Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
I really like the re-upholstered sofa, though when I saw it I thought it was a very impractical choice of fabric a young family if the sofa was to be used every day. The Red was much more practical and actually suited the room better.

It’s actually disappointing to see it stained within a day with a so what attitude. Look after your belongings, eat your meals at the kitchen table, if you must eat on the Sofa, chuck a throw or towel over it first. Much easier to do that than trying to scrub out stains. It’s not being OTT or precious - it’s just common sense if you pay XX for something and want to to last for years, you look after it. Or buy something more suited to your needs.

Reactions: 17

Smallwomble

Spotted her gallumping through soho with them on earlier teamed with the ballet pumps. It’s been raining all day so the jeans probably soaked up most of the puddles in soho.

• Haha
  • Sick

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
I can’t even comment on the Specsavers ad.

It fills me with rage that she promotes buying Tat from Tiger all year and then especially at Christmas, but then harps on in such a performative way about the environment and being frugal. The special water collecting splatter jug by the sink for collecting leftover water. But will spaff £30 on totally unnecessary, made in China tacky Christmas decorations that will end up in landfill. ARGHFHGHHFHHFH

• Heart

Ivegotatheory

Chatty Member
The gall as well, to mention bravery in this context, whilst there are wars going on. Pretty much everyone got bullied at school, for being too tall, too thin, too fat, too spotty too EVERYTHING. Poor Alex, she really does need a medal for the torturous years of facing glasses cruelty at school. Honestly how did the world come to this.

• Heart

atome74

The white skirt tucked into anything looks like a medical patient gown, like you've popped off the ward to go and have a smoke outside.

• Haha
The kids shoes thing irritates me so much! I'm sure she was wanging on about getting some second hand a while back. I totally get it if you literally cannot afford to get your kids new shoes but with them so young and with growing feet there really is no excuse for someone as privileged as she is to be scrimping at the expense of her kids development. Just get them decent, properly fitted shoes ffs
---
It's not 'frugal' it's just mean and stingy

• Heart

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
And what looks like a new Anya bag alongside the green one on her arm. All freebies which she'll no doubt lap up but she puts in kids in falling apart second hand shoes, gives shitty £2 candles as presents and recycles water. WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. FUCK.
I preface this my saying I like Alex. I am however triggered my the cheap presents as it reminds me of a friend of mine who never paid her way for things like taxis leaving us short for things while she saved her money for nice clothes. Still to this day she talks with glee about regifting things and has a expression “better a £10 in my pocket than a £10 in yours” around selling second hand items.
Total projection but the attitude annoys me and I ended up thinking how good a friend are you if you are prepared to use me to save money.
Turned out she was getting state funding in uni which she told me years later which meant she had more money than any of us while shortchanging us for taxis.
Alex is presumably getting a nice meal in people’s houses while buying them cheap candles. I’d be so embarrassed.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

skyehigh

Chatty Member
I just HATE the way she adds 'frugal' emphasis - 'home made' parties, 'shop bought' cakes - I assume she means opposed to forking out for a baker to make one. Just say you had a party at home ffs.

Which is also a privilege btw in London - we would love to have a party for our 6 year old at home but our home is too small so we'd only be able to invite a couple of people (and that's if the parents didn't stay!) so we have spend the money hiring a hall or on a soft play party. We are not as frugal / as rich as Alex and Dopey 😢

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
According to her newsletter it’s “crazy work season”. What does that even mean for Alex? Two trips to the post office in a day instead of one?

• Haha
  • Heart

Luchlo

Thread title suggestion: the Frugality no more, now she's The Rue, every day's an excuse to buy something new

Might be too long? Not sure of word limits!

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
The flower patch is just so weird. I can’t believe she hasn’t realised.
IMG_3457.jpeg

Next she’ll be getting a starfish patch for the other side.

• Haha

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
More top class gallumphing in today’s reel and surely the reply to the comment below is “that way I can sell it on Vinted as brand new”?
IMG_0805.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow