The Chateau Diaries #6 All I want for Christmas is MORE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a waste of higher education to end up where your greatest goal in life is to get and spend. However much she may try to deny that (and I am sure she would), the evidence is there; her greatest joy comes from acquisition; materialism; appearances, and being the belle of the ball. There is superficiality and fakery in order to get more from people who are daft enough to encourage the indulgence because they mistakenly believe they are taking part in the fairy story. If this were a children's fable, there'd be a moral at the end where the protagonist gets her come uppance. I wonder if this will ever happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Happy holidays tattle.life
🎄🎄🎄🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🎄🎄🎄

Finally got to watch the vlogs -

the halerious interaction with cat and MP in relation to the “gift” .....

clarifying that LOTL had not indeed wrapped the hugemoungeous 😂😂 gift 🎁

no BJJ himself of Lande of nostril 👃 had seen fit to send some Brocanteuse 🙈🙈 tat and attempt to witch slap MP with thinking 💭 he was getting a gift of any magnitude 😉

Leaste MP trotted our the platitudes.... Bosh blah personalized ... yawn ... rebounded on PP - “Money can’t BUY you class .... “

If karma has it’s way ♥ marquis Potts will have pulled the now filthy vail from the erratant LOTL ... 2 months in a row patron in total is down ..............

Hopefully the other directors will tell her to cop on ......

Every cloud ...... French police might take an interest in the above 6 guest ...,.,,,

Attachments

Reactions: 7
The claim made by some fans and haters that having children makes them a better person with a more meaningful life is flawed, just look at all the parents who beat or ignore their children if you need an example of how that train of thought does not hold water.
The oft made argument that SJ’s life is both meaningless because she chooses to be childfree, and wasteful and opulent does not stack up. Having children would generate more use of resources and environmental waste than living in an old house and shopping in the brocante.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
First time poster but I started out being a fan of Chateau Diaries having seen SJ on ETTCDIY and was so impressed by her work ethic. That good impression has been relentlessly eroded week by week by the overwhelmingly obnoxious behaviour of SJ and all within the ramshackle pile that is CDeLL... it began when she started opening gifts... which I found a bit off... then she did it again, and again, and again until it began to dawn on me what was really going on. Even her Co-owner Nic found it abhorrent but did it deter the greedy and avaricious behaviour of a 45 year old woman acting like a spoiled 12 year old, no it didn’t. She continues to solicit gifts... look at the official Chateau FB page where is says if you want to sends gifts this is the address. I mean, how more blatant can she get? But sweet mother of Devine... the antics in the white Christmas Eve dress, twirling and clasping her hands to her bosom like a Disney Princess... I’m still cleaning up the vomit.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
The Chateau Diaries and Doing it Ourselves
(with help from blatant product placement)

Both LOTLL and M Trotter should post “this video contains paid content” disclosures on their vlogs now. It’s out of hand and distracting from whatever little actual content is left.

MP’s desperate attempt to doggedly have Christmas dinner in his quarter finished ruin was seemingly an advertisement for Aga, F&M and Spode. I’m close to convinced these companies are sponsoring the little grifter. Aga-branded tea towels, Aga-branded pizza paddle (I bought it through eBay, sure) F&M festooned hamper (large), C&K t-shirt.

LOTL’s advent series put the ‘ad’ in advent. 24 days of a cavalcade of product openings - spare me (disclaimer- I only watched four of the ADvent vlogs; tell me if I’m wrong). Even the present our LOTL (solely represented by Prince Nostril Philip) sent via Cat (Ryan’s squeeze) to MP, consisting of non-descript brocante-ware, was encased in a way too big box designed to show off the Derek Jarvis artwork wrapping paper (download the file for £5).

Not since ‘Wilson’ floated in front of Tom Hanks in a FedEx box in Castaway have I witnessed such blatant product placement. The original charm is long gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The claim made by some fans and haters that having children makes them a better person with a more meaningful life is flawed, just look at all the parents who beat or ignore their children if you need an example of how that train of thought does not hold water.
The oft made argument that SJ’s life is both meaningless because she chooses to be childfree, and wasteful and opulent does not stack up. Having children would generate more use of resources and environmental waste than living in an old house and shopping in the brocante.
It's nowt to do with her being childless. It's to do with her being a vain, vacuous spendthrift who has never done a proper day's work in her life who is touting for money so she can go off travelling & be a bum.

