The Chateau Diaries #6 All I want for Christmas is MORE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nah, I don't buy the bedroom gymnastics theory. She's a tease for sure, but I reckon will only allow a select few into the boudoir. None there at the moment, male, female, or otherwise, are up to scratch.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Nah, I don't buy the bedroom gymnastics theory. She's a tease for sure, but I reckon will only allow a select few into the boudoir. None there at the moment, male, female, or otherwise, are up to scratch.
Maybe her new very expensive hair curler has attachments...o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Wonder if BG has noticed the condom, etc., in DJ's paintings and what she would make of it. Presume the ones she is promoting in her calendar aren't those particular ones. If she has Donegal Catholic friends, they may not be too keen on his art! However, from what we have noticed, Brenda's observational powers are not brilliant!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes, I wish they would stop with the gift grabs at this point. They are just getting way out of hand. How many scraggly tea towels do you need? I think it's very telling that Philip hasn't received anything. I assume no one else likes his behavior either.
They could change it to donations of non-perishable foods and then donate them to local charities and the elderly during Christmas & Lockdown?

I am finding it increasingly difficult to cope with all of the (potential) waste, I am sure there is a mountain of hand knitted hats, scarves and sweaters somewhere in the attic. This is really offensive, particularly when I think of all of the homeless and vulnerable people below the poverty line who would only be too happy to have an extra wool hat or pair of gloves.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
What was Selmar working on to hurt his neck?
Yoga ??

Has nobody thought that maybe it's just plain old bedroom gymnastics? Good sex can be one of the very best ways to keep fit and keep those muscles well toned and the weight off after a certain age. It could explain a lot. A good (or even bad) partner can be like a gym on a stick and I'm sure she gets lots of many and varied opportunities.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I don't think she has that much going on - there would be no time for vlogs 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
As I read this, I did so in a cross between Marie's baby voice and Mummy's grating one. o_O

In the last few hours I've had a break from my own mommy duties, I've spent a delightful and often laughter-filled time reading this discussion from the very first thread. I really enjoyed following the banter and opinions regarding the characters being discussed. After reading through and trying digest my own thoughts:

1. "Nad Registry" had me laughing so hard that my ribs now hurt. Typos like that are the best, especially when conversation that follows them are equally humorous. Given the sexual tension and seemingly fluid nature many of these people seem to embrace, a Nad Registry is probably a good thing to institute at the front gate (along with a condom machine).

1. The father's artwork and used condom picture is blowing my mind with implications. As a parent, and given the exhibitionism and self-absorbtion of LOTLL, I'm officially disturbed. It's nearly 1:30 am and I'm tired, having difficulty wrapping my thoughts around the layers of this, but I'm not quite sure this is a puzzle I'm mentally prepared to ever assemble. Someone here alluded to LOTLL as quicksand - excellent metaphor, yet I'm still compelled to watch even though I sense the train-wreck, that sinking feeling. Mummy does not have a maternal feeling about her, as if she's chronically displaced from a nurturing connection with her child. Mummy seems more comfortable planting seeds in the garden and barking out her window at those being productive in the courtyard, very much like her daughter. Meanwhile, her daughter is prancing around in dressing gowns, working out her liver by consuming incredible amounts of Gin, dressing up and playing in extravagant and expensive ways, and yet...

2. LOTLL is gifted with an undeniable, effervescent personality that is entertaining and charismatic. Despite her self-centeredness, manipulations and her passive-aggressiveness, she's thoroughly entertaining. She reminds me of that extra-loud guest at a party who commands and thrives on attention the moment they enter the room. She is talented, has excellent creative and personal drive, and seems to have achieved her dream lifestyle that she seems perfectly suited for. I personally would never want her life, or to live in that house, but she seems happy and entertaining enough, which keeps me coming back for more. This is also something I have to think more about - I guess I can chalk this up to a guilty pleasure (or maybe it is a colossal waste of time).

3. LOTLL is also very talented at coaxing out some special qualities in others. MP and the others become even more interesting in her presence. While manipulative and self-serving, she has a gift that's hard to pin-point, a kind of alchemy that elevates those around her by aura alone. This makes watching her interactions with others kind of addicting, and also upsetting, because it's clear that she uses her charisma in ways most decent people would not. Another thing to think deeper on. I do wish she cleaned up the empty rooms - I don't mean decorating, but bare-bones stuff like washing the floors and walls, etc. There's a slovenly aspect to her continual neglect of what "isn't seen" or what's "not put on show" that is also very telling about her priorities, her motivations...I can go on, but it's time for bed.

Thank you all for many hours of thought-provoking and funny entertainment, and for allowing me to be long-winded about it all now. I do see the validity of her hard-work in creating content, and do believe she has many talents, but I still feel slightly dirty and question my contributing to her view counts, if that makes sense.

Goodnight from Chicago.
Dear Chicago

You have me me laugh JUST as much as LOLL (is that ho its said?)

However #2.... or lord no... I used to think I wanted to at least visit, however lately all I can think is "isnt anyone else tired? do the guests get to sleep or does everyone have to P.A.R.T.Y all damn night" Lately I have been all for day drinking but... like once a month and then usually I forget I have it because I spot something which needs to be done and I'm off!

Mummy, yes... not much Mommy in mummy.... and the stories about her, she is quite distant and cold - what is up with that?

The lack of attention to anything not seen, yes, yes and yes - this applies to the Shat-tow as well as, I am guess her body and soul.
ciao all

interesting, i've never come across this before. in my experience of other womens bodies they don't have good muscle tone at the top of their thighs unless they work it, cycling regular as transport for instance and especially at her age (even androgynous/rectangular ones)
actually depending on your natural body type this is true - naturally I am freakishly muscular but menopause hits and its watch every calorie you take in - our bodies have evolved to realize that we must survive on the crumbs they give us after we can no longer make babies🤣🤣🤣😜 no but actually it's TRUE- just started it and BOY what a bummer - one day you can eat whatever you want.. next day... you are fighting old lady tummy🤬

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Speaking of muscle tone..

I may call it prancing
But I really miss dancing
Music, gigs and not giving two figs

• Heart
Reactions: 7
interesting, i've never come across this before. in my experience of other womens bodies they don't have good muscle tone at the top of their thighs unless they work it, cycling regular as transport for instance and especially at her age (even androgynous/rectangular ones)
I am a bag of bones and I never exercise, apart from cooking... but I certainly don't eat like SJ.

The constant, unapologetic over-indulgence in chocolates, alcohol and pastries is very Marie Antoinnette (as someone mentioned long ago) but now I really cannot bear it anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
New member here. Hi to all. I was drawn to the unusualness of Lalande life, only now too many things don’t seem to add up for me. For instance, in “Oscar Night” it was mentioned that the wrapping paper profits are going to be destined to frame SJ's father paintings. Fantastic! But… if that is such a meaningful endeavor for her, considering he passed away more than a decade now… how many trips, restaurants, expensive alcohol, etc. etc. has she spent good money on since then? She surely had more than enough resources to frame the paintings many times over by now...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I am a bag of bones and I never exercise, apart from cooking... but I certainly don't eat like SJ.

The constant, unapologetic over-indulgence in chocolates, alcohol and pastries is very Marie Antoinnette (as someone mentioned long ago) but now I really cannot bear it anymore.
But here is the thing, 46 is right about the time as a woman you really DO have to start watching what you eat and exercise 2x as much for 50% of the results - disappointing beyond all belief but there it is. 46, 47 and 49 is about the latest you will get... sucks... hard.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Well observed Mojo... but Jimbo is not alone in this..

.♥♥♥ Hence the observation
I totally got @jimbo93 position and reread his post and understood his position 🌈☎💕

Completely agree -
I’ve scrolled past some jugular comments - thought 💭
WOOF - are you always that ignorant or is it JUST when I’m around ...

Others contributed ......only to derail the thread 🧵 ... clearly we’re closely read ... friend of friends 👬 prehaps ????

Here was the thought I had for those opinions 🌈🌈
♥♥♥
I’m trying my absolute hardest to see things from your perspective, but I just can’t get my head that far up my ass.
♥♥♥
So, whilst I enjoy poking fun at the stupidity and banality of the recent vlogs, including making observations (like Marie repeatedly referring to her mother's attentiveness to her at Christmas - ouch) - I do feel the amateur psychology is becoming a little tiresome. Let's get back to having a few laughs!

🔴⚫⚪

Anyone else observe the double French hair that BJJ copped off LOTL up do !!!
Sans tiara 👸 I’ll give him that

🔴⚫⚪

Mojo could probably use her Joycean wit to express it better than I do, but that's my tuppence worth (or ha'pence worth)... ;)

🥰💕🥰♥♥♥

I’ll quote LOTL .... looking at stars ⭐ from the gutter
Thank duck I landed on my back 🥰⭐🥰♥♥♥

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I wonder how many Patreon accounts is SJ supporting... She tries to detach herself from Lalande as being this edifice that has value for everyone, therefore it is valuable for everyone to perpetuate in time. All the while people are financing her life, not really the chateau...

New member here. Hi to all. I was drawn to the unusualness of Lalande life, only now too many things don’t seem to add up for me. For instance, in “Oscar Night” it was mentioned that the wrapping paper profits are going to be destined to frame SJ's father paintings. Fantastic! But… if that is such a meaningful endeavor for her, considering he passed away more than a decade now… how many trips, restaurants, expensive alcohol, etc. etc. has she spent good money on since then? She surely had more than enough resources to frame the paintings many times over by now...
Very good point! I also find it strange that she shares so much about finances in some aspects; I wouldn't have told anyone how much I'd made. Unless she wants people to think €3000 is a lot of money to her? When her monthly income (from her parents/investments/London rental income) even before Patreon and Youtube was probably above that?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m not being a witch
I think that’s a bit rich
No-ones the leader
We are all just feeder’s
On the Tattle life
To alleviate our strife
It’s not a competition
No-one has to listen
All opinions will be read
Sometimes I do it in bed
I’m here ‘cause covid fear
Has closed life down
And devalued the pound
But, I’d like to think ..
It’s all inclusive and not exclusive

• Heart
Reactions: 12
😂

No, it doesn't fit with his dialogue throughout his paintings. His metaphors are banal.

There could very very easily have been an incident. They have never stated that they kept a female only nursing home (do they even exist?, I've never heard of one). Even if it wasn't a physical interaction, other behaviours can be equally as disturbing for a young girl. Strange behaviours by some of the residents may be more of a factor than has been said for her being sent away so frequently.
other than the females can be easily abusive, the fact that as the mind of the Alzheimer patient declines they have different forms of issues = aggressive range, talking to themselves ...

While we are psychoanalysing Derek: he ran a driving school in Framlingham... not sure when but since the internet became a thing, so I'm guessing late 90s? Is this how Gerry got into taxi-ing? Does it matter?
dear Agents you are all doing superb work :)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So, whilst I enjoy poking fun at the stupidity and banality of the recent vlogs, including making observations (like Marie repeatedly referring to her mother's attentiveness to her at Christmas - ouch) - I do feel the amateur psychology is becoming a little tiresome. Let's get back to having a few laughs!
I'm sorry if I unwittingly brought down the tone of conversation. No offense meant, Tattlers. Perhaps it's because I've entered into the discussion so late, or maybe it's the writer in me, but I find it almost impossible to not sketch out the personalities, the characteristics that make these people into what they've become, how they act, how they display (or seemingly hide), etc. The fact that I've stumbled upon a group of people who also find Le Landers fascinating enough to discuss ... I'm sorry if I got carried away. I'll try to keep my posts lighter in the future.

But here is the thing, 46 is right about the time as a woman you really DO have to start watching what you eat and exercise 2x as much for 50% of the results - disappointing beyond all belief but there it is. 46, 47 and 49 is about the latest you will get... sucks... hard.
47, here. You hit the nail squarely on the head, the suckage is real.

Hello fellow Newbie! I agree, was first captivated by what seemed to be a rags to to riches, Cinderella-ish tone of the narrative first portrayed to the world. I knew nothing about LOTLL, just sensed that she is a fun, quirky personality with creativity and extravagance flowing through her veins. She's made the world and her literal palace her stage, and hit record. I also agree about the inconsistencies. The more I watch, the narrative is no longer consistent. There seem to be plot holes everywhere, unkempt, empty rooms (literally) untouched. tit is actually, really, REALLY weird. It's moved from RomCom to Mystery, in my mind. For all the times she's gone to that resale shop, she'd been able to frame every stationary object in Lalande with Museum quality fixings.

Very good point! I also find it strange that she shares so much about finances in some aspects; I wouldn't have told anyone how much I'd made. Unless she wants people to think €3000 is a lot of money to her? When her monthly income (from her parents/investments/London rental income) even before Patreon and Youtube was probably above that?
This is why I'd attributed the opposite motivation to her disclosure - she states it plainly because it's NOT enough for her, using the tone of that admission to draw in more donations. That's how I looked at it, anyway.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Superfan update . . . war and . . . peace??

After Lalande OFFICIAL endorsement of only the slightly odd Canadian Karen’s fan page (and our musings about whether Dear Brenda, the Donegal Dumpster, was being squeezed out) this pops up. I wonder what was happening behind the FB curtain? Has Chateau de la Lande (Hi Nati) crumbled under super-patron pressure? Or is it just easier to please everyone?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
They could change it to donations of non-perishable foods and then donate them to local charities and the elderly during Christmas & Lockdown?

I am finding it increasingly difficult to cope with all of the (potential) waste, I am sure there is a mountain of hand knitted hats, scarves and sweaters somewhere in the attic. This is really offensive, particularly when I think of all of the homeless and vulnerable people below the poverty line who would only be too happy to have an extra wool hat or pair of gloves.
THIS. They should absolutely take this road going forward.

je ne sais quoi - my cousin has it. People are drawn to her before she even speaks and interacts
Absolutely!

• Heart
I th

it is quite probable that most of them end up at the brocante

• Haha
??? i think it will keep weight down but muscle needs work
She seems to stay in her bedroom a lot, and there often seems to a group in there, too. ;) But all the stairs, the busywork, getting the props for all the parties, going to the chapel, chasing after the Peacocks...I wonder how many steps she (or the other Lalanders) makes in one day? Has a Patron ever asked that question of her? If not, I hope someone does.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.