Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Raspberrybrulee

I honestly think it's an ego thing between Brenda and C-bomb. They both wanted to be Stephanie's number 1 fan and they were constantly jostling for position on who got the La Lande announcements first, who was "official", who was closest to people in the chateau etc. I actually don't think Stephanie could have found two more bonkers people to represent La Lande on facebook if she'd run a competition and asked for nominations. It was always going to end in tears.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Incognito Chatelaine

Attempting to moderate, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user
Well ... @jimbo93

Just an observation -
,,,, but you go for the jugular a LOT
Well observed Mojo... but Jimbo is not alone in this... if I may sum up posts from various observations on recent threads, the speculation is that SJ has:

Histrionic Personality Disorder,
Borderline Personality Disorder,
Narcissistic Personality Disorder,
Bulimia Nervosa
and is...
Psychopathic,
Sociopathic
and a victim of childhood sexual abuse or similar trauma by either her father or an inhabitant of the nursing home.

(Have I left anything out?)

Now, even the most enthusiastic character assasin would suggest that this is not only unlikely, but impossible. Some of the above perhaps, but all, no.

A diagnosis incorporating all of these afflictions does not exist, and some are mutually exclusive, e.g. one cannot be a psychopath and sociopath, it is one or the other.

I am pretty sure none of those speculating are Clinical Psychologists, although they may sadly have experienced the (sometimes horendously) unpleasant side effects of being in contact with a person (or persons) with any of the above diagnoses... and this is where it comes full circle when you thought Jimbo might have been jilted by SJ. We all need to be mindful that we are not projecting our hatred of someone who has hurt us, onto SJ. She may be spoilt, and sometimes behave in ways that we do not approve of, but it does not make her Attila the Hun. It also does not make her a tax dodger. Chateaux in France are often cheaper than a one bedroomed city apartment in Europe.

So, whilst I enjoy poking fun at the stupidity and banality of the recent vlogs, including making observations (like Marie repeatedly referring to her mother's attentiveness to her at Christmas - ouch) - I do feel the amateur psychology is becoming a little tiresome. Let's get back to having a few laughs!

Mojo could probably use her Joycean wit to express it better than I do, but that's my tuppence worth (or ha'pence worth)... ;)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

PeacockQueen

In your defense, I would like to say to those that need visual proof (time stamping). It is not how things work. Master manipulators work their magic over a period of time, and very seldom do they ever show any signs of miscontemptment with their subs because their subs are so fragile they know they will break them. But if you read between the lines and know how they operate you will see the work being done. I can give you an exemple if you like. SJ walks into the flower room and says I'm going to help you do this or that, M smiles and says okay, SJ asks what is M going to be doing first, M smiles enjoying the contact thinking its directed at her personally, small description prevails, SJ then says okay well I'm going to go to the kitchen and have a cup of tea. Bye. Let me know how it looks when you're finished. Boom, pull the rug from under M's feet.
Only one massive problem with your example. SJ had a camera in her hand.

Both parties were therefore fully aware that they are involved in a performance piece to camera for a vlog. Ergo nothing that you see can be taken to represent how an interaction like that would play out when they are not producing a clip for a video. Marie was fully aware that this was not a typical interaction between 2 friends in private so her expectations for attention or help from SJ would be in line with that.

Given that SJ edits all her own videos, and given that Narcs are highly manipulative, if SJ was a Narc she would never have left that or any other footage in if she thought it showed her in anything other than a perfect and positive light.

I don't personally think it showed anything other than SJ asking how M was getting on for a bit of frothy vlog filler and then making her a nice cup of tea.

Perhaps we could consider an alternative theory? Which is that there are just a lot of people who find SJ's confidence and privilege threatening, with perhaps a dose of envy on top, not to mention all the women who seem furious that she remains friends with exes, and want to bring her down by projecting their own insecurities and negative Narc experiences onto her to make themselves feel better?

