The Chateau Diaries #6 All I want for Christmas is MORE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think SJ kicked MP to the curb. I think he has withdrawn due to his depressive tendencies.
Agree. I do wonder if he would be better at La Lande as part of something. He kick starter Stephanie's success, his art is part of Angel and Dick's shat-oo shop and show, and Philip's clearly leveraging some MP2 I love porcelein vibe. I feel very sorry for him. He seems able to inspire or have ideas but not a completer. PS Billy - bad vibes re him. Off adventuring with Louder & Annoying leaves Gwen at home.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I agree about Michael being overwhelmed and depressed but I am not happy about the begging bowl. He has clearly got in too deep and does not know how to get out of it. What is more, he does not have the wisdom or experience to own it...

Agree. I do wonder if he would be better at La Lande as part of something. He kick starter Stephanie's success, his art is part of Angel and Dick's shat-oo shop and show, and Philip's clearly leveraging some MP2 I love porcelein vibe. I feel very sorry for him. He seems able to inspire or have ideas but not a completer. PS Billy - bad vibes re him. Off adventuring with Louder & Annoying leaves Gwen at home.
Maybe MP and BJJ should get together, they'd make a great couple

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I am not entirely sure what to make of the Pethericks. MP has suffered from depression in the past; he has said so. Not an uncommon problem in someone with MP's talent and creativity and MP has bucketloads of both. Perhaps MP is scared of his YT success, maybe there is some self-sabotage going on too. But when the mask drops a little, MP can be bitchy. He is also a bit cutting with Ryan.

Papa Petherick is amazing. He has put in a lot of work on those cottage renovations, impressive even for a man half his age. I don't know enough about Sherrie or the sisters to have an opinion.

Billy does not come across as particularly nice person. He does and says crude things on Ryan's vlogs, see the leaf blower episode. He is also mocking and sarcastic to Ryan. Billy also made some comment about "don't get married" on a recent Chateau Life vlog. (Not sure whether that was in jest or not, but Phil stammered a bit; Phil clearly loves Angelina.) Billy then admitted that he and Gwendoline are not yet married. Billy's comment came across as particularly crappy especially as the entire Petherick clan seem to be living on the estate courtesy of Gwendoline and her inheritance. Not smart to bite the hand that feeds and puts a chateau roof over your head besides. Does Billy really love Gwendoline or is he using her? I suspect her family wonders the same thing. Smart of her to stay out of the vlog world as much as she can.
I picked up the rudeness a while back.Not keen on the attitude!

Reactions: 9
A comment on the Lalande FB page ripe for ‘deletion’.
⭐🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

Oddly I hear a tune whilst reading 📖 this
.....I can see clearly now the rain ☔
Has gone ..........

Amazing how so many can see How behind every fairytale..... is the cold stark reality 😏

Methinks the wheels on the 🚌 are deflated

Once again, lots of words, no real explanations!
🤮🤮 the level of mind altering arrogance on display from these super fans !!!!
Beggars belief .....😮🙅🏼‍♂️
Whilst I navigate us through these waters

A fan
A superfan - with minions
With no fiscal skin in the game .....
Clearly running on low par mental capacity ....

You would swear there has been a reading off the will ......
and Karen as main carer and sole inheritance
Has been cruely been written out 🙅‍♀️

It’s facebook - take a chill pill 💊

I think you’re right, that IS Yvonne, SJ’s supposed virtual-assistant. This is doing my little head in!

On that note, back in August our LOTLL posted this while announcing Yvonne’s ‘appointment’. My favourite line? “Transparency is very important to me and it’s an integral part of the ethos of Lalande”. Ba ha ha ha!!!
Can I also take this opportunity to point out

LOTL was finished attending to media as blogging 5 vids of the restoration- was taking up to much time

🦹🏼‍♀️ What we actually got was 5 videos - showing a gift grab .... 🧞‍♀️
with little to ZERO restoration of anything 🤦‍♀️

The volunteer could have of cleared and cleaned the attics ,,,,,,

Construction 🚧 was not closed down
Why weren’t the roofs insulated....
There are grants available in addition to the quarter of a million now in the patron account

Methinks once lockdown lifted
- LOTL will be on an extended vacation-

Live concerts to adoring fans ..... how I survived covid ... in a chat 000000 🙆‍♀️🤮

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Linus asks why Yvonne ‘liked‘ the message of support for Karen. I think that there is very little love lost between Yvonne and Brenda. I remember several months ago someone asked about becoming a ‘workaway’ on the Facebook page. Yvonne very nicely told them that Lalande was no longer using that scheme and for them to apply to Nattie directly. Brenda then jumped in and contradicted Yvonne (she obviously didn’t know of Yvonne’s role) and there was a lot of argy bargy and you could tell Brenda was incensed that no one had deemed her important enough to keep her informed of the changes to the volunteer applications or about Yvonne’s appointment. Yvonne seems to be very nice, very patient and genuinely interested in helping Lalande, /SJ. Brenda on the other hand is just out for what she can get, and I think it was shortly after that she started the Facebook page for followers of Lalande?

