The Chateau Diaries #6 All I want for Christmas is MORE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
While we are psychoanalysing Derek: he ran a driving school in Framlingham... not sure when but since the internet became a thing, so I'm guessing late 90s? Is this how Gerry got into taxi-ing? Does it matter?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
It's interesting to read everyone's opinions. I have nothing constructive to add, so I won't.

Just to say that today's Oscar vlog was not great, low quality and too chaotic. Not good viewing. And on a side note, what's happened to Mary Poppins? She hasn't been seen or mentioned in ages.

Reactions: 12
It's interesting to read everyone's opinions. I have nothing constructive to add, so I won't.

Just to say that today's Oscar vlog was not great, low quality and too chaotic. Not good viewing. And on a side note, what's happened to Mary Poppins? She hasn't been seen or mentioned in ages.
Lock down rules she can't come to house.

Reactions: 2
While we are psychoanalysing Derek: he ran a driving school in Framlingham... not sure when but since the internet became a thing, so I'm guessing late 90s? Is this how Gerry got into taxi-ing? Does it matter?
It’s what most multi-millionaires do! Not a crack on those who run driving schools. God bless them for turning out good drivers. The Jarvis sudden millions have never made any sense.

Reactions: 9
Attempting to moderate, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
Well ... @jimbo93

Just an observation -
,,,, but you go for the jugular a LOT
Well observed Mojo... but Jimbo is not alone in this... if I may sum up posts from various observations on recent threads, the speculation is that SJ has:

Histrionic Personality Disorder,
Borderline Personality Disorder,
Narcissistic Personality Disorder,
Bulimia Nervosa
and is...
Psychopathic,
Sociopathic
and a victim of childhood sexual abuse or similar trauma by either her father or an inhabitant of the nursing home.

(Have I left anything out?)

Now, even the most enthusiastic character assasin would suggest that this is not only unlikely, but impossible. Some of the above perhaps, but all, no.

A diagnosis incorporating all of these afflictions does not exist, and some are mutually exclusive, e.g. one cannot be a psychopath and sociopath, it is one or the other.

I am pretty sure none of those speculating are Clinical Psychologists, although they may sadly have experienced the (sometimes horendously) unpleasant side effects of being in contact with a person (or persons) with any of the above diagnoses... and this is where it comes full circle when you thought Jimbo might have been jilted by SJ. We all need to be mindful that we are not projecting our hatred of someone who has hurt us, onto SJ. She may be spoilt, and sometimes behave in ways that we do not approve of, but it does not make her Attila the Hun. It also does not make her a tax dodger. Chateaux in France are often cheaper than a one bedroomed city apartment in Europe.

So, whilst I enjoy poking fun at the stupidity and banality of the recent vlogs, including making observations (like Marie repeatedly referring to her mother's attentiveness to her at Christmas - ouch) - I do feel the amateur psychology is becoming a little tiresome. Let's get back to having a few laughs!

Mojo could probably use her Joycean wit to express it better than I do, but that's my tuppence worth (or ha'pence worth)... ;)

Last edited:
Well observed Mojo... but Jimbo is not alone in this... if I may sum up posts from various observations on recent threads, the speculation is that SJ has:

Histrionic Personality Disorder,
Borderline Personality Disorder,
Narcissistic Personality Disorder,
Bulimia Nervosa
and is...
Psychopathic,
Sociopathic
and a victim of childhood sexual abuse or similar trauma by either her father or an inhabitant of the nursing home.

(Have I left anything out?)

Now, even the most enthusiastic character assasin would suggest that this is not only unlikely, but impossible. Some of the above perhaps, but all, no.

A diagnosis incorporating all of these afflictions does not exist, and some are mutually exclusive, e.g. one cannot be a psychopath and sociopath, it is one or the other.

I am pretty sure none of those speculating are Clinical Psychologists, although they may sadly have experienced the (sometimes horendously) unpleasant side effects of being in contact with a person (or persons) with any of the above diagnoses... and this is where it comes full circle when you thought Jimbo might have been jilted by SJ. We all need to be mindful that we are not projecting our hatred of someone who has hurt us, onto SJ. She may be spoilt, and sometimes behave in ways that we do not approve of, but it does not make her Attila the Hun. It also does not make her a tax dodger. Chateaux in France are often cheaper than a one bedroomed city apartment in Europe.

So, whilst I enjoy poking fun at the stupidity and banality of the recent vlogs, including making observations (like Marie repeatedly referring to her mother's attentiveness to her at Christmas - ouch) - I do feel the amateur psychology is becoming a little tiresome. Let's get back to having a few laughs!

