The Chateau Diaries #6 All I want for Christmas is MORE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Forrest Gump: Mama always said "Life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."

๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ :sleep:๐Ÿ˜‡

1607939903125.png

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Well I will definitely be on the look out for the first victim to come crashing down among the many dozens of friends, family, ex boyfriends, employees and volunteers who choose to return to her again and again, often for decades and bringing their partners and even children into her toxic orbit, despite having successfully escaped her clutches and set up successful lives and relationships for many years and hundreds of miles away from her influence.

Are we to believe that every single one of them is a naรฏve person with no comprehension of what a healthy or unhealthy relationship looks like? Is that likely statistically? There are certainly several people on here confident they can recognise a Narc when they see one, but won't accept that any of the educated, experienced and worldly people in SJ's life is capable of it?

It is often the case that a lot of people find Narcs odd and repellent and steer clear, even if subconsciously. Even the charming ones can have something "off" about them.

The single over-riding feature of any type of Narc is their inability to keep long-term relationships - and this is one of many flies in the ointment for the Narc believers that they cannot explain away.
Dozens of friends? Letโ€™s count SJโ€™s female friends who visit: Brenda Gibbons (we all know she counts SJ as a dear friend!), Dana (they seem to be friends but then again Dana is getting out of a relationship and is stuck in the middle of nowhere), Danโ€™s wife Annalise to cut hair, Ruthie who is less than thrilled to be there, poor Marie who is literally out in the cold, Hanni was a paying guest a la Single White Female, the two naked lady artists, Nicโ€™s Marie who isnโ€™t exactly bringing noontime tea up to LOTL and I canโ€™t think of anyone else. Canโ€™t even remember if Michael Perhrickโ€™s mother got out of the car. Now if I had a friend with a Chateau and there was a plague and she always had lots of wine donโ€™t you think her โ€˜friendsโ€™ would be visiting? Even Oliโ€™s wife would rather stay home. And remember Natti is paid to be there.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I see people being used by someone who wants to live in the lap of luxury by fair means or foul.

@Princess and the Pea be careful you don't get drawn into this
View attachment 346236
Not sure I know what you mean? I'm new to this & thought it was a forum to be a bit sceptical about the la la land. I don't see where I'm doing anything different to others. I am commenting about my perception of how a narcissist operates?

Reactions: 4
Is that you Stephanie!! ? She spends all her life looking at beautiful books & thinks herself to be quite the expert on art, style and fashion. The creche was brought down because she was trying to prove how much she cares about the history of the chateau. IMO it was a clever tool to get Selmar to knock up a new one for her. No way did she really like the woodworm riddled old one. Her cutesy faux excitement about oversized dreadful hand knitted jumpers and gaudy jewellery may have fooled you but it's all for show. See her eyes light up for real when she gets the Spode & expensive presents. I think you just want a fight with someone. She's a narcissist. Get over it and go fight with someone else please.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Touchรฉ ...IS THAT YOU STaePHANIE ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Parrrrerfert ..... how CAN IT NOT BE

FYI since the peacock ๐Ÿฆš diatribe
I now for shits n giggles ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Read ๐Ÿฆš posts with LOTLL dulcid tones reverberate
Including the racuse laughter -

when a DIG is exactly that ....
a dig enounciated in a sneering tone

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ @Princess and the Pea your cocktail ๐Ÿธ darling is still on the bar ... been admired ๐Ÿ˜‰... hope to have one with you real soon ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I messaged Sheila Roper through Etsy to tell her that BG was selling calendars using a print of her painting. She replied saying that BG had asked her for permission and she agreed and assumes BG has also asked the others concerned. I was very surprised. Maybe she had already received a warning as I think someone else said they were contacting Etsy. Wonder if Oliver gave permission! How do such people get away with this?
Thanks for letting us know. Still glad you informed her.
Are you sure of those ages my dear? If so, you have put my mind at rest. I have felt terrible thinking that Selmar was 68 and that when I reach his age I can only dream of looking so good for my age (I am late 40's)...I could not get over his age! Now you say 52, that would seem more right. They were asked in one of these calendars about their ages, did he not say 68? I must get my ears checked. :oops:
I guess he meant born in 1968๐Ÿ˜‚

Reactions: 3
Not sure I know what you mean? I'm new to this & thought it was a forum to be a bit sceptical about the la la land. I don't see where I'm doing anything different to others. I am commenting about my perception of how a narcissist operates?
You are not doing anything wrong or saying anything wrong, just saying be careful not to get drawn into an argument with or at another poster or tattle will ban you. It can easily happen (and has before) because we feel strongly about about our perception of the situation. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿฆ‰

Last edited:
  • Heart
I see people being used by someone who wants to live in the lap of luxury by fair means or foul.
I believe everybody comes voluntarily? Rules are laid out before they come. If you think they're selling themselves cheap, that's another matter, but I don't believe there's a mastermind narcissistic manipulator at work in the Shat-O.

