The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In fairness, it’s a lovely coat and she will get years of wear out of it. The colour really suits her, I think.
She could get years out of everything though because she has SO much stuff it just can't get worn as much.

Just went back to her grid and she's worn at least 9 different coats since December. She had two shades of camel coat in a similar style!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Honestly the amount of new clothes she buys never ceases to amaze me, it is truly ridiculous. I’ve just looked on her grid and she’s covering up for all the new new new by adding the odd ‘Oh this so old’ tit. The jeans she has on she says are old gap but if you look on her grid EXACTLY the same ones are M&S new this winter. So either she’s lying today OR she is so wasteful she needs jeans exactly the same. It drives me insane that she’s all holier than tho over not spending and buying secondhand etc and her followers lap it up but it’s all lies lies lies 😳😳🤯🤯🤬🤬

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I don’t care where those jeans are from, they’re hideously, gasp, unflattering! The coat is good though, and a hell of a lot nicer than the duvet one.

Reactions: 2
Best tip of all though has to be saving leftover water from drinks in a chic jug by the sink and then using it to water plants. You can save yourself 0.0001p per month on your water bill but probably have to offset this against £30 on the chic jug.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Recent thoughts on our favourite frugal bullshitter:

Nice coat, terrible jeans (proof that French tuck's don't suit every body shape).
Move over Emily Pankhurst - Alex dressing like a bag lady is the only feminist icon we need.
Pleading poverty whilst living in a £800k house and twatting around on instagram for a few hours a week will never not be mindblowing.
Please get your sinuses sorted.
Suggested new year resolution for Dopey: wash your bleeping hair.
I didn't hate the tote reel (I know I know).

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Best tip of all though has to be saving leftover water from drinks in a chic jug by the sink and then using it to water plants. You can save yourself 0.0001p per month on your water bill but probably have to offset this against £30 on the chic jug.
We recently bought a dehumidifier (game changer!) so have to empty the water tray everyday. Maybe I need a leftover water pot à la Alex!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
We recently bought a dehumidifier (game changer!) so have to empty the water tray everyday. Maybe I need a leftover water pot à la Alex!
Totally off topic here sorry but water your plants with it!! My plants weirdly really visibly love the dehumidifier water!
---
You need a tv license to watch iPlayer, alex.

(well, technically you don’t, but what do you think covers the cost of having films available on there in the first place, babes…)

Attachments

Reactions: 4
That’s so interesting because I thought you couldn’t use dehumidifier water for anything. Will try it for the plants, thanks!

Looks great- cushions definitely look refilled.
I suspect it will be filthy before long because they both look grubby and also pale fabric with young kids is asking for trouble.
Still she’s not known for practicality!

Reactions: 6
Every time she says they “saved up” it riles me. I think she means “we waited until we had enough money in our savings to feel comfortable spending £000s on refurbishing a sofa” but the words give the impression that they put a little bit aside each month until they could afford to do it. Semantics I suppose, but irritating. Does anyone get what I mean?

Reactions: 24
Every time she says they “saved up” it riles me. I think she means “we waited until we had enough money in our savings to feel comfortable spending £000s on refurbishing a sofa” but the words give the impression that they put a little bit aside each month until they could afford to do it. Semantics I suppose, but irritating. Does anyone get what I mean?
Yes! This pisses me off so much - I'm sure she said the same thing about their globetrotting last year.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.