The Chateau Diaries #6 All I want for Christmas is MORE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If they "voluntarily withdrew" there would at least be a "thank you for the work done thus far" or something. Karen's page is the only website that has been dropped from the list. No one knows the backstage details, but goodness, SJ can be cold as ice.
I would not be so quick to blame SJ here. I used to be a member of that CD group on Facebook moderated by Karen. When I was a newish member, I responded to a thread once with a minor technical violation of the rules, posting a link. I was not the first person in that thread to have done this and all the posts before mine containing links had been approved.

The next time I logged into Facebook, I got a message that my post had been declined. The class move would have been to contact me and say hey newbie this a technical violation and if you do this instead, we'll approve it.

Nope. Just declined with a boilerplate explanation of the technical violation. I thought this was petty and not worth my time so I unsubscribed. I didn't complain to anyone. I had no idea whom to complain to and didn't care enough to bother. I cannot have been the first person or the last to be alienated by moderator treatment in that group. Based on my experience, I think it was the right move to disassociate.

Reactions: 9
It my experience that facebook groups are mini totalitarian states. The admin invariably e-dictators, who get totally overwhelmed by the power of running their little e-kingdom. Deletions, blocking and speaking in code become de rigueur: Cbomb and Gibbons are no different.

It was always a foolish idea to have two Facebook groups, neither managed by Lalande. Does LOTL ever deign to write messages in the groups, or is it too much work for her? She’s making a massive mistake by letting anyone who is not employed and contracted represent the chateau on social media. Especially BH, who is clearly out to feather her own nest.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Thanks for this jimbo93. It makes sense that SJ ended it with Potts, I was assuming that it might have been the other way round. But that may also be why SJ would let him become an owner--you go into business with someone you can control. But what is still unfathomable to me, no matter which one called time on their relationship, is why Ruth would agree to come to the chateau with him for the holidays.
I always thought MP broke it off. I'm sure she stated this. Their life goals are different. He has visited over 80 countries, excels at the weekend break, is obsessed by his hobby of photography. Buying and renovating a chateau was Stephanie's dream not his. He couldn't work from the Chateau. Tooing and froing would not have worked either. She can't just up and go. I think they are very similar. Both leos!

Reactions: 5
Oh it was just so Paaarfact tonight, at least all the minons are happy. The wicked witches' plan is working. Cat is probably sitting in a car stuck at a port in France right now as we speak. It will be another 24hours until any movement across the channel. But hooray for her getting out. MP's girlfriend must think when she closes her eyes at night, they are all bat-tit crazy. She must ask MP quite a few question about this whole ex's story. I know my girlfriend would.
The Channel crossing is only blocked one way! You cannot enter France (or Belgium, or The Netherland) from the UK. You can, however enter the UK from France.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've absolutely loved reading through the last few pages about the feud between the two facebook pages and whose turn it is to be the "official" La Lande page! I've always thought that both Brenda and C-bomb were absolute nut jobs - in fact I think anyone who is a superfan of anyone or anything has to be slightly unhinged. It reminds me of the episode of Alan Partridge where he inadvertently ended up in his superfan's home and the terror on his face when he found an entire room in there as a shrine to himself.

The most ironic thing about this entire facebook page debacle is that our community here on tattle.life is actually far more cohesive and supportive than the so called fan pages where everyone is told to be nice. Yes we've had the odd person flouncing in and out but generally, although we often strongly disagree with each other, we rub along pretty well.

This proves that enforced niceness, arbitrary rules and censorship by jumped-up self-important admins don't work. Viva freedom of speech!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Facebook admins, Cbomb and BG are prepared to enter the Lalande rabbit hole

F96BA969-6505-4E9C-8841-9D241F17B197.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Also to everyone who keeps saying why does Michael Potts' wife Ruth (I still maintain she's his wife) put up with going to La Lande and him seeing his ex etc. I'm pretty sure Ruth and Stephanie were friends before Michael Potts came on the scene so it's actually Ruth going to see her friend as far as I can see.