Reactions: 9
You are not doing anything wrong or saying anything wrong, just saying be careful not to get drawn into an argument with or at another poster or tattle will ban you. It can easily happen (and has before) because we feel strongly about about our perception of the situation. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿฆ‰
Thanks. Noted.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Now that you mention that, when Selmar was dressed like Santa Klaus, and he was giving out the presents with a poem. Who do you think wrote the poems...? I'll give you one guess.
I've just found something else here thats very revealing. So Santa Klaus is giving the gifts and says I have also written a nice poem for you. He gives a present to the new girl lets call her MA. Because M is the flower girl. So MA reads her poem and after Cat picks up on two words that don't really rhyme, and gets the camera in her face, and SJ says it was a message from Sinta Klaus, "don't look at BJJ, it was Sinta Claus", and Cat says I wasnt looking at BJJ, I know and looks very worried. So bidding by proxy lets have a look. BJJ wrote the poems, orchestrated by SJ, who then gave them to Selmar to tell the recievers of gifts that he (Sinta Claus) had written them a poem. So double bidding actually if you want to get technical, and she gets to put her info into the poem and have it all tidied up wrapped and ribbonned by two other people, isn't that just spiffingly crafty. Shame Cat must have seen SJ's real face for a second there. Day7 22:18

Last edited:
  • Heart
Dear SJ - we know one of the christmas commune reads this thread. Thankyou for leaving that peacock room for thecAdvent calendars. A suggestion - do you think the advent vlogs might start covering the preperations of the chateau for Christmas at some stage? Here are some suggestions:
- put up decorations in kitchen eg your annual advent calendar over the stove
- practice what external coloured lighting will look like as guests arrive
- ready and warm the guest rooms, include treats from your endless gifts
- clean fireplaces ready for guests
- demonstrate how to make egg nog, mulled wine and irish coffee
- plan a pretend christmas meal paired with wines for several meals over the week, perhaps referencing recipes from throughout the year eg goat man recipes
- make a trifle, gingerbread house, shortbread,
- write the shopping list of food, drink and presents
- dress a pretend christmas meal table - go on - without spode or PP, go on I very dare you
- plan a Christmas music play list for present opening, eating meals to washing up sharing artists from around the world in multiple languages
- write your Christmas La Lande cards
- get everything spit spot from ensuring BBQ and pizza oven ready for Boxing Day tradition, utensils found, silver/gold cutlery polished, rooms dusted and cleaned,
Please just do something to, and for, the Chateau for Christmas.
Thankyou, Rory

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I've just found something else here thats very revealing. So Santa Klaus is giving the gifts and says I have also written a nice poem for you. He gives a present to the new girl lets call her MA. Because M is the flower girl. So MA reads her poem and after Cat picks up on two words that don't really rhyme, and gets the camera in her face, and SJ says it was a message from Sinta Klaus, "don't look at BJJ, it was Sinta Claus", and Cat says I wasnt looking at BJJ, I know and looks very worried. So bidding by proxy lets have a look. BJJ wrote the poems, orchestrated by SJ, who then gave them to Selmar to tell the recievers of gifts that he (Sinta Claus) had written them a poem. So double bidding actually if you want to get technical, and she gets to put her info into the poem and have it all tidied up wrapped and ribbonned by two other people, isn't that just spiffingly crafty. Shame Cat must have seen SJ's real face for a second there. Day7 22:18
Only the poems were written by LOTL, PP and Selmar together in Advent 3, which also included an explanation about the poems, the tradition and why the poetry takes slight digs at the receiver. Over-analysis?

Reactions: 14
Only the poems were written by LOTL, PP and Selmar together in Advent 3, which also included an explanation about the poems, the tradition and why the poetry takes slight digs at the receiver. Over-analysis?
yes totally, thanks

• Heart
  • Haha
Hey all,
Thread seems to be getting derailed with pointless fighting and swipes at each other.

if youโ€™re a fan of the chateau stuff donโ€™t read the thread, itโ€™s not a place to defend an influencer or argue on their behalf. It derails the thread and decends into pages of arguments.
Also if youโ€™re not a fan but disagree with a users posts, just respectfully disagree and move on.

there is the option to post in rave or request a rave thread.

Users also have the option to report any comments that need to be reviewed, thanks all ๐Ÿ˜Œ

(I know nothing about this lot but I assume people in chateauโ€™s all smell like Jo Malone and donโ€™t argue amongst each other, itโ€™s not very chateau-ish ๐Ÿ˜ willing to be wrong ๐Ÿ˜ also donโ€™t crush my illusion)