Mojo could probably use her Joycean wit to express it better than I do, but that's my tuppence worth (or ha'pence worth)... ;)
You left out
Alcoholic

• Haha
Reactions: 12
On a more trivial note, I'd like to say I just cannot believe the way she lives in her bedroom. For 15 years!!! The walls are sludge coloured, horrible, they look more like raw cement than anything, and (I know it's been mentioned before) that violent pink border is the stuff of nightmares. I know she's mentioned redoing it all, but I am just floored that she did it in the first place. So so so so ugly. That in itself leads me to conclude, beyond doubt, that she is certifiably barking mad.😎

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Ok I'm not implying anything it is just reading fodder, but I am very curious as to the wealth accumulated during SJ's upbringing.

https://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/...-with-friends-to-swap-two-london-a129071.html

View attachment 350041

https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2280418

https://www.caminita.altervista.org/dailyexpress.htm

This last link is a cracker. Enjoy sleuths.
Wow! The article details heartbreaking elder abuse to pay for nursing home owner’s lavish lifestyles. Anything sound familiar??? Really worth the read even if Derek and Isabel were no longer the proprietors.

Below is the mention of SJ’s ‘childhood home above the shop’. I wonder if this is where her obsession for oak paneling began.

“Cransford Hall, a mock Georgian Mansion set in 17 acres near Saxmundham, Suffolk, has an impressive oak-panelled entrance hall. But appearances can be deceptive.

Last October inspectors found poorly trained staff, dirty commodes, and rooms smelling of urine. Residents were washed, dressed and taken to breakfast from 5.45am. Men were shaved in a production-line fashion using just one razor. The proprietors, Kalchand and Nandai Kowlessur, live in the stockbroker belt of Epsom, Surrey. They face losing their registration but are disputing the inspectors' findings.“

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I am loving all the new insights. Lets not forget SJ is a product of her age: growing up in the 80s and 90s (like I did) pre-#metoo and PC enlightenment women were objectified and objectified themselves as a way to get on in the world with no questions asked. SJ seems to have missed all the social changes of the last 2 decades, including environmental consciousness (her excessive air travel/ wasteful use of plastic / welcoming all the unnecessary clutter from Chateau Unwrapped /promoting 100 stars polyester rubbish made in the 3rd world etc) we have all moved on yet she remains in the 90s, hair-flicking, leg-showing, appealing to middle aged men and women but nobody younger.
She seems to have gleaned her way of life from Brideshead Revisited: leisure and hedonism, alcohol, Venice and culture before real life responsibilities.
Her FB page has hundreds of photos public (for now!) Including her kissing a close female friend for MPotts camera. That kind of performance for male titillation went out in the 90s (or at least, for me it did!🤣).

Someone asked me a while back how I think Derek was an alcoholic. I am Irish and can recognise the signs of a child of an alcoholic well enough, I work in that area. Arrested development. Fantasyland. Avoidance of daily mundanities. Narcissism. Attention seeking. It's all been mentioned here already.

I think Derek was a genius. A perfectionist and a messed up man. He studied his own illness, as messed up people do, and went into psychiatry to heal others while healing himself. He had to have a distant, difficult relationship with Isabelle because of this. The obsessive picture painted of him by SJ and Isabelle of this elderly sick man painting and painting so that every room in the chateau would have a painting of his, the minute attention to detail and perfectionism in his artistic style, all point to him being a tricky person to live with. Introverted, sexually deviant, guilt-ridden because of this and the Catholicism, I assume alcohol was in his pattern, or maybe just painting was his escape. I have no doubt Derek had all the charm and ease SJ displays and he was able to make his way in the world as she does, by getting people to do his bidding; which might explain Isabelle's crankiness and frustration that SJ turned out like Derek.

He certainly spared no expense for his princess: the furniture, chandelier, fountain... these are not normal presents from a father to daughter. He furnished her with all the necessities to live his dream. They are a normal middle-class family, there is no grand inheritance. Oxford friends came from money and SJ had to use her charm, femininity and the chateau dream to fit in. Her hoarding and tastes show she is middle class from middle class parents (one with aspirations). She cannot individuate from her father because she was so enmeshed with him she doesn't know who she is. When picking partners she doesn't even choose father figures, rather the good-time younger men who are easy on the eye but wont stay around for long. (Her photos and early vlogs show at least 2 Male partners who are party boys). She will dabble with women but is only ever looking for a better version of herself,such is her narcissism. I think Marie is an on-off partner. Matching green swimsuits and a treetop getaway... Hanni appealed but was too self-confident and too different (I.e. masculine energy) as SJ just really wants to sleep with herself.

I mean her no ill and am a happy patron of her channel but the more she edits and is less "real" the less I want to see, unfortunately.

What say ye to all of this?
yes yes yes yes and yes - with one exception - Hanni was perfection for her: a PAYING guest who was a minion, willing to worship her and do her bidding but yet PAY to stay there - did you not notice HOW MANY TIMES SJ said "she is a paying guest" like she was saying DO NOT think I have her here by choice! right up until Hanni came downstairs all made up and she looked like a KNOCKOUT and poof... she was gone AND she made her MOVE for one night?? um no?? how much has she SPENT? no tell the other people there has been a change and would they take xyz room instead along with this special xyz gift or % off as compensation. How many paying guests did they actually have this year?? AND Hanni went with them to Avignon? who knows who paid for what there - that hotel was sooo pricey - over €500 a night if I remember correctly- I have a feeling Ms.Hanni may have paid to play there to. I dunno - the shine has definitely gone off for me.

Wow! The article details heartbreaking elder abuse to pay for nursing home owner’s lavish lifestyles. Anything sound familiar??? Really worth the read even if Derek and Isabel were no longer the proprietors.

Below is the mention of SJ’s ‘childhood home above the shop’. I wonder if this is where her obsession for oak paneling began.

“Cransford Hall, a mock Georgian Mansion set in 17 acres near Saxmundham, Suffolk, has an impressive oak-panelled entrance hall. But appearances can be deceptive.

Last October inspectors found poorly trained staff, dirty commodes, and rooms smelling of urine. Residents were washed, dressed and taken to breakfast from 5.45am. Men were shaved in a production-line fashion using just one razor. The proprietors, Kalchand and Nandai Kowlessur, live in the stockbroker belt of Epsom, Surrey. They face losing their registration but are disputing the inspectors' findings.“
heartbreaking.... just heartbreaking😢

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 11

Wholeheartedly agree @Incognito Chatelaine - I was beginning to think I'd inadvertently entered a Cod Psychologists' AGM :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
If someone is doubting alcoholism, dont imagine the hollywood version or blue colar version
Lizzy wanted high flying lawyer and she god one half of it:
Many of these are secretive and will be pretend that they want to have a party (with unaware you) so they just dont drink alone
Also dont eat all day (like smokers) just here and there some chocolate or owith coffe

Not saying this bc she is obviously excesively drinking (abviously many do powders and novadays herb ;)) , where i live and basically in my profession there are many many ppl coping with stress or loneliness like this, it took me a while to recognize what is going on and how they try to hide it

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Are we proposing that she is secretly exercising to keep up her muscle tone, or does bulimia just circumvent that? Confused. Doctor?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I wanted to warn you with my indifferent comment but I was sent to the rabbit hole for it too.borderlines come in histrionic version as well, that was my initial option before the GRAB series ;), with BPD there are a mostly abandonment issues present, mood swings, selfharm, past trauma
this will be maybe of an interest to some:

may I present a theory, you know where there were a lot of old folks? in the nursing home, not all Alzheimers are on the death row and maybe someone learned to con them into giving gifts to one cute blond pincessa at a very early age and them it was just natural, felt innocent almost like getting sweets from a grandmother... maybe what we see now she used to do all her life, with patients, father, boyfriends

it sounds to me more like Lizzie moved from lurking to lashing; you know where you can see her true self, in the first vlogs from London with Chanel bag, Chanel (possibly just lookalike but we are getting there) booted outfits going to on a visit to Dior exhibition

actually, he is not employed by her, he is self-employed and also exploited since he shouldn't be working only for one person because then he should be properly employed (have his health insurance and retirement paid) which he is not
in this sense, she couldn't just dictate she has to nicely ask...

now we know how daddy become the gift giver of the year :cool:

it is fascinating how there are people who can pick up on these slight notions, I see that you see my friend

I am yet to see one female friend who is better looking or better in something and at least equally good looking, then we talk
PS: imagine the younger better-looking friend who is self-sufficient/skilled on top (and no, it is not Ruthie...) I want to watch that episode:m
There is one,Oliver's,wife!

Reactions: 3
She is a calculating manipulator, and probably has been from an early age, sitting in that Nursing home wondering how to escape. Bouncing down the corridors at an early age saying hello to the elderly, watching them pass-on, losing people so early, becoming a young florence nighting gale of nursing home socialite, to bring joy to everyones day. Learning to not attach too much because they are on their way out anyway, so keep it surface. And all the while wondering and wishing for the same stately home all to herself. That seed was sown. She then had to develop her persona around that goal, key boyfriends and posh language school, key love of everything posh. But never let anyone get to close, because it would deter her final goal and that is to be the lady of the house. There are no boundaries in this saga. If she was really a professional business woman, she'd be wearing a business outfit and running this place with an iron glove, making sure people are looked after in the right way, minimum wage, push the B&B hire real hotel staff not wannabe pop idols and whimsy artists. And de-clutter, but she's not business orientated, she's theatrical fairy like. That actually could be the downfall of this all. That place needs a proper Hotel manager. I doubt mummy is any good for that, she has her own ways that arent always ethical. So someone someday is going to have to step in and run that place like a manager and she can just float around how she wants. But until then she has to bring all the boys to the yard, even though she doesn't give out. And even if she did there is a pecking order. Potty would be up there in the top 5 and so would BJJ, maybe Selmar, maybe Nick if he wasnt married, definitely Mason, who else, all those australians that came over for a good time. So it's more in her interest to play but not display, that way she gets their power but doesnt have to give in return, okay maybe a bit of cleavage and a silky white lace leg and thigh. But that's it. This is totally orchestrated from a young child sitting in her bedroom playing barbie. Come on don't you see it.
As I read this, I did so in a cross between Marie's baby voice and Mummy's grating one. o_O

In the last few hours I've had a break from my own mommy duties, I've spent a delightful and often laughter-filled time reading this discussion from the very first thread. I really enjoyed following the banter and opinions regarding the characters being discussed. After reading through and trying digest my own thoughts:

1. "Nad Registry" had me laughing so hard that my ribs now hurt. Typos like that are the best, especially when conversation that follows them are equally humorous. Given the sexual tension and seemingly fluid nature many of these people seem to embrace, a Nad Registry is probably a good thing to institute at the front gate (along with a condom machine).

1. The father's artwork and used condom picture is blowing my mind with implications. As a parent, and given the exhibitionism and self-absorbtion of LOTLL, I'm officially disturbed. It's nearly 1:30 am and I'm tired, having difficulty wrapping my thoughts around the layers of this, but I'm not quite sure this is a puzzle I'm mentally prepared to ever assemble. Someone here alluded to LOTLL as quicksand - excellent metaphor, yet I'm still compelled to watch even though I sense the train-wreck, that sinking feeling. Mummy does not have a maternal feeling about her, as if she's chronically displaced from a nurturing connection with her child. Mummy seems more comfortable planting seeds in the garden and barking out her window at those being productive in the courtyard, very much like her daughter. Meanwhile, her daughter is prancing around in dressing gowns, working out her liver by consuming incredible amounts of Gin, dressing up and playing in extravagant and expensive ways, and yet...

2. LOTLL is gifted with an undeniable, effervescent personality that is entertaining and charismatic. Despite her self-centeredness, manipulations and her passive-aggressiveness, she's thoroughly entertaining. She reminds me of that extra-loud guest at a party who commands and thrives on attention the moment they enter the room. She is talented, has excellent creative and personal drive, and seems to have achieved her dream lifestyle that she seems perfectly suited for. I personally would never want her life, or to live in that house, but she seems happy and entertaining enough, which keeps me coming back for more. This is also something I have to think more about - I guess I can chalk this up to a guilty pleasure (or maybe it is a colossal waste of time).

3. LOTLL is also very talented at coaxing out some special qualities in others. MP and the others become even more interesting in her presence. While manipulative and self-serving, she has a gift that's hard to pin-point, a kind of alchemy that elevates those around her by aura alone. This makes watching her interactions with others kind of addicting, and also upsetting, because it's clear that she uses her charisma in ways most decent people would not. Another thing to think deeper on. I do wish she cleaned up the empty rooms - I don't mean decorating, but bare-bones stuff like washing the floors and walls, etc. There's a slovenly aspect to her continual neglect of what "isn't seen" or what's "not put on show" that is also very telling about her priorities, her motivations...I can go on, but it's time for bed.

Thank you all for many hours of thought-provoking and funny entertainment, and for allowing me to be long-winded about it all now. I do see the validity of her hard-work in creating content, and do believe she has many talents, but I still feel slightly dirty and question my contributing to her view counts, if that makes sense.

Goodnight from Chicago.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I've just read a comment made by a fan after the vlog last night - she has suggested a collaboration between One Hundred Stars and SJ's father's art. The mind boggles, but sadly I can see it happening.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.