• Heart
  • Wow

Newb

Have to say this years advent videos are just too long. I dont want to spend a half hour a day on them, so all I'm doing is keeping an eye here and cherry picking the bits I want to watch from what you guys mention. Far more entertaining that way. I am really disappointed in the videos in general. It's the classic example of capitalism ruining art. As soon as SJ started making money off of YT and creating the kind of videos she thinks we want to watch, it ruins the output completely and there is 0 spontaneity. EVERYONE is performing now, all so self-conscious, especially SJ.

I used to like SJ so much I thought we had loads in common, and that if we ever met we would be BFFs, it felt so special to see into her world. Now its turning me off her videos and I really miss the old stuff.

They all definitely read here, even Cat has stopped wearing crop tops with trackie bottoms, had anyone else noticed that? Hanni won't be back, after the lashing she got online, mark my words, and Marie is too clever to divulge much on screen. The only reason SJ is running after her with a camera shouting "I love you!" is that we all said M had fallen out of favour, and SJ is desperate to show that isn't true. If M becomes too unhappy there (cuz of the snarking) she will leave and then SJ will have no hand maiden to mind her when mummy is away.

Not sure what to make of M Potts and his Patreon interview. He is the poor man's Hugh Grant and so charmless and boring I could only watch 10 mins. Life is too short.

I used to want to volunteer there but there is No Way I'd go near it now, not only because of having my privacy infringed with the camera, but because I no longer believe in the dream. And I miss that dream. It really kept me going this year.😫

Last edited:
  • Heart

Raspberrybrulee

I've absolutely loved reading through the last few pages about the feud between the two facebook pages and whose turn it is to be the "official" La Lande page! I've always thought that both Brenda and C-bomb were absolute nut jobs - in fact I think anyone who is a superfan of anyone or anything has to be slightly unhinged. It reminds me of the episode of Alan Partridge where he inadvertently ended up in his superfan's home and the terror on his face when he found an entire room in there as a shrine to himself.

The most ironic thing about this entire facebook page debacle is that our community here on tattle.life is actually far more cohesive and supportive than the so called fan pages where everyone is told to be nice. Yes we've had the odd person flouncing in and out but generally, although we often strongly disagree with each other, we rub along pretty well.

This proves that enforced niceness, arbitrary rules and censorship by jumped-up self-important admins don't work. Viva freedom of speech!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28

PeacockQueen

, including Selmar-would he w
I had a look at the calendar and she does put the names of the person who the images belong to

Imag

15/16 years of living in a place with no other job but to look after a fairly modest pile, yet only just got round to searching out the loft for family heirlooms? I don't buy it. If you want to be a straightforward person, yes you ask them. If you want to make that person feel like they are a hero then you do it the SJ way.
Ok so lets float your theory for a moment. She pretends to Selmar she loves the rotten creche and he saves the day by making her a new one (on her dime for labour and materials not to mention all the other jobs its stopping him doing for her so she's already shot herself in the foot there, this Narc lark is costing her money so she doesn't seem a very clever or fiscally prudent Narc, but lets continue). He's now fallen into her cunning trap and she's got him right where she wants him, now what? Are we to believe that when the camera turned off she switched and went "cold", tried to "confuse and distort his reality" and then unleashed the "constant histrionics" on Selmar? What's the end game? When do we get to see this broken shell of a man?

Because when I look at Selmar I see a happy fellow who loves where he lives, loves his wood work (you could see the joy and pride on his face when looking at the finished creche). I see someone who takes part in group events when he feels like it and takes himself off in his camper for days on end when he feels like it.

I see a man who despite 9 months living with an alleged cold, spiteful, manipulative and evil Narc whose sole mission in life is apparently to break and destroy him, is as happy and carefree and jolly as the day he arrived.

If she's a Narc she's utterly crap at it so I wouldn't worry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

NorrisCS

First time poster but I started out being a fan of Chateau Diaries having seen SJ on ETTCDIY and was so impressed by her work ethic. That good impression has been relentlessly eroded week by week by the overwhelmingly obnoxious behaviour of SJ and all within the ramshackle pile that is CDeLL... it began when she started opening gifts... which I found a bit off... then she did it again, and again, and again until it began to dawn on me what was really going on. Even her Co-owner Nic found it abhorrent but did it deter the greedy and avaricious behaviour of a 45 year old woman acting like a spoiled 12 year old, no it didn’t. She continues to solicit gifts... look at the official Chateau FB page where is says if you want to sends gifts this is the address. I mean, how more blatant can she get? But sweet mother of Devine... the antics in the white Christmas Eve dress, twirling and clasping her hands to her bosom like a Disney Princess... I’m still cleaning up the vomit.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Raspberrybrulee

So, whilst I enjoy poking fun at the stupidity and banality of the recent vlogs, including making observations (like Marie repeatedly referring to her mother's attentiveness to her at Christmas - ouch) - I do feel the amateur psychology is becoming a little tiresome. Let's get back to having a few laughs!

Mojo could probably use her Joycean wit to express it better than I do, but that's my tuppence worth (or ha'pence worth)... ;)
Wholeheartedly agree @Incognito Chatelaine - I was beginning to think I'd inadvertently entered a Cod Psychologists' AGM :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
The claim made by some fans and haters that having children makes them a better person with a more meaningful life is flawed, just look at all the parents who beat or ignore their children if you need an example of how that train of thought does not hold water.
The oft made argument that SJ’s life is both meaningless because she chooses to be childfree, and wasteful and opulent does not stack up. Having children would generate more use of resources and environmental waste than living in an old house and shopping in the brocante.
It's nowt to do with her being childless. It's to do with her being a vain, vacuous spendthrift who has never done a proper day's work in her life who is touting for money so she can go off travelling & be a bum.

First time poster but I started out being a fan of Chateau Diaries having seen SJ on ETTCDIY and was so impressed by her work ethic. That good impression has been relentlessly eroded week by week by the overwhelmingly obnoxious behaviour of SJ and all within the ramshackle pile that is CDeLL... it began when she started opening gifts... which I found a bit off... then she did it again, and again, and again until it began to dawn on me what was really going on. Even her Co-owner Nic found it abhorrent but did it deter the greedy and avaricious behaviour of a 45 year old woman acting like a spoiled 12 year old, no it didn’t. She continues to solicit gifts... look at the official Chateau FB page where is says if you want to sends gifts this is the address. I mean, how more blatant can she get? But sweet mother of Devine... the antics in the white Christmas Eve dress, twirling and clasping her hands to her bosom like a Disney Princess... I’m still cleaning up the vomit.
Exactly. Clearly told the other females that it was a black or red dress code so she stood out in her white dress. Jeez. She's not all there as my mum would've said.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

Espe

VIP Member
Selmar looks very miserable in the last gift grab; Mandy is clearly uncomfortable; Marie is absent and Cat just about tolerates it. It's only SJ, Nati and PP who seem to enjoy it. I wonder how the people who give really valuable gifts feel when SJ reacts in exactly the same way about the trash as she does about the expensive things. Of course, the trash givers will be delighted but it is clearly a fake reaction. I would suggest that when Nati opens the boxes, she could write a number or symbol to indicate how SJ could respond to each one. Maybe something like this on a scale of 1 to 5:

1. Trashy stuff: paste peacock jewellery; horrendous handknitted sweaters; appalling art, etc: "Soo... pretty, thank you" (meaning: to be cast aside /sent straight to the attic or Emmaus).
2. Of low value, but just about acceptable to someone else: Yorkshire tea; ginger cake; cheaper biscuits; snacks for Diesel and Ruby; tartan items for Gerry; hundredeth pair of gardening gloves/hats; aprons; dubious felt baubles, etc. "I know who will love this"/"Diesel/Gerry/Mummy" will love this, we'll keep this for her/him".
3. Could be useful: millioneth seed packet; Lego for Antoine; multi-coloured scarves; more acceptable artwork/hand made items ; chocolate; better quality biscuits; F & M's tea: "How lovely delicious/we must frame it/keep it for Antoine."
4. Moderately valuable/reasonably attractive: millioneth Spode Italian/Willow pattern items; scraps of Toile de Jouy, coffee table books, etc. "Oh wanderfool/beootifool/so generous/we don't have that one".
5. Very valuable/expensive: couture gowns/Spode fleur de lys items/luxury kitchen equiment/real silver & gold items: "Too, too generous/we will treasure this/I'll never fit into this (other attendees to say "Of course you will"/(Later): How could you possibly know it was my size/would fit me?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Linus

VIP Member
New member here. Hi to all. I was drawn to the unusualness of Lalande life, only now too many things don’t seem to add up for me. For instance, in “Oscar Night” it was mentioned that the wrapping paper profits are going to be destined to frame SJ's father paintings. Fantastic! But… if that is such a meaningful endeavor for her, considering he passed away more than a decade now… how many trips, restaurants, expensive alcohol, etc. etc. has she spent good money on since then? She surely had more than enough resources to frame the paintings many times over by now...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Lizg123

Hello! My first time posting here - did my best to read through all the pages.

1) my guess is UTI because when she cheered Phillip in the stocking vlog it looked like she may have been drinking cranberry juice. I know from experience how awful they can be and when they come on, they come on quick. I hope for her sake that the antibiotics help!

2) I have a sneaking suspicion that Cat and Ryan (from Life of Ryan) may be having a fling of sorts and I've had to come on here to ask if anyone else has picked up on that? Only because Ryan came with Michael Pethrick to LaLande, and then soon after they came back again. Cat was with Stephanie bidding them goodbye in the courtyard for quite awhile if I remember correctly. ALSO Stephanie mentioned when Cat was leaving that Cat was stopping by Chateau de la B to 'visit Michael Pethrick' .... and low and behold Billy just brought Ryan to Chateau de la B to visit before Christmas. So seemingly they are there at the same time? Ryan also mentioned in his latest vlog that he wants to keep some of his life private because he is "dubious and wary" of revealing too much. Which seems smart lol! I for one think they would make a cute couple because they both seem optimistic, positive, down to earth and good natured.

I feel like a gossip and kind of silly for posting that theory lol and I hope it's not an invasion of privacy and obviously it's pure speculation. I also can't believe that 2020 has ended with me putting so much thought into the relationships and inner workings of the lives of people half way across the world who I've never met but... here we are :)

• Heart

Minxxx

It my experience that facebook groups are mini totalitarian states. The admin invariably e-dictators, who get totally overwhelmed by the power of running their little e-kingdom. Deletions, blocking and speaking in code become de rigueur: Cbomb and Gibbons are no different.

It was always a foolish idea to have two Facebook groups, neither managed by Lalande. Does LOTL ever deign to write messages in the groups, or is it too much work for her? She’s making a massive mistake by letting anyone who is not employed and contracted represent the chateau on social media. Especially BH, who is clearly out to feather her own nest.

• Heart

ChocLili

Right, where have we ended up towards the end of 2020 in this weird collision of old French chateaux, expat Britons and contemporary social media culture?

Chateau Diaries, SJ, LOTLL: our chatelaine has run herself down to the point of hospitalisation. Lalande is heaving with gifts and Patreon funds and continues to crumble despite the pink gravel. Guests and volunteers have largely fled and those who are left are blinking like Norwegian moose on a dark road in the headlights.

