The Chateau Diaries #6 All I want for Christmas is MORE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting that Mr10% has been shafted for PJJ. The tradition for her and MP, as well explained by SJ in many vlogs, is they buy the tree together and decorate it, together. 19 years. Recent years he arrives @ 22/12. It was his and SJ thing. Now she is directing and he looks lost in his own 10% hone.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
More spend, spend, spend: a ridiculously huge tree, much too large, so it had to be chopped at both ends but the LOTL has to have the best, biggest and most expensive of everything. Stephanie was then telling the men what to do and just had to have her own way about everything. She and PP then had to go and buy over 3,000 new lights because they couldn't find last year's, then more presents to buy for the secret Santa although they packed up loads of stuff yesterday. I do wonder if any of the Patreon money has been spent on these trifles. It's also a shame not to be able to see the actual tree because it is so overloaded with baubles, etc. Why bother to buy an expensive natural tree if you can't see any of the branches? They might as well have another plastic one if they don't want to see the actual tree. Each day she becomes increasingly more annoying. As soon as the lockdown is over, she'll be off on her travels again and people will say she deserves it and it's her own money she's spending but surely she should use some of her own money to improve what is, after all, her own home, rather than letting other people pay for all the necessary work while she spends her private cash on travelling and superficial adornments! When is she going to grow up and take some responsibllity?

Interesting that Ruth has not yet put in an appearance.
Agree. Flabbergasted at a tree with OVER 3,000 lights.... seriously ? Who DOES that ? With so many people back at the chateau couldn’t they all have looked in the attic - where everything is clearly dumped ?

The lost lights are underneath that vast, ever-growing pile of *rap gifts from CATC... to the left of the gardening gloves and in between the the peacock brooches and the stale gingerbread.....

Interesting that Mr10% has been shafted for PJJ. The tradition for her and MP, as well explained by SJ in many vlogs, is they buy the tree together and decorate it, together. 19 years. Recent years he arrives @ 22/12. It was his and SJ thing. Now she is directing and he looks lost in his own 10% hone.
Lost in his 10% home 😂 Harsh but true !

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Has anyone else notice this phrase is the most often uttered at La Lande: "well, I will let you get on with it, I will be back in a bit to see how it's going..." umm why does that work for her? How! does that work for her? I thought only the Queen got to say stuff like that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm not up to speed with the advent Diaries, but have just watched the one with Cat leaving. I reckon the chances of her being back - zero. Sadly. But probably wise for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hello! My first time posting here - did my best to read through all the pages.

1) my guess is UTI because when she cheered Phillip in the stocking vlog it looked like she may have been drinking cranberry juice. I know from experience how awful they can be and when they come on, they come on quick. I hope for her sake that the antibiotics help!

2) I have a sneaking suspicion that Cat and Ryan (from Life of Ryan) may be having a fling of sorts and I've had to come on here to ask if anyone else has picked up on that? Only because Ryan came with Michael Pethrick to LaLande, and then soon after they came back again. Cat was with Stephanie bidding them goodbye in the courtyard for quite awhile if I remember correctly. ALSO Stephanie mentioned when Cat was leaving that Cat was stopping by Chateau de la B to 'visit Michael Pethrick' .... and low and behold Billy just brought Ryan to Chateau de la B to visit before Christmas. So seemingly they are there at the same time? Ryan also mentioned in his latest vlog that he wants to keep some of his life private because he is "dubious and wary" of revealing too much. Which seems smart lol! I for one think they would make a cute couple because they both seem optimistic, positive, down to earth and good natured.

I feel like a gossip and kind of silly for posting that theory lol and I hope it's not an invasion of privacy and obviously it's pure speculation. I also can't believe that 2020 has ended with me putting so much thought into the relationships and inner workings of the lives of people half way across the world who I've never met but... here we are :)

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Ok. Enough is enough. When dear lord, will we be rid of Philip? I tried being patient with just thinking....well, eventually he will leave. But no. What is he doing there? Is he paying rent as a guest? He doesn't seem to have any use but to encourage snotty behavior from Stephanie. It's so disappointing to see.

What I find fascinating about all of this is that initially, it was as if LOTLL encouraged and allowed for everyone else around her to also shine brightly. MP is a great example of this. She has a charisma that is captivating and seems to bring out the bright creativity in others. Now, it's as if she's switched off that switch and flipped on another one that casts new light not only on her but those around her. I genuinely miss the original Stephanie.
I really think it's Philip's weird controll and influence on her. It makes me cringe every time he puts her down.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Ok. Enough is enough. When dear lord, will we be rid of Philip? I tried being patient with just thinking....well, eventually he will leave. But no. What is he doing there? Is he paying rent as a guest? He doesn't seem to have any use but to encourage snotty behavior from Stephanie. It's so disappointing to see.

I really think it's Philip's weird controll and influence on her. It makes me cringe every time he puts her down.
And mind you she is 21 years older than him. So bizarre. And where is Ruth? Is she going to sulk until Christmas Day? It will be interesting to see if LOTL drinks on her antibiotics. God I’m bored that I’m even spending time thinking about this.

• Haha
I am really turned off by the unbridled consumerism of SJ and PJ, the passive-aggressive comments that are not always passive, and the lazy-ass Michael Potts. They haven't had guests for months now, and they are still wandering around doing basically nothing. When I first started watching, I was impressed by the commune aspect of it, but as the months wore on, it began to seem more and more unhealthy and oppressive. The obsessive fan(-atic)s sending stuff from all over the world so that they could see her histrionics over paper napkins, etc. Yuck, yuck, yuck. I have read the posts here and I agree with most of them. There is serious dysfunction happening there and it is just distasteful now, especially with the tree episode today. And the laundry room looks a mess again! Get a grip!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm not up to speed with the advent Diaries, but have just watched the one with Cat leaving. I reckon the chances of her being back - zero. Sadly. But probably wise for her.
Using LaLa Language.."I agree". She was out of there. No leaving anything behind like Marie did.

Did you notice his suit! Everyone else is in jeans and jumpers. I went back to view some videos missing my old love of everything La La. Philip was there for drop off of Isabelle at airport. He seems to do all the driving. Never any workaway/volunteer work. He is either a paid driver/assistant OR is now classified as a resident with some sort of benefits. He could be become Mr 2%.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Did you notice his suit! Everyone else is in jeans and jumpers.
He has developed a penchant for wearing her coats! The black coat he was wearing whilst drifting around the shops today is clearly cut for a woman and buttoned on the left. Just how many tight little suits did he bring with him and how was he planning to spend his volunteer time? His style is quite androgynous and with his long curls, I wonder if he is a cross dresser. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in one of Madame's dresses. Was it PJ who suggested a party where the girls dressed as men and vice versa a little while ago?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Maybe Philip is gay. And if he is, so what? Philip doesn't seem to have the depressive tendencies of Michael Petherick or the self-absorption of Michael Potts. He is certainly preferable to Billy Petherick on every level. I really don't understand why everyone seems to be so down on Philip.

P.S. I like the long curls and androgynous look.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Maybe Philip is gay. And if he is, so what? Philip doesn't seem to have the depressive tendencies of Michael Petherick or the self-absorption of Michael Potts. He is certainly preferable to Billy Petherick on every level. I really don't understand why everyone seems to be so down on Philip.

P.S. I like the long curls and androgynous look.
My humble opinion, given that Philip irritates the heck out of me with all his snorting and agreeing with every damn thing SJ ever says.

Don't care if he is gay or not. Don't care about his hair, but he clearly has a receding hairline so is probably clinging on. Anyone is preferable to Billy P so agree on that. I just find that his only job is being pet poodle, he clearly can't cook (no major crime), and doesn't seem to do much apart from trot after his mistress all the time.
ETA mistress as in owner, nothing, absolutely nothing else implied.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I am not commenting on PJJ sexuality. I have no opinion on such things. In fact i find all the fans commenting on him and Selma distasteful and disrespectful. Imagine if he was a 24 girl and SJ a 45 yo man. I find him insincere in his constant agreeing and just about to say statements. He presents as inauthentic. He was introduced as a workaway but does nothing noticable to contribute and to me is no different to Craicing Brenda in the way he has ingratiated himself into the Chateau with his assumptions of where things will go, what to do and how he spend SJ's money. In patreon video he was in the room whilst the girls were changing. I don't think he is silly either like Marie. He knows exactly what he is doing.

He has developed a penchant for wearing her coats! The black coat he was wearing whilst drifting around the shops today is clearly cut for a woman and buttoned on the left. Just how many tight little suits did he bring with him and how was he planning to spend his volunteer time? His style is quite androgynous and with his long curls, I wonder if he is a cross dresser. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in one of Madame's dresses. Was it PJ who suggested a party where the girls dressed as men and vice versa a little while ago?
No it was a silly fan on one of the vlogs. Selma said no straight away so moronic was the comment.