Reactions: 15
I just don’t get her. I’m sorry I don’t
Join the growing club of similar thinkers ....
I do love how SJ says to 10% investor, 10 year ex, besty MP "Welcome Home". Pre covid he travels all the time, lives in Amsterdam, has a new longterm girlfriend, but hey welcome home. I mean PJJ is practically an owner as well now in the christmas commune, with his we possessive pronoun, spending SJ's money on more Christmas stuff, and deciding where the gifts will go.
Quite ! And how SJ says ‘I’m so glad YOU are here for Christmas... not exactly inclusive of Ruth. Or maybe she’s forgotten Ruth exists :)

Reactions: 8
Also to everyone who keeps saying why does Michael Potts' wife Ruth (I still maintain she's his wife) put up with going to La Lande and him seeing his ex etc. I'm pretty sure Ruth and Stephanie were friends before Michael Potts came on the scene so it's actually Ruth going to see her friend as far as I can see.
Yes on the Oli interview in Patreon they discuss how SJ and Ruth were friends living in the same or at the same college. Met Oli at party, all about 18/19. MP work friend of Oli met post divorce.

Join the growing club of similar thinkers ....

Quite ! And how SJ says ‘I’m so glad YOU are here for Christmas... not exactly inclusive of Ruth. Or maybe she’s forgotten Ruth exists :)
Not exactly inclusive of the new gang of dear friends at the commune/house share.

Man-child Potts doesn’t even know how the oven at the chateau works... He is treated like a king when he shows up, yet he is barely seen lifting a finger when he’s at Lalande. He may brag he’s the co-owner, that’s it. Apart from simply playing around with a camera, and charming his way out of responsibilities like a 16 year old girl.

Reactions: 16
Not exactly inclusive of the new gang of dear friends at the commune/house share.
That's typical SJ behaviour. She's very good at playing different versions of herself, particularly in one on one situations, giving the person the version of herself that they most want.

Reactions: 10
Yes on the Oli interview in Patreon they discuss how SJ and Ruth were friends living in the same or at the same college. Met Oli at party, all about 18/19. MP work friend of Oli met post divorce.

Some are more equal (favoured ?) than others 😉

Reactions: 6
I've never understood the whole MPotts thing either. He seems like rather a dolt. Just hides in the corner waiting for drinks or to show off his photography. I wonder how long it will take before Brenda Gibbons is run off of social media. Seems to me that more and more of us are onto her antics.

Reactions: 9
Dear Stephanie, Isabelle and of course Nati,

The chateau diaries bucolic certainly made me spew vitriolic
Because you made me feel sick in a pandemic
At the end of the day that’s not my way, but one things for sure I will have my say.

You certainly are needy and exceptionally greedy
You just want to live off any old give
When will you learn, that respect is earnt
and bridges are very easily burnt
A show of presence brings more joy than you receiving presents
Well, you can’t re-take, we all know you’re so fake
Raking it in living in original sin
For a little chalet that is a large folly
Where you only stay to drink your bolli
And host B&B just to show willing
That you’re doing work that is fulfilling.

They way you pretend to be everyone’s friend
Well, they’re volunteers and they do have ears
They probably went there with misplaced care
Or drifting through life of escaping strife
Some maybe are lost and being there could cost
them their mind when all they will find
Is you in your tower full of pretension
Some went to help when you gave a little yelp
Lots are performers thinking it’s all just normal
What about the lady
Who saved, saved and saved
So she could give and boy she gave
To a little princess who’s far from the best
You deserve a slap in the face
From us who work hard in the rat race.

You may think I’m jealous but let me assure you
I have plenty of money that I consider to be honey
It sticks to me like glue and I’m certainly not giving to you
I work hard because I enjoy it
It’s private investments and totally independent.

You can look down your nose ‘cause you don’t like my prose
I may express like Dappy but that makes me happy
Try it to beats and move those stiff feet
You could always get your mum to send you a drum.

