Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
Frugal Alex used the money she saved from not paying for sourdough or tv licence to fund a childfree holiday for her and Dopey in Japan. This was the first break they’d had since a childfree break by the coast a few months ago on a day the teachers were on strike.

It’s so hard for our high priestess of frugality to get away though, so she mucked in with the plebs at a caravan park and was paid by the Sunday Times to write up her ordeal.

Then there was the usual trip to Spain for free tapas and how could we forget the long weekend poor holidayless Alex took for a wedding in California. She showed off the dress she wore for said wedding but strangely kept the location a secret.

Exactly how much sourdough was she buying before that not buying it can fund so many jollies?

What else? Dopey finally got a haircut, Alex is still wedded to the serial killer frames but don’t you dare mention the f-word (flattering) to her. Have I forgotten anything?

• Heart
Reactions: 26

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Every time she says they “saved up” it riles me. I think she means “we waited until we had enough money in our savings to feel comfortable spending £000s on refurbishing a sofa” but the words give the impression that they put a little bit aside each month until they could afford to do it. Semantics I suppose, but irritating. Does anyone get what I mean?

Reactions: 24

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
I know it’s up to all of us to inform ourselves.. but am I the only one who doesn’t want/need to have every single influencer posting multiple times a day about the conflict and their opinions? To me that’s just a sure fire way to spread misinformation and rile people up to take action the wrong way.

CornedBeefHashtag

Her recent story complaining about expensive sausage rolls really annoyed me. They were clearly from a small business, and who knows maybe they were made from good quality ingredients? Maybe not. But either way I thought she had some front moaning seeing as she charges an absolute piss take premium for a box of matches which literally goes up in smoke.

I know we say it all the time, but in no way is she frugal, she is just bloody tight!

And that is never a good look. I bet all her friends moan about it behind her back. Particularly when she pitches up for a dinner party with a couple of dusty candles tied in leftover ribbon.

• Heart
  • Haha

influencerbore

VIP Member
She’s having five guys take away tonight.
I had it few weeks ago and paid 42 quid with delivery and all that for 2 burgers and 2 fries.
Very frugal
I see she’s also watching traitors, isn’t that a bbc programme, one which you’d require a tv licence for?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
Alex who travelled to Spain, Amsterdam, Japan, America and other UK breaks will finally have ‘more money’ next year due to 30 hours child care.

What a time to be alive

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
There’s plenty of high end chazzers in London that know their brands and can get decent prices for stuff, just drop it into one of those instead of a load of virtue signalling on social media so everyone knows she’s donating a mid-priced coat to charity.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

MeWithTheHair

This payday treat crap is so condescending, so patronising.

The reality is she relies on hardworking people with actual jobs and real life non-phone-based careers to have their paydays to spend on the crap she peddles for kickbacks and aff links. It’s so gross, predatory, upsetting.

payday treats, she just bought a £100+ coat! To add to an existing pile of other coats!! Sake.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

jazzmonster

Chatty Member
“Rebuilding my wardrobe” = buying lots of clothes. “Investing in pieces” = buying lots of clothes. I like buying clothes too, it’s fine, but please call it what it is.

• Heart
IMG_0264.jpeg

“we’ve finally saved up” 🥹👉🏻👈🏻 is so fucking pathetic to me I’m sorry, she’s stuck in self pitying Dickensian urchin mode. Also lol at that being her only ever attempt at financial transparency.

• Haha
  • Heart

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
What is it with these influencers thinking they’re owed a child free lifestyle? Try living in the real world with no family nearby at all you galumphing goons.

• Heart

uberoblique

Chatty Member
Alex has just admitted she’s taken yet another free trial of Amazon Prime TV. For someone so precious about her “content” she’s remarkably reluctant to pay others for theirs!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Just find the carry on so pointless - like what is her/the frugality’s actual value proposition? The frugality angle is grossly offensive in a CoL crisis, the households needing to cancel their tv license aren’t doing so to fund a pair of leopard print jeans they’re doing it to feed their kids or turn the heating on. All she does is shop? Which is fine, but you can’t do point 1 and point 2 it’s just grim.

Hashtagged

VIP Member
A balloon arch? How sustainable 🫠
It’s ok because those are probably leftover balloons, or balloons she’s used several times over and reused, and when she’s done with the balloon arch they make a chic gift to take to a dinner party

• Haha

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
That explanation reeks bs from any angle.
She can set up a new vinted account from her husband grubby’s phone and donate the profits but of course she goes out of her way to say she doesn’t want to set up an account…
I am sure she has already set it up and sold loads.
She could just donate the items directly to a charity shop. Job done, anonymity protected.

• Heart