The Chateau Diaries #6 All I want for Christmas is MORE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In complete agreement . I remember, very early on, in a live vlog , someone donated some money (not sure how much) LOTL barely acknowledged it as she was inundated with people throwing their money at her.

The same person who’d donated then later made a further comment - said something along the lines of

“Look after the money/because with it ...IT TOOK A LONG TIME TO SAVE...”

I recall thinking it sounded like an old person who had probably worked hard and valued every penny ... I wonder if they too have unsubscribed or how they feel to see her squaffing back the champagne and indulging herself with her every whim - including ’spensive hairdriers.
If ever proof were needed that the world is an unfair place, look no further than every single day in the life of LOTL.
I could not agree more, and after watching the most recent Advent vlog, I am filled with a mixture of rage and despair.

I am old and retired, I have worked my entire life, and have not only experienced my fair share of poverty, I have also witnessed good people suffer due to the injustices of this world. My home used to be open to disadvantaged widows for complimentary retreats (not allowed with COVID). It is possible, with a very modest pension, to ensure that they have every comfort. My memory of their sincere appreciation of the most simple gift (e.g. wool gloves) is now juxtaposed by the reckless, shameless and wasteful indulgence displayed on CD.

It was not entirely clear if SJ approved of BJJ purchasing a Christmas tree and (NEW AND EXPENSIVE) decorations to put in a bedroom but it should have been addressed, and certainly not aired; given the current misery endured by so many around the world. I originally thought that the idea was to use what one has, or improve what one has, in an ecologically and economically sound way to celebrate Christmas. However, this recent indulgence is just more than I can bear. I am utterly disgusted.

SJ and her sycophants would do well to remember that "willful waste makes woeful want".

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I could not agree more, and after watching the most recent Advent vlog, I am filled with a mixture of rage and despair.

I am old and retired, I have worked my entire life, and have not only experienced my fair share of poverty, I have also witnessed good people suffer due to the injustices of this world. My home used to be open to disadvantaged widows for complimentary retreats (not allowed with COVID). It is possible, with a very modest pension, to ensure that they have every comfort. My memory of their sincere appreciation of the most simple gift (e.g. wool gloves) is now juxtaposed by the reckless, shameless and wasteful indulgence displayed on CD.

It was not entirely clear if SJ approved of BJJ purchasing a Christmas tree and (NEW AND EXPENSIVE) decorations to put in a bedroom but it should have been addressed, and certainly not aired; given the current misery endured by so many around the world. I originally thought that the idea was to use what one has, or improve what one has, in an ecologically and economically sound way to celebrate Christmas. However, this recent indulgence is just more than I can bear. I am utterly disgusted.

SJ and her sycophants would do well to remember that "willful waste makes woeful want".
Millenials what can you do and SJ is just a puppet master pulling the strings.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Fan shenanigans. The slightly odd Karen ‘cbomb’s’ fan page (the OFFICIAL one) is no longer ‘endorsed’ by the LOTL. Someone asked why and the response from Lalande was “they voluntarily withdrew”; from what I don’t know. Only the venerable Donegal Dear Brenda’s FB page is mentioned by Lalande. LOTL is probably trying to wrestle control back but cbomb jumped first. Hedgehogs fleeing a crumbling chateau?

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I am assuming the advent vlogs were filmed previously and are being metered out appropriately. Tier 4 ( i am purple level) and you are driving to France for a party? I have a mandated curfew, ffs.

Bit tone deaf is an understatement. Global pandemic doesn't exist in a fairy tale world?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
not sure if to post this one, but since so many of you shared your personal experiences, this is mine
I have an old uncle in his 70ties who is taking care of my grandmother in her 90s (we don't put our family in farms) who I cannot see because I am not selfish and I am not going to risk their lives, I live roughly 1000 km away and they have plenty family members around, but I order their vitamins (even protein so my grandma would gain some mass), last week i ordered them shopping for a month, for baking, even Xmas dinner, delivered to their doorsteps so he doesn't have to go anywhere (I am grateful that I am able to do so even from here)
yesterday I bought another set of masks for them
I havent seen the baby of my best friend yet - its been a year, so the little I could do, I sent them a beautiful rocking horse and we cried over the phone, not because she cannot afford to buy one herself, she has way better closet than SJ, but because it means something
I have bags of gifts for my family but I cannot go for xmas because of workload and hard lockdown, I am not bitching out it, just keep on doing what needs to be done
list goes on
the money and possessions are just a vehicle for something greater than feeding ones ego or to fill the hole of nonexistent soul

sharing is caring my friends
Superb on every level. Love what you wrote - and that you appreciate you’re lucky to be able to do what you can. In a similar position here.... but at the end of the day it means little unless we underline our actions with heart and soul. Sharing Is Caring . Except when it comes to Covid. Love your thinking and your actions 👏👏👏👏

Watched the non advents vids apparently skipped some 🤭

Pp of Lande nostril 👃 is now finishing HIS royal weeeeee MRS JONES sentence......

