The Chateau Diaries #6 All I want for Christmas is MORE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am not entirely sure what to make of the Pethericks. MP has suffered from depression in the past; he has said so. Not an uncommon problem in someone with MP's talent and creativity and MP has bucketloads of both. Perhaps MP is scared of his YT success, maybe there is some self-sabotage going on too. But when the mask drops a little, MP can be bitchy. He is also a bit cutting with Ryan.

Papa Petherick is amazing. He has put in a lot of work on those cottage renovations, impressive even for a man half his age. I don't know enough about Sherrie or the sisters to have an opinion.

Billy does not come across as particularly nice person. He does and says crude things on Ryan's vlogs, see the leaf blower episode. He is also mocking and sarcastic to Ryan. Billy also made some comment about "don't get married" on a recent Chateau Life vlog. (Not sure whether that was in jest or not, but Phil stammered a bit; Phil clearly loves Angelina.) Billy then admitted that he and Gwendoline are not yet married. Billy's comment came across as particularly crappy especially as the entire Petherick clan seem to be living on the estate courtesy of Gwendoline and her inheritance. Not smart to bite the hand that feeds and puts a chateau roof over your head besides. Does Billy really love Gwendoline or is he using her? I suspect her family wonders the same thing. Smart of her to stay out of the vlog world as much as she can.
I think Michael quit drinking for a little while. A dry December. As for Phil and Angelina, they appear to loathe each other and Billy seems happy to encourage it.

Reactions: 9
Why the F*ck is The Trotters story coming on to this thread, I don't care about them, can we just keep it to one subject.
Because if you know they are the Trotters you will know that they have been very much a part of this thread and we were trying to create a new thread for them. Suggestions welcome...

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What 'infection' did she have that necessitated a hospital admission?
I have never heard of doing blood work to determine what antibiotics to take either. And I really felt for BBJ. Very kind of him to drive but to stay all night in the parking lot?!? Why not go home and have someone else fetch the Princess. It takes awhile to be discharged from any hospital. But there is no way a child is going to think that through. SJ is supposed to be an adult and should have sent him back home as soon as she learned it was going to be hours.

I was just about to post the same thing.

I also thought that perhaps PJJ speaks french which may have helped if she was passed out.
No one really seemed that phased over SJ being hospitalized overnight back at the ShatO esp Potty. That guy is as selfish and self involved as SJ and they lasted 10 years?!? Not those vlogs would have been interesting....

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have never heard of doing blood work to determine what antibiotics to take either. And I really felt for BBJ. Very kind of him to drive but to stay all night in the parking lot?!? Why not go home and have someone else fetch the Princess. It takes awhile to be discharged from any hospital. But there is no way a child is going to think that through. SJ is supposed to be an adult and should have sent him back home as soon as she learned it was going to be hours.

No one really seemed that phased over SJ being hospitalized overnight back at the ShatO esp Potty. That guy is as selfish and self involved as SJ and they lasted 10 years?!? Not those vlogs would have been interesting....
Drove an hour to A&E in France once and dispatched home. As soon as we walked in the door, summoned back. Four hours on the road in total. Safer for him to stay in car and sleep.

Reactions: 5
I honestly think it's an ego thing between Brenda and C-bomb. They both wanted to be Stephanie's number 1 fan and they were constantly jostling for position on who got the La Lande announcements first, who was "official", who was closest to people in the chateau etc. I actually don't think Stephanie could have found two more bonkers people to represent La Lande on facebook if she'd run a competition and asked for nominations. It was always going to end in tears.
Yes,I agree,one goes,on,n,on,n,on!The other just slightly worrying!

Reactions: 3
Word salad from Dear Brenda, the Donegal Demolition Diva. I think this is supposed to be a ‘victory lap’, reinforcing the win in the recent War of the Admins. And every posted comment is gushing and positive - heavy moderation evident to me. She is a real piece of work.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Pno —“No one really seemed that phased over SJ being hospitalized overnight back at the ShatO esp Potty. That guy is as selfish and self involved as SJ and they lasted 10 years?!? Not those vlogs would have been interesting....”

While SJ strained to move the shelving unit to check the heating system, Potts was perfectly comfortable to film and chat with her. She said something that sounded like “I’m not well...” before he was (somewhat) helpful. What a prince. SJ dodged a bullet by not ending up with that potato.

Reactions: 22
Word salad from Dear Brenda, the Donegal Demolition Diva. I think this is supposed to be a ‘victory lap’, reinforcing the win in the recent War of the Admins. And every posted comment is gushing and positive - heavy moderation evident to me. She is a real piece of work.
Tl;dr CRaiC
Tf is craic anyway?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Piece of work doesn't even begin to describe Brenda. What a hell bent nut job, more like it.

Reactions: 8
Thanks for this jimbo93. It makes sense that SJ ended it with Potts, I was assuming that it might have been the other way round. But that may also be why SJ would let him become an owner--you go into business with someone you can control. But what is still unfathomable to me, no matter which one called time on their relationship, is why Ruth would agree to come to the chateau with him for the holidays.
And every Christmas..and they HAVE to do the tree together! I wouldn't put up with that!

So I’ve been mulling over the shambolic Pethericks. Not only do they not deliver regular, interesting or even relevant content (half-done tree was all they managed for getting the chateau ready for Christmas) they then start another channel with the most obnoxious chateau owner of them all... Dear God. Anyway, in the spirit of the Pethericks meet the Trotters meet Beatrix Potter and any number of apt quotes (“This time next year we’ll be millionaires”) we need to come up with a thread title... I think we’ll have fun with this one! To start the ball rolling:

The Potters #1 Can’t be arsed to do anything
Half arsed Petherick's

Maybe MP and BJJ should get together, they'd make a great couple
lots of flirting and Inuendo with him and loll..in their advent last year
I believe he is gay, but there is definatly something between them!

What 'infection' did she have that necessitated a hospital admission?
Indeed... Having fun,waving fireworks around for Potty Potts, then oops,4hours later in hospital! No info why!

I felt sorry for Stephanie ending up in hospital but it looks like she doesn't take care of herself very well. No exercise, fresh air or sunlight, she is definitely low in Vitamin D. Too much alcohol, dubious diet and you have a ripe breeding ground for any infections.

Can someone explain why all the newcomers (Potts, Davy etc) aren't wearing masks? Did Lalande address this in a video anywhere? Seems to be very disrespectful to the rest of the world when we are all taking precautions to be safe.
Hear hear! 👏👏👏

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Drove an hour to A&E in France once and dispatched home. As soon as we walked in the door, summoned back. Four hours on the road in total. Safer for him to stay in car and sleep.
And after four hours on the road and little sleep, Philip continued to help SJ with the vlog. Philip is a fine young man, far more gallant than poor little Man-Child Potts who doesn't even know how restart the boiler in his own house.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

I personally have never known anyone have to go to hospital for a UTI. Then for her to be stuffing croissant & bread down her throat like there was nothing wrong just jarred with me. I've had a UTI, it's painful, but you wait until the morning & go get some antibiotics. Maybe MP has seen her act up to get attention before (Girl who cried wolf) & just doesn't take it seriously? I think she wanted a
I felt sorry for Stephanie ending up in hospital but it looks like she doesn't take care of herself very well. No exercise, fresh air or sunlight, she is definitely low in Vitamin D. Too much alcohol, dubious diet and you have a ripe breeding ground for any infections.

Can someone explain why all the newcomers (Potts, Davy etc) aren't wearing masks? Did Lalande address this in a video anywhere? Seems to be very disrespectful to the rest of the world when we are all taking precautions to be safe.
She's a 45 year old woman not a 15 year old girl. You'd think by that time she'd have read enough glossy mags to tell her how to look after herself wouldn't you?

I believe she addressed this in an earlier vlog. They have all, allegedly had a Covid test.
When though? Before they walked in the door? Or when they left home - fine as long as they didn't stop anywhere en route, not so if they did.

• Heart
Are you asking what is craic? It's irish for fun, partying and goings on.
Yes, thank you! 😅 I feel like the context she uses it in changes? So I wasn’t sure. (Tl;dr is “too long; didn’t read” which applies to everything Brenda writes)

• Haha
More spend, spend, spend: a ridiculously huge tree, much too large, so it had to be chopped at both ends but the LOTL has to have the best, biggest and most expensive of everything. Stephanie was then telling the men what to do and just had to have her own way about everything. She and PP then had to go and buy over 3,000 new lights because they couldn't find last year's, then more presents to buy for the secret Santa although they packed up loads of stuff yesterday. I do wonder if any of the Patreon money has been spent on these trifles. It's also a shame not to be able to see the actual tree because it is so overloaded with baubles, etc. Why bother to buy an expensive natural tree if you can't see any of the branches? They might as well have another plastic one if they don't want to see the actual tree. Each day she becomes increasingly more annoying. As soon as the lockdown is over, she'll be off on her travels again and people will say she deserves it and it's her own money she's spending but surely she should use some of her own money to improve what is, after all, her own home, rather than letting other people pay for all the necessary work while she spends her private cash on travelling and superficial adornments! When is she going to grow up and take some responsibllity?

Interesting that Ruth has not yet put in an appearance.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m with you there. Can you imagine Ruthie’s conversation with that empty vessel Potts behind closed doors. I’m sure he placates her with ‘we’re just good friends ’ but if push came to shove, I think his loyalty lays with SJ. Talking of push and shove, if I was Ruth that’s just what I’d with him - right through the nearest door !
Exactly. His loyalty completely lies with SJ and she eats it up.

Reactions: 8
More spend, spend, spend: a ridiculously huge tree, much too large, so it had to be chopped at both ends but the LOTL has to have the best, biggest and most expensive of everything. Stephanie was then telling the men what to do and just had to have her own way about everything. She and PP then had to go and buy over 3,000 new lights because they couldn't find last year's, then more presents to buy for the secret Santa although they packed up loads of stuff yesterday. I do wonder if any of the Patreon money has been spent on these trifles. It's also a shame not to be able to see the actual tree because it is so overloaded with baubles, etc. Why bother to buy an expensive natural tree if you can't see any of the branches? They might as well have another plastic one if they don't want to see the actual tree. Each day she becomes increasingly more annoying. As soon as the lockdown is over, she'll be off on her travels again and people will say she deserves it and it's her own money she's spending but surely she should use some of her own money to improve what is, after all, her own home, rather than letting other people pay for all the necessary work while she spends her private cash on travelling and superficial adornments! When is she going to grow up and take some responsibllity?

Interesting that Ruth has not yet put in an appearance yet.
She has the money to renovate, maybe not everything all at once, but she simply doesn't want to tone down her way of living even in the slightest. Thinking it is funny how crowded the place is, that they can't even find things... How can people keep throwing money at these people is beyond me.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Exactly and he wasn't very gentlemanly in letting SJ struggle to move stuff out the way to get to the boiler after spending the night in hospital! Why doesn't he know how to reset it in his own property?

Also noticed that there wasn't any mention of a stocking for Ruth :unsure:
I most certainly DID notice there was NO MENTION of a stocking for Ruth the long suffering...

ALSO.... the mystery illness😑 uh huh....

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.