The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wait, she’s selling the coat she literally just bought last week??
Shut up! The one she went on a on about, that actually starts to make her look a bit ‘put together’ and she was going on about it being a real investment because she had another Jigsaw coat that’s yonks old and is still fabulous

Reactions: 3
Shut up! The one she went on a on about, that actually starts to make her look a bit ‘put together’ and she was going on about it being a real investment because she had another Jigsaw coat that’s yonks old and is still fabulous
I think I assumed it was the old Jigsaw coat she was selling, as she had replaced it with the new one?

Reactions: 5
Oh it must be the old one then. She said “my Jigsaw coat” and I just assumed it was the new one so that’s my mistake.

But she’s keen to come across as Lady Bountiful by saying she’s selling it for charity and meanwhile her freebies are being sold for £££.

Reactions: 9
Oh it must be the old one then. She said “my Jigsaw coat” and I just assumed it was the new one so that’s my mistake.

But she’s keen to come across as Lady Bountiful by saying she’s selling it for charity and meanwhile her freebies are being sold for £££.
So there’s two Jigsaw coats. I can understand why the more recent, green one meant so much to her.

🙄

She could just donate the items directly to a charity shop. Job done, anonymity protected.
THIS! Just let the charity shop sell it. Most chazzers these days know their brands so it’s not like a Jigsaw coat will go for a fiver. They’ll make a decent profit out of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
There’s plenty of high end chazzers in London that know their brands and can get decent prices for stuff, just drop it into one of those instead of a load of virtue signalling on social media so everyone knows she’s donating a mid-priced coat to charity.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She should get on the cleaning insta bandwagon, she's done so well getting the red sauce based stain out of that sofa. Almost like it was never there at all 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She should get on the cleaning insta bandwagon, she's done so well getting the red sauce based stain out of that sofa. Almost like it was never there at all 🤔
Not sure Alex and Dopes have it in them to be cleanfluencers. Clue’s in the name and all that…

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Why doesn’t she just sell the coat as normal on Vinted and then donate the money?
The Jack Monroe effect I expect - she doesn't want to say it's for charity and the money end up in own bank account 'just resting there' - before she donates. No transparency etc. I don't think she'd be doing anything dodgy but she will be aware of this threads and that questions will be asked!

Reactions: 1
Yeh but she didn’t need to say anything - just sell and donate to charity! She doesn’t need to post it at all! I’ve taken a bag to my charity shop this week and not posted it on SM 😂

Reactions: 12
Our Alex has always been very keen to let everyone know how much she gives to charity 🙄

Reactions: 13
35k subscribers to her newsletter 😳
Also giving herself a break after new year 😂😂😂buying another coat you don’t need is obviously exhausting work

• Haha
  • Wow
35k subscribers to her newsletter 😳
Also giving herself a break after new year 😂😂😂buying another coat you don’t need is obviously exhausting work
But it’s that 35k which is the real value to her business when getting ads. That’s not just 35k random Instagram accounts, but 35k email addresses receiving ads directly to their inbox and likely to have a bigger impact than randomly scrolling on social media. I suspect that’s where companies will get interested and be hooked.

Interested to hear from anyone who works in marketing/PR how it all works?

Reactions: 7
Aren’t all Alex’s goals pretty achievable? It’s not that hard to pack candles and get in a few trips to the post office.
IMG_1181.jpeg

• Haha
But it’s that 35k which is the real value to her business when getting ads. That’s not just 35k random Instagram accounts, but 35k email addresses receiving ads directly to their inbox and likely to have a bigger impact than randomly scrolling on social media. I suspect that’s where companies will get interested and be hooked.

Interested to hear from anyone who works in marketing/PR how it all works?
This, and also this is Alex’s insurance policy should IG disappear tomorrow or her account be hacked. Her audience email list is business gold.

I wonder if people are more likely to click a link in a personal email newsletter, than on IG stories?

So newsletters are guaranteed delivery and will be sent to your entire database. Your stories are likely to be shown to only a fraction of your audience.

Uh oh is Dopey in the tit? What’s he done to get such a dirty look from Her Frugalness? Proper schoolmarm vibes.

IMG_1190.jpeg

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.