The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alex is here for all the poor oppressed glasses-wearers. Apparently it’s time they got their moment, whatever that means. Does she really think she’s the first person in the public eye(!) to wear glasses? Nana Moskouri may have something to say about that!
---
Could she be any smugger?
IMG_0857.jpeg

• Sick
Reactions: 4
I’d love to know how much she got paid for this, poor old Alex might be able to afford some sourdough now, might help with her puffy face to avoid the chemically treated white bread she lives off

Reactions: 10
I’ve been wearing glasses for forty years now, starting with proper Deirdre Barlow’s aged 9, rejoiced at getting contacts aged 14, now wear both 50/50. Contacts are my preference for comfort and because I swim a lot and have a -8.5 prescription (hella blind).

Apart by from when I was a teenager I have never felt ashamed or awkward about my glasses. Inconvenienced maybe, but not ashamed.

Well done to Alex for inventing an issue, canny indeed.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hard to believe it’s the same woman in those photos who only yesterday was gahlumping like a fool to tiger

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sad the ad and galumphed straight over here
Now am sure someone called it a while back that she was trying to score an ad with them
Their marketing team obviously don’t do their research as they’d have known she’d been slaying them not long ago
I’ve had to start wearing glasses again and frankly I’m not influenced in the slightest….influenced to run the other way maybe but that’s it

Reactions: 6
The photographer she tagged does a lot of influencer photography, including for Wardrobe Icons, the vanity project of one of Alex’s former Red colleagues. I wouldn’t be surprised if this partnership came about through Alex badgering Specsavers to let her be the saviour of glasses wearers, with a photographer already lined up!

Also her mum’s comment 🙄

The photographer she tagged does a lot of influencer photography, including for Wardrobe Icons, the vanity project of one of Alex’s former Red colleagues. I wouldn’t be surprised if this partnership came about through Alex badgering Specsavers to let her be the saviour of glasses wearers, with a photographer already lined up!

Also her mum’s comment 🙄
I suspect her mum was told what to write….i mean Harry Hill wasn’t really popular until the mid 00s so is she saying that people were shouting that out to her in the street when she was in her 20s….i suspect not
Benny Hill maybe….nothing to do with the specs though, more the ridiculous galumph

I can’t even comment on the Specsavers ad.

It fills me with rage that she promotes buying Tat from Tiger all year and then especially at Christmas, but then harps on in such a performative way about the environment and being frugal. The special water collecting splatter jug by the sink for collecting leftover water. But will spaff £30 on totally unnecessary, made in China tacky Christmas decorations that will end up in landfill. ARGHFHGHHFHHFH

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Erm hang on wasn’t she slagging specsavers off a while ago because they were promoting contact lenses and everyone should wear ugly glasses like Alex!
I’d say I won’t be buying from specsavers again but I haven’t for years as there frames are naff and I prefer to buy from my local opticians
This! bleeping this! She was proper snarky with her comments about how they shouldn't promote contact lenses and yet here we bleeping are! And yes, Specsavers are tit for frames. Can thoroughly recommend Firmoo, an online company - loads of good frames, super helpful customer service, half the price (not an #ad)

Reactions: 12
This! bleeping this! She was proper snarky with her comments about how they shouldn't promote contact lenses and yet here we bleeping are! And yes, Specsavers are tit for frames. Can thoroughly recommend Firmoo, an online company - loads of good frames, super helpful customer service, half the price (not an #ad)
thanks for this recommendation as I have always used spec savers. I was considering Cubitts in London but will check out Firmoo as well.

thanks for this recommendation as I have always used spec savers. I was considering Cubitts in London but will check out Firmoo as well.
Honestly, they are bloody brilliant. I was all ready to be disappointed but I can't recommend them enough and quite a few friends have used them too.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
If people are switching from Specsavers off the back of Alex’s ad they should let them know, and point out her previous slagging off too! There will be receipts on this thread!

Reactions: 7
I can’t even comment on the Specsavers ad.

It fills me with rage that she promotes buying Tat from Tiger all year and then especially at Christmas, but then harps on in such a performative way about the environment and being frugal. The special water collecting splatter jug by the sink for collecting leftover water. But will spaff £30 on totally unnecessary, made in China tacky Christmas decorations that will end up in landfill. ARGHFHGHHFHHFH
£30 on tacky Tiger tat yet Cato’s shoes are falling apart.

Someone needs to call bollocks on the Harry Hill comment.

Reactions: 13
I have always had my glasses from SS - I have found them to be great and reasonably priced (and they give me free sight tests with work!) but it makes me really cross she is now promoting them as, actually, she would never wear them. She clearly only shops in these ‘trendy London types’ someone has commented on the perfect authentic match or some bollocks and that just so not true as Alex would never think SS is cool or current enough for her. I’m not saying it is dead cool but you know, free tests ha ha!

Reactions: 8
The mummy comment is so embarrassing, wearing glasses like most of us who have since they were little doesn’t make them brave.
Brave are people like my next door neighbour who is a firefighter. I will social media was killed off

• Heart
Also, poor Cato - Alex is raking it in with collabs/adverts etc but he's in tatty/ripped second hand shoes and his birthday decorations are a partially deflated sh*tty Halloween balloon arch 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I have always had my glasses from SS - I have found them to be great and reasonably priced (and they give me free sight tests with work!) but it makes me really cross she is now promoting them as, actually, she would never wear them. She clearly only shops in these ‘trendy London types’ someone has commented on the perfect authentic match or some bollocks and that just so not true as Alex would never think SS is cool or current enough for her. I’m not saying it is dead cool but you know, free tests ha ha!
Ours doesn’t do free eye tests anymore £35 they wanted last time….its actually the trendy ones that are giving out the freebies round by us

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.