Thanks all! ๐Ÿ˜Œ

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Thanks for lett
I messaged Sheila Roper through Etsy to tell her that BG was selling calendars using a print of her painting. She replied saying that BG had asked her for permission and she agreed and assumes BG has also asked the others concerned. I was very surprised. Maybe she had already received a warning as I think someone else said they were contacting Etsy. Wonder if Oliver gave permission! How do such people get away with this?
Thanks for letting us know. Still glad you informed her.
Oh good lord, this was spewed up on my youtube feed. Why god, Why!! o_O I was looking for the man who built his house in the redwood trees in Canada.
So, if anyone fancy's watching a woman who probably has self induced type 2 diabetes make cookies on shite oooo wanna be chatelaines channel here you are.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ that does not begin with K. Cheers, I need to try to remember that word. My husband speaks German so he can help with pronunciation.
Yes, life artist is used in the UK but only by people who do nothing productive in life and live on social benefits handouts. Certainly isn't classed as a 'profession' and I doubt it can be used on a passport.
I wonder if German language teachers ever use it in our schools when some kids are doing their head in. ๐Ÿ˜‚
But Kรผnstler does, and I am not aware of any other German word I mentioned here๐Ÿค”

Interesting about women's aging Lolander. Interesting thoughts. We are going through the start of menopause in our house I think, and I must admit I feel like a useless supporter. I am also frightened that my wife will fall neatly into the category of women who do not handle ageing well, as she is used to her looks being great assets. I am not sure if I will cope well with her mourning her looks. She says it is ok for us men to age but not for women, and I guess she means in the eyes of the world, which is not a wrong observation. Does not mean we love to age though. I just find it a waste of time worrying about something we can't change. The alternative is worse. Stephanie appears to not worry much about her looks, she never seems to keep her hair in order, very straight out of bed and with roots. Nati is very pretty, but I don't find her sexy. Stephanie is sexy, that is why I watch :LOL: though at times I find her fairly annoying too.
Tell your wife she is not old as long as she still makes foolish things in life๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Š

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Selmar looks very miserable in the last gift grab; Mandy is clearly uncomfortable; Marie is absent and Cat just about tolerates it. It's only SJ, Nati and PP who seem to enjoy it. I wonder how the people who give really valuable gifts feel when SJ reacts in exactly the same way about the trash as she does about the expensive things. Of course, the trash givers will be delighted but it is clearly a fake reaction. I would suggest that when Nati opens the boxes, she could write a number or symbol to indicate how SJ could respond to each one. Maybe something like this on a scale of 1 to 5:

1. Trashy stuff: paste peacock jewellery; horrendous handknitted sweaters; appalling art, etc: "Soo... pretty, thank you" (meaning: to be cast aside /sent straight to the attic or Emmaus).
2. Of low value, but just about acceptable to someone else: Yorkshire tea; ginger cake; cheaper biscuits; snacks for Diesel and Ruby; tartan items for Gerry; hundredeth pair of gardening gloves/hats; aprons; dubious felt baubles, etc. "I know who will love this"/"Diesel/Gerry/Mummy" will love this, we'll keep this for her/him".
3. Could be useful: millioneth seed packet; Lego for Antoine; multi-coloured scarves; more acceptable artwork/hand made items ; chocolate; better quality biscuits; F & M's tea: "How lovely delicious/we must frame it/keep it for Antoine."
4. Moderately valuable/reasonably attractive: millioneth Spode Italian/Willow pattern items; scraps of Toile de Jouy, coffee table books, etc. "Oh wanderfool/beootifool/so generous/we don't have that one".
5. Very valuable/expensive: couture gowns/Spode fleur de lys items/luxury kitchen equiment/real silver & gold items: "Too, too generous/we will treasure this/I'll never fit into this (other attendees to say "Of course you will"/(Later): How could you possibly know it was my size/would fit me?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Well, I expect that the residents of the nursing homes gave Stephanie little gifts. Older people often love to give, and I expect Stephanie was taught at an early age to show gratitude and to be as charming as possible to the residents. I do feel that she is genuinely showing the same gratitude when people she doesnโ€™t even know send her their precious items from across the globe. Itโ€™s not that she wants more and more tat to arrive - she was well bring up and has impeccable manners. The best gift (IMO) was the case of Champagne ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ

• Heart
Reactions: 9
just saying be careful not to get drawn into an argument with or at another poster or tattle will ban you. It can easily
Sorry but no, that doesn't and hasn't happened.

We're very transparent with our rules and you only get banned if you've had 5 warnings and keep breaking the rules.

Check out the below

Reactions: 7
Unfoe
I personally think the โ€˜letโ€™s build a Snowman, I mean a crรจcheโ€™ was to cue the Gift Grab sheep to start sending the rest of the zoo, kings and town folk. She even made sure to include the measurements since the nativity figurines come in different sizes... girlfriend is no dumb dumb when it comes to getting what she wants.
Unfortunately we will see those only next Christmas. They won't make it till this year's โ˜บ

Last edited:
The most interesting thing in the Sinterklaas episode was what was not said. No poems for Stephanie and Phillip. Why ?

Was a little bit like a family, the parents (Steph+Phil) prepare sth for christmas the kids are not allowed to see. Selmar a little bit on the "parents" side as Sinterklaas and involved in the poem making but had to leave the room for chosing and wrapping his robe and he recieved a poem too like the other "kids".

Found this weird.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.