🤡 24 .... with mommy issues

Wearing a suit precludes him from house boy work ...
he’s not that slow a learner 🤫
clearly wearing his romper dungarees should indicate he’s available for scrubber duty 🤮🤮🤮

🤯🤯 cult of laLOCO landers 🤥🤥

Thought 💭 I’d seen some shite in my day - but the Victorian orphan - pulling off this horrendous crap 💩 the smirking on LOTLL and Lucifer ...Marie

HOW is it possible she got Selmar ( electric must be costly in the camper - for him to wear the nighty) to take part ....🤬

Advent 2020 - total WIPEOUT

Taking the proverbial piss -
proving Its LOLL needs M Petherick
Hence his 210 k subscribers

Totally proving LESS videos is MORE

FYI if selmars neck is acting up

- why hasent the chatelaine put him in a WARM room - mummy’s apt is empty !!!!!!

🧝‍♀️🧝‍ Escape from laLande 🧝‍♀️🧝‍♀️

Maby we should get cat an escape fund
On go fund me

Seriously needs to get that car 🚘 fixed
And run 🏃‍♀️
Good smirk spot 👏👏👏

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Tbf I drive an Overfinch RR and it cost nowhere near €300,000. That being said, I find it bizzare that they drive luxury vehicles while their family member is busy ebegging to restore a property that they own.
Can you please tell me where I can get it for the price you mentioned, haven't finished my christmas shopping yet 🤩.
Screenshot (880).png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7

So happy to know there are people out there ... sharers who may not have a lot but show a generosity of spirit & give what they can.

I was also enraged when I saw BJJ come back into the chateau with MORE tatt and ANOTHER tree. No such thing as an eco approach for Christmas, despite the fact that SJ drones on about ‘using what they have’ . If she was my daughter I would be embarrassed that she is not only leading such a vacuous life but also squandering money (and not just hers) on tacky trash, when she already has so much & has been sent even more STUFF AND further decorations. She is almost drowning in possessions.

I have only one question ...’when will ENOUGH ever be ENOUGH for LOTL ?’

• Heart
Reactions: 16
So happy to know there are people out there ... sharers who may not have a lot but show a generosity of spirit & give what they can.

I was also enraged when I saw BJJ come back into the chateau with MORE tatt and ANOTHER tree. No such thing as an eco approach for Christmas, despite the fact that SJ drones on about ‘using what they have’ . If she was my daughter I would be embarrassed that she is not only leading such a vacuous life but also squandering money (and not just hers) on tacky trash, when she already has so much & has been sent even more STUFF AND further decorations. She is almost drowning in possessions.

I have only one question ...’when will ENOUGH ever be ENOUGH for LOTL ?’
I don't there will ever be enough. It is a validation for her like a child who is constantly being given sweeties. Each of those baubles were at least a couple of pounds each & looking at how many there were probably about £100 spent on them alone, plus the hedgehog & the tree, so probably about £130 at least. I volunteered last year at Christmas lunch for homeless, lonely or poorer folk. Cheap Christmas crackers & thermal hats, socks, gloves as gifts. Food stashed in backpacks & sweets stuffed in pockets for later. It was very humbling. This year they will have only a takeaway because of Covid. I guess I am getting cross at the excess at Lala lande in this time when so many people are struggling because of Covid & in the UK because of Brexit too. The amounts that they say the gift giving channel appeased me for a while, but it seems to me that enough is enough with that one & that in the New Year they should ditch it & either set up a charitable fund (which could be monitored) and ask people to give to that instead of sending stuff to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't there will ever be enough. It is a validation for her like a child who is constantly being given sweeties. Each of those baubles were at least a couple of pounds each & looking at how many there were probably about £100 spent on them alone, plus the hedgehog & the tree, so probably about £130 at least. I volunteered last year at Christmas lunch for homeless, lonely or poorer folk. Cheap Christmas crackers & thermal hats, socks, gloves as gifts. Food stashed in backpacks & sweets stuffed in pockets for later. It was very humbling. This year they will have only a takeaway because of Covid. I guess I am getting cross at the excess at Lala lande in this time when so many people are struggling because of Covid & in the UK because of Brexit too. The amounts that they say the gift giving channel appeased me for a while, but it seems to me that enough is enough with that one & that in the New Year they should ditch it & either set up a charitable fund (which could be monitored) and ask people to give to that instead of sending stuff to them.
I'm wondering if maybe SJ got an obsession for things and status from being the young carers daughter in a place that looked after old folk. I would imagine back then, that in order to be a resident in a stately home it was probably only for the more fortunate of clients. She must have envied those old ladies and men with their priceless belongings. Did you know that those kids drawings that were shown in a few posts back, did you know that all the numbers actually correspond to banking and how much return on investment and the like. It's even written on one of the pictures it says bank. On the other it says 1000p and 25% and 50% she was already scheming at a very early age.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

That was a very kind thing you did (and hopefully will be able to resume doing) for your community.

I agree that the ecological waste is unbearable, suspect quite a lot of baubles and other Christmas decorations up in the attic and various spaces, and probably the gifts as well. Are they stuck for ideas? I’m sure the fans will be more than happy to just follow SJ around the chateau and surrounding lands too.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Fan shenanigans. The slightly odd Karen ‘cbomb’s’ fan page (the OFFICIAL one) is no longer ‘endorsed’ by the LOTL. Someone asked why and the response from Lalande was “they voluntarily withdrew”; from what I don’t know. Only the venerable Donegal Dear Brenda’s FB page is mentioned by Lalande. LOTL is probably trying to wrestle control back but cbomb jumped first. Hedgehogs fleeing a crumbling chateau?
🧝‍♀️🧝‍♀️ The truth is out there 🧝‍♀️🧝‍♀️

Methinks donegal brenda knows where the bones 🦴 are buried ......
Winter 🥶 is coming to Lala lander-FELT
The walkers are among us ......
At this rate - crossing the narrow sea 🌊 might not happen in 2021 due to covid

Pray those patrons can stay onboard 🎄⭐🧝‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Can you please tell me where I can get it for the price you mentioned, haven't finished my christmas shopping yet 🤩.
View attachment 355266
Ohhh that’s a beauty. Buying brand new cars is a fool’s game. Even if they are Overfinch customs. Mine was purchased used at a bargain price by my resident Yorkshireman. The Petherick’s one is 15/16 years old and will have cost much less than 10k. Here is a newer one on eBay for 9k.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I agree that SJ's wanton spend, spend spend fest is completely out of control and abhorrent in the current world situation. She clearly suffers from some disorder that encourages her to believe that the more she acquires, the happier she will be. This may work for a while but eventually it will become apparent to her that this materialism and need to acquire more and more will not fill whatever gap in her life she is attempting to fill. It is patently obvious that a 45 year old who behaves as she does has a very serious problem. It's not only the compulsive buying addiction but also the need to surround herself with people, most of whom she has very lttle in common with and who are young enough to be her children. That does not seem normal for someone of that age. In addition, there is her need to perform, to be in the limelight and the star of every show with a fawning audience. It's an extremely odd way for a middle aged woman to behave and an odd sort of life to live. Why people should volunteer to work for such an entitled person is beyond me. In my day, "volunteering" meant something completely different.

I can understand someone who can afford it maybe buying a chateau, restoring it and then living a normal life or running a business in it but not with a bunch of strangers and with the amount of excess involved. As someone else said, the fact that she is also raking in loads of money from people entertained by the vlogs, many of whom may well be far less privilged than she is, is disgusting. She may not openly ask for gifts and money but it's very clear that now she's used to getting it, she just craves more and more. Perhaps we should feel sorry for her because she seems to be very disturbed and damaged underneath. Most of us are not qualified to say whether or not she is a narcissist, etc., but it is clear that there is something seriously amiss, and although she may be popular with many viewers at the moment, I am not sure that her reputation will stand up to much scrutiny for very long. She will be the author of her own fate.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Ohhh that’s a beauty. Buying brand new cars is a fool’s game. Even if they are Overfinch customs. Mine was purchased used at a bargain price by my resident Yorkshireman. The Petherick’s one is 15/16 years old and will have cost much less than 10k. Here is a newer one on eBay for 9k.
More like Overpriced 🤣

Reactions: 4
I'm wondering if maybe SJ got an obsession for things and status from being the young carers daughter in a place that looked after old folk. I would imagine back then, that in order to be a resident in a stately home it was probably only for the more fortunate of clients. She must have envied those old ladies and men with their priceless belongings. Did you know that those kids drawings that were shown in a few posts back, did you know that all the numbers actually correspond to banking and how much return on investment and the like. It's even written on one of the pictures it says bank. On the other it says 1000p and 25% and 50% she was already scheming at a very early age.
My mum was a residential social worker in a council run care home a while back. She was able to retire at 55 but got bored and went to do a bit of part time work in a private care home & because she'd been a nurse before then she was able to be left to be in charge quite a lot. She gave it up fairly soon as she said they owners were so stingy with the residents. Literally counting out how many biscuits they could have each & using the cheapest food ever. When is see 'mummy' folding up the wrapping paper to keep & getting cross about food waste etc it rings true to me that she was the money woman behind the business. Obsession with the pennies, reflected in SJ's childhood drawing shown the other day. So, I am guessing Daddy was the indulgent spoiling parent (hence why he's on the pedestal) and money was the controlling one. Definitely makes for a narcissistic adult.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.