely racist. No two ways about it. It is not okay! One headline I hadn't seen before "something is niggling us about this engagement" Jesus christ. Play on the n word??? No one uses the word "niggling" now. It was bleeping awful.

The history about the British empire was interesting and I really like those 3 they had speaking about it. I always enjoy Afua Hirsch when I've seen her speak on issues before.

Harry seems to have done a lot of work on himself which is great to see. He is very reflective and thoughtful.

I have to disagree about the word niggling. I would never think of it in relation to the n word and I have heard it used and would use it myself occasionally. Like a niggling pain or there's just something niggling at me about the situation. It's a completely different word.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Niggle and the N-word don't have the same root and are no relation to each other. Niggle is thought to be Scandanavian, there's a Norwegian word, nigla, which means 'to be busy with trifles', whereas the N-word comes from the Spanish word for black, negro, and didn't appear for another 200 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Niggle and the N-word don't have the same root and are no relation to each other. Niggle is thought to be Scandanavian, there's a Norwegian word, nigla, which means 'to be busy with trifles', whereas the N-word comes from the Spanish word for black, negro, and didn't appear for another 200 years.
Was coming to add that. And also to say that niggle is in common use round here. There’s always something niggling me and I must use it at least daily.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.