Doing it Ourselves, The Trotters, MP, Ryan and a frightened looking chihuahua: Almost everyone, except for Poor Gwendoline and baby Earnest, have their own boring channel. Basmaignee is still dark and moody. Billy continues to show why British television dropped them like an overrated Range Rover onto the expat used car market. The Aga life support system purporting to be a gardener’s cottage is still largely a barn apart from one corner with a half finished kitchen. More gofundme anyone?

And the superfans, Dear Brenda, Karen Cbomb and the war within: Lalande claims the Donegal Dumpster as their own and casts cbomb into the moat. Cbomb is fished out by Ma Trotter and pressed into service for Petherick Promotions.

“Free Gwendoline” indeed.

I’m not sure I’ll be participating in any new Petherick thread as I think it’s all still related to CD (it’s a whole ecosystem) but understand the sentiment and will grit teeth if future Trotter posts here are deemed “off topic”.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

ChocLili

In readiness for new thread summary here’s a first cut at a CD Tattler glossary. Feel free to add any I’ve missed.

CD - The Chateau Diaries
BJJ - Baby Jesus Jeans, aka Philip
PP (Nostril of Lalande) - Prince Philip
LOTL/LOTLL - Lady of the (Lost) Lake, aka Stephanie
SJ - Stephanie Jarvis
Nitti/Nutty - Nati
MP - Michael Petherick
Trotter - any Petherick family reference
Ma Trotter - Sheree Petherick
Dear Brenda/BG - Brenda Gibbons (superfan/Facebook admin) from Donegal Ireland
Karen Cbomb - other superfan/admin, Canada
Donegals - limericks (renamed in honour of Dear Brenda)
Potty - Michael Potts
Agents - Tattlers who find out juicy background info
Chat O (or variations) - Chateau (how Brenda says it)
“BuyMeACoffee” - give me money (no, really, give me money, I really need it)

• Heart
  • Haha

journey

Pno —“No one really seemed that phased over SJ being hospitalized overnight back at the ShatO esp Potty. That guy is as selfish and self involved as SJ and they lasted 10 years?!? Not those vlogs would have been interesting....”

While SJ strained to move the shelving unit to check the heating system, Potts was perfectly comfortable to film and chat with her. She said something that sounded like “I’m not well...” before he was (somewhat) helpful. What a prince. SJ dodged a bullet by not ending up with that potato.

jimbo93

If banter and teasing makes one a Narc, then we are all officially diagnosed with NPD.

Your bar for when a person goes from good humoured ribbing to a malevolent clinical disorder is frighteningly low.

The "how much I love you" comment was her genuine amazement that M had unwittingly created a floral that matched the tablecloth - nothing sinister here

As for her "fishing out the tattiest bows" for M, did you fail to notice the rotten old crèche SJ brought down with joy and excitement? Which she wanted to use pride of place in her own home for her own pleasure? Pray tell which unsuspecting LaLander was this supposed to be a calculated and cruel slight against?

SJ's ever constant theme throughout has been her re-purposing junk - its probably her most consistent character trait so the tatty bow was bang on brand. She see's beauty in tatt hence the mountains of bric and brac around the Chateau and brought home from brocantes - I think that makes her slightly bonkers but not a sociopath.
She is a calculating manipulator, and probably has been from an early age, sitting in that Nursing home wondering how to escape. Bouncing down the corridors at an early age saying hello to the elderly, watching them pass-on, losing people so early, becoming a young florence nighting gale of nursing home socialite, to bring joy to everyones day. Learning to not attach too much because they are on their way out anyway, so keep it surface. And all the while wondering and wishing for the same stately home all to herself. That seed was sown. She then had to develop her persona around that goal, key boyfriends and posh language school, key love of everything posh. But never let anyone get to close, because it would deter her final goal and that is to be the lady of the house. There are no boundaries in this saga. If she was really a professional business woman, she'd be wearing a business outfit and running this place with an iron glove, making sure people are looked after in the right way, minimum wage, push the B&B hire real hotel staff not wannabe pop idols and whimsy artists. And de-clutter, but she's not business orientated, she's theatrical fairy like. That actually could be the downfall of this all. That place needs a proper Hotel manager. I doubt mummy is any good for that, she has her own ways that arent always ethical. So someone someday is going to have to step in and run that place like a manager and she can just float around how she wants. But until then she has to bring all the boys to the yard, even though she doesn't give out. And even if she did there is a pecking order. Potty would be up there in the top 5 and so would BJJ, maybe Selmar, maybe Nick if he wasnt married, definitely Mason, who else, all those australians that came over for a good time. So it's more in her interest to play but not display, that way she gets their power but doesnt have to give in return, okay maybe a bit of cleavage and a silky white lace leg and thigh. But that's it. This is totally orchestrated from a young child sitting in her bedroom playing barbie. Come on don't you see it.