But to be fair, you can see that I care
About the liars who fry up
Tales of woe just for a show
We know that you read here and react from the feed
What about Shade CNN suddenly grabbing her pen
Because I know someone who lived with Piers Morgan
And your association of not for profit patreon
Only set up when people asked too many questions
And your use of the word folks
Are you yanking my yolk!
The exclusive MM in the top chat is a lurking rat
It’s probably Mason sent there to rinse people
By starting the spin of giving to the fickle
You hustle in a bustle
Shove your boobs in a tube
Pretending it won’t fit, you’re so full of it.

If I ever meet you, I certainly won’t greet you
I will turn my back before I yak
I’ve said it before, I transition and more
I’m like a chameleon
Undermining the wrong I happen upon
I’m sure you’ll spin the affray
And always get your own way
I will wish you good luck, with your vlog that sucks
But remember that karma, is real and exists
And isn’t just something for covid lists.

You’ve gone far this time, walking a thin stretched line
That runs deeper than the moat wrapped in a fur coat
Or the story of the lake that is so fake
You’re hiding the truth, behind a mistake
Yet you’re wielding the lake as a money grabbing rake.

As for the mower, well that was a grower
You should look after your things
instead of lusting after more diamond rings
You should have thought earlier about paying for servants
Dan isn’t stupid, when he was asked to cook gravy
The man was wearing a suit not digging for roots
I’m glad he walked away, probably shaking his head
While Potts had to look at yet another sunset
Much more important then actually seeing to guests
Especially ones who always try their best.

You don’t have a business mind
And I don’t find you kind
If you were a nicer person
I could help teach you the lesson
Of how to make something great
Without using the rake
For an Oxford graduate you seem pretty thick
With morals askew, but that’s nothing new
Life is a party wrapped up in Cartier
But I’m more humble and would rather help people with need
Who live on the streets ‘cause they come from bad seed.

I’ve flicked the switch and ditched the glitch
That invaded my mind with all her kind
You are like a steroid in a small covid void
Playing with minds that can be so fragile
Mine became angry
Others use it as feed to fulfil their need
While you suckle at the breast in a self-created nest, feeding on greed.

I rarely drink because I like to think
I rarely smoke weed to fulfil my needs
I like to joke, dance and laugh
And nurture people to be the best they can be
Just telling you that
So that you can see
I am a woman with integrity.

Well my little shower
I wrote this in a hour
Imagine what I could do
If I really went for you
You’ve upset a lot of people
From up in your crumbling steeple
Your vlog may be global
But people here are noble
And deeply understand
Your vacuous need to be showy and grand
Is churning out a reality that is considerably bland.

So pick up your mule and get on with yule
You’re just an old fool not a lord of misrule.

Merry Christmas!!!
♥
Get outtta me head 😝😝😝😝😝

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Probably some truth but she now goes to some lengths not to be on camera and when she is caught on camera is pulling a face or looks like she needs a hairbrush.

MP is very quiet indeed. Hope he has something major planned for Christmas. He'd better. There will be lots of disappointment if not. I suspect the reconditioned Aga is not back from the UK and the cottage kitchen is not ready. That cottage reno was the one thing MP needed to get right this year. (Rumor has it MP is at Stephanie's, wonder when the big reveal will be?)

Soon there will need to be a separate Doing It Ourselves/Pethericks thread. BTW Billy uploaded a new Pethericks vlog today, showing off an Overfinch-tuned Land Rover which Billy said he bought "temporarily". WTF? For all those who complain about Stephanie's greed (and don't know about Land Rovers), an Overfinch will set you back a 300,000 PLUS Euros! Where is that money coming from? Certainly not YT.
Well if MP, doesn't sort out soon he will be getting complaints.I'm also not impressed he asked for more money,then bought a puppy!They cost well over 1000$.

Reactions: 10
It's all kicking off big time isn't it? Brenda vs C-bomb with Sherrie Petherick stirring the pot and La Lande switching allegiances on a daily basis. You could not make this tit up :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.