The Chateau Diaries #6 All I want for Christmas is MORE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
☎ Red alert 🚨
C bomb 💣 got a late Christmas 🎄 pressie

Now she’s Officially OFFICIALLY
The PREMIER FB for doing it ourselves ...
as of 6 hours ago ......😂😂🙈

Threw out the chestnut 🌰 am now stoking the AGA ... for the pop corn 🌽

FYI seems chat oooo laLande is in vlog shutdown.... breaking house rules ... too many guests

Also any other tattle noticing how many newbies stroking an age olde 🧵.. for some SPIRITED ... Agro .....

Seems tattle is on the money 💰 ...🚨🚨🚨

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Not seen any posts which seem to reflect what you are saying about family life being more valuable than her single life. I watched initially as it was a follow on from Chateau DIY series which was lovely seeing people transforming wrecks into lovely homes. Originally it appeared that was what she was doing. However, what has now happened is that she has seen the chateau as a revenue stream. It is the constant gift giving and the wasteful nature of the place which is jarring. Together with the slightly strange behaviour of a 45 year old woman acting like a Disney princess, being feted by young men who could be her sons & who clearly has problems with her Mummy and Daddy. Profligate spending, wasteful behaviour and clearly no regard for Covid restrictions by having 16 people from all over the place together for Christmas when French advisory is no more than 6. Childishness is not the same as child like.
Need a clapping emoji here!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Another Petherick channel! Free Gwendoline! Sadie's channel so far is 20 minutes of Paris from a car window.

1609089359209.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Ahh chocli I see you with that cartoon. Were you making gravy 21 December? (If you are not from Melbourne Australia this post will not resonate)
I am but a humble 2CV; I do not require gravy nor a dollop of tomato sauce 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The Facebook pages are nuts. I find it frightening that these people walk among us and are allowed to vote. Not one bit of common sense or an independent thought among them. Recently, there was a post where someone suggested that instead of the plates and peacock gifts, people should send monogrammed towels, sheets, miniature toiletries and bathrobes for the B&B! Almost everyone agreed. Expect to see an influx of embroidered linens in forthcoming gift grabs.

Thank goodness for Tattle - a place where less than favourable opinions can be expressed. You get e-lynched for saying anything negative about Queen Steph in those ridiculous groups.
Does anyone remember the vlog where SJ putchased a dressing gown/robe from the second gand shop I think it was pink. Anyways she told mummy it was for B&B , rather yhan have unisex, omni sized, towelling robes, you know bought new and easily laundered, she was going to "collect" all different used ones.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
RE Pethericks Whose child is the grumpy niece? I also have a theory the Christmas dinner in cottage was filmed earlier than 24/25 for the vlog.

Reactions: 6
RE Pethericks Whose child is the grumpy niece? I also have a theory the Christmas dinner in cottage was filmed earlier than 24/25 for the vlog.
She's Sadie's daughter. They are a petulant, sulky bunch. Wonder how long it will be before Ma Trotter launches her You Tube Channel, perhaps "Ma's Very Brief Guide to Etiquette and Good Taste" or "Parasites at the Chateau."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I don’t know if that would be possible given the timeline of Cat’s departure from LaLande, visit to Michael and arrival at home for XMas, she posted on insta stories when she was home.

Reactions: 1
There's something about Michael's mom that rubs me the wrong way. Don't know why, I just get a vibe off of her. That niece is a brat.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There's something about Michael's mom that rubs me the wrong way. Don't know why, I just get a vibe off of her. That niece is a brat.
Someone earlier was taking issue with with using the term ‘grifter’ in relation to the Petherick clan, based on a dictionary definition (post seems to have been removed or deleted). Fair point - I’m going with ‘parasite’ from here on in (thanks @Jeeves)

Reactions: 6
I personally have never known anyone have to go to hospital for a UTI. Then for her to be stuffing croissant & bread down her throat like there was nothing wrong just jarred with me. I've had a UTI, it's painful, but you wait until the morning & go get some antibiotics.
I’ve worked in a busy central London A&E and often had patients of various ages with UTIs

Reactions: 10
Oh goodness. Billy has just posted a video of Michael talking about the kitchen. I guess Billy figured that Michael can garner more sympathy from viewers than he ever could. I smell another Go Fund Me campaign, this time to fund the kitchen reno.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Oh goodness. Billy has just posted a video of Michael talking about the kitchen. I guess Billy figured that Michael can garner more sympathy from viewers than he ever could. I smell another Go Fund Me campaign, this time to fund the kitchen reno.
Perhaps they could try a ransom note for Gwen's release?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
"Free Gwendoline!" gets my vote for the name of a separate Pethericks thread. :)
I have just tried to start a new 'Bloggers' page called 'The Pethericks #1 Free Gwendoline' but it seems I have insufficient privileges. Could someone else try it please, as several have requested a separate place to tattle about the Petherick clan.

Reactions: 5
Right, where have we ended up towards the end of 2020 in this weird collision of old French chateaux, expat Britons and contemporary social media culture?

Chateau Diaries, SJ, LOTLL: our chatelaine has run herself down to the point of hospitalisation. Lalande is heaving with gifts and Patreon funds and continues to crumble despite the pink gravel. Guests and volunteers have largely fled and those who are left are blinking like Norwegian moose on a dark road in the headlights.

Doing it Ourselves, The Trotters, MP, Ryan and a frightened looking chihuahua: Almost everyone, except for Poor Gwendoline and baby Earnest, have their own boring channel. Basmaignee is still dark and moody. Billy continues to show why British television dropped them like an overrated Range Rover onto the expat used car market. The Aga life support system purporting to be a gardener’s cottage is still largely a barn apart from one corner with a half finished kitchen. More gofundme anyone?

And the superfans, Dear Brenda, Karen Cbomb and the war within: Lalande claims the Donegal Dumpster as their own and casts cbomb into the moat. Cbomb is fished out by Ma Trotter and pressed into service for Petherick Promotions.

“Free Gwendoline” indeed.

I’m not sure I’ll be participating in any new Petherick thread as I think it’s all still related to CD (it’s a whole ecosystem) but understand the sentiment and will grit teeth if future Trotter posts here are deemed “off topic”.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.