Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

gollygally

Imagine giving your kids tinned meatballs in order to keep the food shop price low and buying yourself an eye cream worth £46!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

BillieR

Chatty Member
Have I forgotten anything?
The long, rambling, so-obviously-untrue explanation video she posted to stories about why she wants to keep her vinted anonymous.

Definitely not because tattle discovered she is selling all her expensive gifted items on there

Not to defend her, but most people qualify for this. You just can’t earn more than about £100,000 per year which I doubt she does
Most young families in a £800k house wouldn’t be eligible though, realistically, as they’d need at least one person out earning a salary in that range to fund it all. She’s able to have her lifestyle because she’s benefitted from a huge leg up on the property ladder from her dad & is now able to tax efficiently spread her income between her and slick. I think it’s disgraceful tbqh and HMRC should spend more time targeting situations like this and less time mithering over 30 Vinted sales a year tbh 🤷🏻‍♀️ and that’s not to say think of the additional rate payers give them the same, give those additional 20 hours of funding to a nurse or key worker, even the nursery practitioners ffs.

How she’s got the gall gumption and audacity to talk about that on stories is truly beyond me!

• Heart

skyehigh

Chatty Member
About to have some 'leftover' (I bought a few days ago) food for lunch whilst wearing my 'old' (bought last month) jumper. And fuck me I'm also wearing glasses! So sustainable and brave.

• Haha

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Best tip of all though has to be saving leftover water from drinks in a chic jug by the sink and then using it to water plants. You can save yourself 0.0001p per month on your water bill but probably have to offset this against £30 on the chic jug.

• Haha

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Alex doesn’t need to worry because she is saving the planet one splatterware jug of backwashed water dregs at a time!

• Haha
Reactions: 18

zetta buttons

VIP Member
He probably asked her why the f she had her jumper on over the top of her coat...
She’s looking so bundled up. Long sleeve, jumper, padded coat, jumper over the top, tight bag cross body, hideous hoodie thing.

I mean, as soon as she starts walking/needs to get anything out for the kids/goes running after the kids she’s going to melt. Added to the fact it looks ridiculous.

All this layering crap that’s going on right now is just to make us buy more. We need a gilet under our coat. We need a polo under our jumper. We need a light knit under our thick knit. We need a shirt under a tank under a blazer. No we don’t. Stop it.

• Haha

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Imagine giving your family mac and cheese for Christmas dinner while you’ve got a sofa out for reupholstering and there’s scaffolding outside your window.

• Haha
  • Sad
So tight, I can't buy that there's any genuine merit in her promoting sustainable options for party bags here either as she's so consumerist in all other aspects of her life. Would respect her more if she supported local small businesses when selecting party bag favours- like actually promoting small, local, sustainable shops rather than bloody tiger, H&M (and arket/cos in same group) with all the over consumption ethical issues that come with

• Heart

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
One of her Stories today has made me laugh. She gallumphs down into her seat like she’s just got on the train but you can see the screen behind her saying “All change here”.

Imagine her and Dopey lingering on the tube until everyone else disembarks so that they can film!
IMG_1589.png

• Haha

Roro145

The post she’s done about buying the one thing she didn’t particularly recommend from the anya uniqlo collection, kind of sums up how ridiculous influencers are in buying for the sake of buying. She wasn’t particularly fussed about the scarf in the preview but bought it presumably just so she could buy *something* from the collection. And then she’s queuing for god knows how long to buy more in store?

I’m still in the process of unlearning lots of bad habits re shopping, a lot of which were made worse by influencers constantly promoting the newest fashionable items. The worst of my shopping addiction was back in 2017 before influencers had to declare ads and before I knew what a swizz it all was - I have low self esteem especially regarding fashion and was constantly chasing dopamine rushes from new clothes. I still fall victim occasionally (was tempted by one of the jumpers in the anya collection - was actually relieved when it had sold out before I had chance to go on the website).

But it all seems so futile and can’t believe how much money I’ve spent on clothes over the years - these guys are promoting and fuelling irresponsible levels of consumption!

• Heart

skyehigh

Chatty Member
Every time she says they “saved up” it riles me. I think she means “we waited until we had enough money in our savings to feel comfortable spending £000s on refurbishing a sofa” but the words give the impression that they put a little bit aside each month until they could afford to do it. Semantics I suppose, but irritating. Does anyone get what I mean?
Me too! Her posts are always full of pointed buzzwords 'secondhand', 'really affordable' and 'saved up' - but no actual (realistic) costs.

And then the next post is £100s on a new coat she doesn't need.

• Heart

D78

It’s ok because those are probably leftover balloons, or balloons she’s used several times over and reused, and when she’s done with the balloon arch they make a chic gift to take to a dinner party
She's going to cut them up when they have deflated and use them as gift tags

• Haha

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Going out and having a tap water is just such a miserable thing to do. Don’t get me wrong, I would do it if I can’t have or don’t fancy a proper drink, eg going out for a quick lunch with colleagues, I’m not a big fan of soft drinks for £4 or whatever. But going out with a friend? Sorry, if you can’t afford to eat and drink properly, you need to choose less expensive restaurants or go out less often. Not go as often as your wealthier peers but be a total Scrooge about it. Just so ick.

marjorytrashheap

VIP Member
My "payday treat" is buying a Tesco meal deal instead of bringing my lunch in. She just hemorrhages money on needless crap constantly, it is nuts to watch it.

Reactions: 17

CornedBeefHashtag

I would be absolutely mortified if my newly reupholstered sofa was stained literally days after getting it back, I really would be.

Particularly if I’d denied myself sourdough for the last year in order to fund it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17