• Heart

Espe

VIP Member
I agree that SJ's wanton spend, spend spend fest is completely out of control and abhorrent in the current world situation. She clearly suffers from some disorder that encourages her to believe that the more she acquires, the happier she will be. This may work for a while but eventually it will become apparent to her that this materialism and need to acquire more and more will not fill whatever gap in her life she is attempting to fill. It is patently obvious that a 45 year old who behaves as she does has a very serious problem. It's not only the compulsive buying addiction but also the need to surround herself with people, most of whom she has very lttle in common with and who are young enough to be her children. That does not seem normal for someone of that age. In addition, there is her need to perform, to be in the limelight and the star of every show with a fawning audience. It's an extremely odd way for a middle aged woman to behave and an odd sort of life to live. Why people should volunteer to work for such an entitled person is beyond me. In my day, "volunteering" meant something completely different.

I can understand someone who can afford it maybe buying a chateau, restoring it and then living a normal life or running a business in it but not with a bunch of strangers and with the amount of excess involved. As someone else said, the fact that she is also raking in loads of money from people entertained by the vlogs, many of whom may well be far less privilged than she is, is disgusting. She may not openly ask for gifts and money but it's very clear that now she's used to getting it, she just craves more and more. Perhaps we should feel sorry for her because she seems to be very disturbed and damaged underneath. Most of us are not qualified to say whether or not she is a narcissist, etc., but it is clear that there is something seriously amiss, and although she may be popular with many viewers at the moment, I am not sure that her reputation will stand up to much scrutiny for very long. She will be the author of her own fate.

• Heart
She is a calculating manipulator, and probably has been from an early age, sitting in that Nursing home wondering how to escape. Bouncing down the corridors at an early age saying hello to the elderly, watching them pass-on, losing people so early, becoming a young florence nighting gale of nursing home socialite, to bring joy to everyones day. Learning to not attach too much because they are on their way out anyway, so keep it surface. And all the while wondering and wishing for the same stately home all to herself. That seed was sown. She then had to develop her persona around that goal, key boyfriends and posh language school, key love of everything posh. But never let anyone get to close, because it would deter her final goal and that is to be the lady of the house. There are no boundaries in this saga. If she was really a professional business woman, she'd be wearing a business outfit and running this place with an iron glove, making sure people are looked after in the right way, minimum wage, push the B&B hire real hotel staff not wannabe pop idols and whimsy artists. And de-clutter, but she's not business orientated, she's theatrical fairy like. That actually could be the downfall of this all. That place needs a proper Hotel manager. I doubt mummy is any good for that, she has her own ways that arent always ethical. So someone someday is going to have to step in and run that place like a manager and she can just float around how she wants. But until then she has to bring all the boys to the yard, even though she doesn't give out. And even if she did there is a pecking order. Potty would be up there in the top 5 and so would BJJ, maybe Selmar, maybe Nick if he wasnt married, definitely Mason, who else, all those australians that came over for a good time. So it's more in her interest to play but not display, that way she gets their power but doesnt have to give in return, okay maybe a bit of cleavage and a silky white lace leg and thigh. But that's it. This is totally orchestrated from a young child sitting in her bedroom playing barbie. Come on don't you see it.
As I read this, I did so in a cross between Marie's baby voice and Mummy's grating one. o_O