Reactions: 7
Agree that it’s probably a UTI, and one that got out of hand. Blood test would have been to determine if the infection had spread to the kidneys before she was discharged, so she probably was feeling waaaaaayyyy more poorly than she let on.

Irony in same vlog she was joking about A&E being an hour away when talking about Philip’s probable allergy to bees when they were picking mistletoes. When they returned, Philip was saying she needed to drink a lot of water when they returned in the morning so yeah, UTI.

SJ comment on the mug for Nati made me LOL as a childfree person. On Philip’s comment about them not being sponsored, I do wish they would see that not getting paid in actual cash does not mean they’re not getting paid in kind because it can go quite badly if they don’t track and report to the tax authority if it is part of the requirements (do they have taxes in France for in-kind gifts? I know a few b/vloggers getting in trouble a couple of years ago).

I thought that the lights on the Christmas tree were very, very, VERY extra but turned out beautiful. Just can’t get over the height (of both the tree and Davy) and the constant purchasing.

And the chandelier in ETRF! It turned out okay surprisingly, but still too small a kitchen to move around. On depression being the probable cause of procrastination on M’s DIO channel, I can relate and wish him all the best.

Reactions: 15
I have never heard of doing blood work to determine what antibiotics to take either. And I really felt for BBJ. Very kind of him to drive but to stay all night in the parking lot?!? Why not go home and have someone else fetch the Princess. It takes awhile to be discharged from any hospital. But there is no way a child is going to think that through. SJ is supposed to be an adult and should have sent him back home as soon as she learned it was going to be hours.

No one really seemed that phased over SJ being hospitalized overnight back at the ShatO esp Potty. That guy is as selfish and self involved as SJ and they lasted 10 years?!? Not those vlogs would have been interesting....

His control & influence over her? Think it's the other way around. He's obviously happily basking in sunshine Stephanie's shade. Love of porcelain tick. Love of whiskey tick. Love of tea tick. Love of over the top table settings tick. Basically he's a mini me SJ. And what the holy heck is this blooming hedgehog obsession. So we have Petherick's love of Beatrix Potter and bunnies & now the new fan boy cutesy behaviour like a 5 year old girl. Shop, shop, shop and more shopping. It's sick.

• Heart
  • Haha
His style is quite androgynous and with his long curls, I wonder if he is a cross dresser. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in one of Madame's dresses. Was it PJ who suggested a party where the girls dressed as men and vice versa a little while ago?
I will say that Dutch men very often wear their hair long and have no problem wearing pink, yellow, lilac, or other bright colours. It is one thing that British and American people comment on when visiting The Netherlands, particularly in Summer. So, I think Philip's dress sense should be seen in the context that he is Dutch... his style is quite normal for a trendy young Dutch man; especially close fitting clothes to show off his physique. The Dutch are very proud of their long legs and ectomorphic profile.

And mind you she is 21 years older than him. So bizarre. And where is Ruth? Is she going to sulk until Christmas Day? It will be interesting to see if LOTL drinks on her antibiotics. God I’m bored that I’m even spending time thinking about this.
I'd flipping sulk if I had to share my partner with his old flame & hear her gushing about their shared history every minute. I bet Ruth has gone there under duress. I mean she might have family she'd rather spend time with than schlep back to the schloss & be part of someone's vlog instead of enjoying time with her man?

• Haha
Yes, the whole possessive Michael Potts nonsense is beyond weird. I know Ruth is allegedly an old friend, but she is also the replacement girlfriend/wife, that must be a strange dynamic for them all. And they live permanently elsewhere but SJ squeals 'welcome home' to him which I find odd and unsettling. It's not his home!!! Holiday 10% at best. Clingy or what. I need to swear but shouldn't, just to say it's all f.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Stephanie is writing names on stickers in advertvlog 22: Hash - Selmar- Philip - Davy - Marie - Steph - Dan, Annalise & Family - Dana - Michael - Ruth - Imar - Kim - Walt
Ruth is getting a present. Perhaps she is at Lalaland and doesn't want to be seen in the vlogs, perhaps she is somewhere else.
But as she is on the list in the kitchen for the cleaning as some "Giuliano", she's probably present at Lalaland.
Screenshot (903).png

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.