Reactions: 18
I honestly think it's an ego thing between Brenda and C-bomb. They both wanted to be Stephanie's number 1 fan and they were constantly jostling for position on who got the La Lande announcements first, who was "official", who was closest to people in the chateau etc. I actually don't think Stephanie could have found two more bonkers people to represent La Lande on facebook if she'd run a competition and asked for nominations. It was always going to end in tears.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
My first thought was a UTI—horribly painful enough to warrant an urgent care visit in the middle of the night (in my own experience anyway)
I was just about to post the same thing.

I was just about to post the same thing.
I also thought that perhaps PJJ speaks french which may have helped if she was passed out.

Reactions: 8
That is the effect of depression - inability to complete one's own projects. It can also cause terrible fatigue, I actually think he might be so emotionally exhausted and drained that is has all become too much for him. Moreover, who knows the full reason for his e-begging - given that his brother is a complete and utter hole - it might have something to do with fraternal pressure? Perhaps Billy has given him some kind of ultimatum, such as, chip-in or you're out? It is already patently obvious how greedy and immorral Billy can be... :unsure:

Reactions: 11
I felt sorry for Stephanie ending up in hospital but it looks like she doesn't take care of herself very well. No exercise, fresh air or sunlight, she is definitely low in Vitamin D. Too much alcohol, dubious diet and you have a ripe breeding ground for any infections.

Can someone explain why all the newcomers (Potts, Davy etc) aren't wearing masks? Did Lalande address this in a video anywhere? Seems to be very disrespectful to the rest of the world when we are all taking precautions to be safe.

Reactions: 15
I felt sorry for Stephanie ending up in hospital but it looks like she doesn't take care of herself very well. No exercise, fresh air or sunlight, she is definitely low in Vitamin D. Too much alcohol, dubious diet and you have a ripe breeding ground for any infections.

Can someone explain why all the newcomers (Potts, Davy etc) aren't wearing masks? Did Lalande address this in a video anywhere? Seems to be very disrespectful to the rest of the world when we are all taking precautions to be safe.
I believe she addressed this in an earlier vlog. They have all, allegedly had a Covid test.

Reactions: 2
I honestly think it's an ego thing between Brenda and C-bomb. They both wanted to be Stephanie's number 1 fan and they were constantly jostling for position on who got the La Lande announcements first, who was "official", who was closest to people in the chateau etc. I actually don't think Stephanie could have found two more bonkers people to represent La Lande on facebook if she'd run a competition and asked for nominations. It was always going to end in tears.
isnt this just ridiculous, from every angle i am looking at it, I just cannot take this seriously (not even comparing to the world events, just on the personal level - one fat joke)

• Heart
isnt this just ridiculous, from every angle i am looking at it, I just cannot take this seriously (not even comparing to the world events, just on the personal level - one fat joke)
A Canadian, Irishwoman, Brit, Argentinian and two Dutchmen walk into a bar in France . . .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Agree with you there and, as I mentioned some time ago, I am surprised that her mother does not intervene in some way. Isabelle, even at her age, is active in the outdoors, is regularly seen munching on berries and other goodness from the garden, and appears to be rather sober; compared to her daughter. I also think that the pressure to continue producing vlogs is taking its toll.

• Heart
Gerry was advertising SJ was going to be on UK tv channel 4 i think that is sky. I wish she would hire or find a social media/PR expert to ensure she has some longevity and her/ Nic's/& Mr 10% 's intetests are protected. They could start with reading the copywrite book someone gifted. This situation could really blow up. Look at what people on this thread have found out/suggested with info in the public domain. Surely Ruthie has contacts with her background at Daily Mail.

Reactions: 8
Gerry was advertising SJ was going to be on UK tv channel 4 i think that is sky. I wish she would hire or find a social media/PR expert to ensure she has some longevity and her/ Nic's/& Mr 10% 's intetests are protected. They could start with reading the copywrite book someone gifted. This situation could really blow up. Look at what people on this thread have found out/suggested with info in the public domain. Surely Ruthie has contacts with her background at Daily Mail.
It was just an old rerun of Escape to the Chateau DIY on Channel 4...

Reactions: 4
Agree with you there and, as I mentioned some time ago, I am surprised that her mother does not intervene in some way. Isabelle, even at her age, is active in the outdoors, is regularly seen munching on berries and other goodness from the garden, and appears to be rather sober; compared to her daughter. I also think that the pressure to continue producing vlogs is taking its toll.
I think maybe SJ has picked up some bad habits and maybe even bad genes from her father notably the bottle. It is a pity, more people die from alcohol than anything else in the world.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.