In the last few hours I've had a break from my own mommy duties, I've spent a delightful and often laughter-filled time reading this discussion from the very first thread. I really enjoyed following the banter and opinions regarding the characters being discussed. After reading through and trying digest my own thoughts:

1. "Nad Registry" had me laughing so hard that my ribs now hurt. Typos like that are the best, especially when conversation that follows them are equally humorous. Given the sexual tension and seemingly fluid nature many of these people seem to embrace, a Nad Registry is probably a good thing to institute at the front gate (along with a condom machine).

1. The father's artwork and used condom picture is blowing my mind with implications. As a parent, and given the exhibitionism and self-absorbtion of LOTLL, I'm officially disturbed. It's nearly 1:30 am and I'm tired, having difficulty wrapping my thoughts around the layers of this, but I'm not quite sure this is a puzzle I'm mentally prepared to ever assemble. Someone here alluded to LOTLL as quicksand - excellent metaphor, yet I'm still compelled to watch even though I sense the train-wreck, that sinking feeling. Mummy does not have a maternal feeling about her, as if she's chronically displaced from a nurturing connection with her child. Mummy seems more comfortable planting seeds in the garden and barking out her window at those being productive in the courtyard, very much like her daughter. Meanwhile, her daughter is prancing around in dressing gowns, working out her liver by consuming incredible amounts of Gin, dressing up and playing in extravagant and expensive ways, and yet...

2. LOTLL is gifted with an undeniable, effervescent personality that is entertaining and charismatic. Despite her self-centeredness, manipulations and her passive-aggressiveness, she's thoroughly entertaining. She reminds me of that extra-loud guest at a party who commands and thrives on attention the moment they enter the room. She is talented, has excellent creative and personal drive, and seems to have achieved her dream lifestyle that she seems perfectly suited for. I personally would never want her life, or to live in that house, but she seems happy and entertaining enough, which keeps me coming back for more. This is also something I have to think more about - I guess I can chalk this up to a guilty pleasure (or maybe it is a colossal waste of time).

3. LOTLL is also very talented at coaxing out some special qualities in others. MP and the others become even more interesting in her presence. While manipulative and self-serving, she has a gift that's hard to pin-point, a kind of alchemy that elevates those around her by aura alone. This makes watching her interactions with others kind of addicting, and also upsetting, because it's clear that she uses her charisma in ways most decent people would not. Another thing to think deeper on. I do wish she cleaned up the empty rooms - I don't mean decorating, but bare-bones stuff like washing the floors and walls, etc. There's a slovenly aspect to her continual neglect of what "isn't seen" or what's "not put on show" that is also very telling about her priorities, her motivations...I can go on, but it's time for bed.

Thank you all for many hours of thought-provoking and funny entertainment, and for allowing me to be long-winded about it all now. I do see the validity of her hard-work in creating content, and do believe she has many talents, but I still feel slightly dirty and question my contributing to her view counts, if that makes sense.

Goodnight from Chicago.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Hey all,
Thread seems to be getting derailed with pointless fighting and swipes at each other.

if you’re a fan of the chateau stuff don’t read the thread, it’s not a place to defend an influencer or argue on their behalf. It derails the thread and decends into pages of arguments.
Also if you’re not a fan but disagree with a users posts, just respectfully disagree and move on.

there is the option to post in rave or request a rave thread.

Users also have the option to report any comments that need to be reviewed, thanks all 😌

(I know nothing about this lot but I assume people in chateau’s all smell like Jo Malone and don’t argue amongst each other, it’s not very chateau-ish 😐 willing to be wrong 😐 also don’t crush my illusion)

Thanks all! 😌

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21