The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This commenter makes an interesting point, though perhaps the post about Cato’s birthday isn’t the best post on which to make it.
IMG_0890.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She must have missed her very informative "ceasefire" post, lol.
---
Africa making some very good points
I’ve always wondered what Africa thinks about these white women… idk how to describe it but basically using her (and other cool black creators like her, obvs wouldn’t dare realm out of the middle class social capital sphere of lifestyle insta) to tick a D&I box and to re-share the pre-approved views/visuals A puts on her stories to do the bare minimum and always ensure they’re on the “right” side of things? I guess we know now 😅

Reactions: 8
I know it’s up to all of us to inform ourselves.. but am I the only one who doesn’t want/need to have every single influencer posting multiple times a day about the conflict and their opinions? To me that’s just a sure fire way to spread misinformation and rile people up to take action the wrong way.

Reactions: 24
I know it’s up to all of us to inform ourselves.. but am I the only one who doesn’t want/need to have every single influencer posting multiple times a day about the conflict and their opinions? To me that’s just a sure fire way to spread misinformation and rile people up to take action the wrong way.
Yes I completely agree. I don’t need to read about it from some no one who knows sod all - that’s not what I want from SM!

Reactions: 14
I find it so annoying that she’s criticising someone who wants to put a post up to show that they care that is considered to be “lukewarm/covering all bases”. Why shouldn’t you want to not upset your followers who will have a range of opinions? I follow a lovely beauty influencer who’s just so sweet and she’s been attacked for not sharing enough. It’s like… does 30 year old Becky (not her name) from Essex have all the answers? What are we as the general public actually meant to do other than show solidarity and pressure our government?! Sorry. Just riles me up

Reactions: 9
The Israel/Palestine issue has so many layers and in public discourse it’s nigh on impossible to hold contradictory views - it’s possible to think that Israel has a right to exist, whilst loathing Netanyahu and grieving for the Gazans that are stuck in a hellhole, for example, but you can’t express that publicly. If you stick to one side you have the other screaming for your blood. It’s impossible.

The clever people people who run the world can’t solve it and have struggled to do so for 70 years so Millie from Southampton who reviews nailpolish (let alone Alex and Dozy) have got nothing.

I like Africa but find her quite contradictory, we give Alex grief for banging on about her “free content” but Africa is similarly very happy to bang on about how grateful you should be for her content.

Reactions: 12
I like Africa but find her quite contradictory, we give Alex grief for banging on about her “free content” but Africa is similarly very happy to bang on about how grateful you should be for her content.
I agree, and I think it borders on performative the other way when these more “woke” influencers immediately start shouting about it and criticising others. We get it, you’re more informed than anyone else 🙄

Reactions: 6
I agree, and I think it borders on performative the other way when these more “woke” influencers immediately start shouting about it and criticising others. We get it, you’re more informed than anyone else 🙄
I don’t think that’s what Africa is saying- she is calling out the influencers that use their voices for certain causes but stay silent on others or post something perfunctory to tick box. I have been the most educated about this crisis by influencers of colour screaming about the injustice and the white women have been mostly silent and that is very telling.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Palestinians are literally begging *us* to speak out. To share. To hear them and pressure our governments. All of us. Their videos are in English, because they're aimed at us.
Social media has been their way of sharing their truth with the world and showing what's actually happening that news outlets and our governments censor.
People sharing those posts has influenced SO many people to show up to protests, email their MPs, donate to fundraisers, and speak up themselves to others who weren't yet doing those things.
This has started to happen around the UK in many cities and around the world. Adding more pressure to those who can change things but are choosing not to.

To say or imply that Alex or others with THOUSANDS of followers sharing a post isn't helpful or needed is naive, in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Palestinians are literally begging *us* to speak out. To share. To hear them and pressure our governments. All of us. Their videos are in English, because they're aimed at us.
Social media has been their way of sharing their truth with the world and showing what's actually happening that news outlets and our governments censor.
People sharing those posts has influenced SO many people to show up to protests, email their MPs, donate to fundraisers, and speak up themselves to others who weren't yet doing those things.
This has started to happen around the UK in many cities and around the world. Adding more pressure to those who can change things but are choosing not to.

To say or imply that Alex or others with THOUSANDS of followers sharing a post isn't helpful or needed is naive, in my opinion.
I totally agree and get this. My point was more around people criticising what people do share and saying it’s not right/good enough, and saying that they should post multiple times a day or stop posting their other content.

Reactions: 2
It has irritated me less than the Gallumping Like A Fool To Tiger one but yeah, our favourite frugalian is no comedian.

Reactions: 3
I don’t know who I’m cringing for more - Alex for coming up with it or Dopey for having to endure filming and editing it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.