The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Frugal Alex used the money she saved from not paying for sourdough or tv licence to fund a childfree holiday for her and Dopey in Japan. This was the first break they’d had since a childfree break by the coast a few months ago on a day the teachers were on strike.

It’s so hard for our high priestess of frugality to get away though, so she mucked in with the plebs at a caravan park and was paid by the Sunday Times to write up her ordeal.

Then there was the usual trip to Spain for free tapas and how could we forget the long weekend poor holidayless Alex took for a wedding in California. She showed off the dress she wore for said wedding but strangely kept the location a secret.

Exactly how much sourdough was she buying before that not buying it can fund so many jollies?

What else? Dopey finally got a haircut, Alex is still wedded to the serial killer frames but don’t you dare mention the f-word (flattering) to her. Have I forgotten anything?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I’ve been off Vinted a few days and have just seen that awful restaurant reel. My god , words fail me. Pretending you can’t afford something when you clearly can is beyond embarrassing. This is hands down worse than the sourdough as it is so incredibly rude to the poor bastards trying to keep their local/small restaurants going in this difficult climate. Her instagram colleagues who know the truth about the kind in money she rakes must be rolling their eyes.

Reactions: 14
Have I forgotten anything?
The long, rambling, so-obviously-untrue explanation video she posted to stories about why she wants to keep her vinted anonymous.

Definitely not because tattle discovered she is selling all her expensive gifted items on there

Reactions: 19
The long, rambling, so-obviously-untrue explanation video she posted to stories about why she wants to keep her vinted anonymous.

Definitely not because tattle discovered she is selling all her expensive gifted items on there
Luckily the thread title makes that extra obvious as well 😂

She's stuck with Vinted - trying to sound frugal by using it but using it to flog her high end freebies.

Reactions: 8
She’s be better off acknowledging her privileges, and making helpful content about life with two kids, fashion, interiors etc. without this fake ‘I’m just like you’ image.

Then if she gave away the odd freebie, or some good donations she may be a little more likeable

Reactions: 9
She’s be better off acknowledging her privileges, and making helpful content about life with two kids, fashion, interiors etc. without this fake ‘I’m just like you’ image.

Then if she gave away the odd freebie, or some good donations she may be a little more likeable
Errm excuuuuse me! She’s ALWAYS donating to charity don’t you know!!! Hahahaha we know this as she feels the need to tell us EVERY TIME!

Reactions: 7
Can I ask do we reckon Alex reads here? Also of influencers do but couldn't tell if Alex still does. The tinted comment recently did change my mind to yes

Reactions: 3
Wait, what? She’s playing fast and loose with the term “a while”. Has she forgotten Japan?
IMG_0744.png

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Yes, managed a trip the other side of the world together, ‘but not had much time alone together’

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
What is it with these influencers thinking they’re owed a child free lifestyle? Try living in the real world with no family nearby at all you galumphing goons.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Dreading her frugal Christmas content - remember when she claimed they couldn’t afford new bedding and had to ask for it for Christmas off her parents? 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Dreading her frugal Christmas content - remember when she claimed they couldn’t afford new bedding and had to ask for it for Christmas off her parents? 🫠
Reminds me of a friend who told me she couldn’t afford new curtains as “curtains are expensive”. Turns out she was looking at £500 velvet drapes! Am pretty sure you can get curtains (and indeed bedding) for a fraction of that price.

• Haha
Reminds me of a friend who told me she couldn’t afford new curtains as “curtains are expensive”. Turns out she was looking at £500 velvet drapes! Am pretty sure you can get curtains (and indeed bedding) for a fraction of that price.
Exactly. There’s a difference (Alex) between not being able to afford bedding and not being able to afford fancy, on trend and boujis bedding that you only “need” so you can show off on insta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.