First time poster but I started out being a fan of Chateau Diaries having seen SJ on ETTCDIY and was so impressed by her work ethic. That good impression has been relentlessly eroded week by week by the overwhelmingly obnoxious behaviour of SJ and all within the ramshackle pile that is CDeLL... it began when she started opening gifts... which I found a bit off... then she did it again, and again, and again until it began to dawn on me what was really going on. Even her Co-owner Nic found it abhorrent but did it deter the greedy and avaricious behaviour of a 45 year old woman acting like a spoiled 12 year old, no it didn’t. She continues to solicit gifts... look at the official Chateau FB page where is says if you want to sends gifts this is the address. I mean, how more blatant can she get? But sweet mother of Devine... the antics in the white Christmas Eve dress, twirling and clasping her hands to her bosom like a Disney Princess... I’m still cleaning up the vomit.
Exactly. Clearly told the other females that it was a black or red dress code so she stood out in her white dress. Jeez. She's not all there as my mum would've said.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I agree that whether she has children (childfree or childless) or not is irrelevant. However, that does not stop some people opining that they spent a more worthwhile and meaningful xmas surrounded by ‘loving family“ in comparison to “SJ’s vacuous life”. The same people accuse SJ of opulence yet don’t seem to pause and reflect on the extravagant cost of having children on themselves, society and the environment. Having kids is about the most opulent decision a person can make, buying a few secondhand armchairs is not.

• Heart
I agree that whether she has children (childfree or childless) or not is irrelevant. However, that does not stop some people opining that they spent a more worthwhile and meaningful xmas surrounded by ‘loving family“ in comparison to “SJ’s vacuous life”. The same people accuse SJ of opulence yet don’t seem to pause and reflect on the extravagant cost of having children on themselves, society and the environment. Having kids is about the most opulent decision a person can make, buying a few secondhand armchairs is not.
Having children is one thing. Doing what SJ is doing is a totally different topic all together. Sorry but she's basically a money hungry and gift grabbing attention seeker. She rakes in an Obscene amount of money from total strangers for basically begging to help keep up her chateaux. None of her stories make any sense whatsoever. It's all look at me, look at me She's not just buying a few second hand arm chairs, she's surrounded by junk and is asking for more. Greedy all the way. Kids have nothing to do with this.,

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
The people with kids who write that their lives are more meaningful than SJ’s are making this about kids. My point is that those people are acting in a totally selfish and grabby way. Adding more humans to the planet uses up massive resources and is totally unnecessary. The only reason to do it is selfishness and greed so people with kids going on social media to call a childfree woman who buys secondhand furniture and porcelain ‘greedy’, ‘grabby’, ‘selfish’ and ‘opulent’ are, in fact, describing themselves. Not to mention how big their ego must be to think the world needs more of their DNA in the swamp.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
The people with kids who write that their lives are more meaningful than SJ’s are making this about kids. My point is that those people are acting in a totally selfish and grabby way. Adding more humans to the planet uses up massive resources and is totally unnecessary. The only reason to do it is selfishness and greed so people with kids going on social media to call a childfree woman who buys secondhand furniture and porcelain ‘greedy’, ‘grabby’, ‘selfish’ and ‘opulent’ are, in fact, describing themselves. Not to mention how big their ego must be to think the world needs more of their DNA in the swamp.
Is this Stephanie? LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
And don't get me started on Marie's 'florals'. Yet another bunch of exactly the same collection of twigs making a pseudo arrangement, and squeals of OMG it's SOOOO gorgeous. It's just a deconstructed mess. Are we all in denial??
Floral roadkill 😩
What a waste of higher education to end up where your greatest goal in life is to get and spend. However much she may try to deny that (and I am sure she would), the evidence is there; her greatest joy comes from acquisition; materialism; appearances, and being the belle of the ball. There is superficiality and fakery in order to get more from people who are daft enough to encourage the indulgence because they mistakenly believe they are taking part in the fairy story. If this were a children's fable, there'd be a moral at the end where the protagonist gets her come uppance. I wonder if this will ever happen.
My favourite comment to date. SJ summed up perfectly with your every word.
I love the idea of a children’s fable too, perhaps titled ‘How Not To Behave ....’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Having children is one thing. Doing what SJ is doing is a totally different topic all together. Sorry but she's basically a money hungry and gift grabbing attention seeker. She rakes in an Obscene amount of money from total strangers for basically begging to help keep up her chateaux. None of her stories make any sense whatsoever. It's all look at me, look at me She's not just buy a few second hand arm chairs, she's surrounded by junk and is asking for more. Greedy all the way. Kids have nothing to do with this.,
I agree. I like the original series where it showed chateau owners getting their hands dirty & transforming chateaux. Unfortunately, this has turned into a dysfunctional ow
Given what is said about SJ here, I take that as an attack on another user of the forum and is therefore against the rules.
Eh?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Floral roadkill 😩

My favourite comment to date. SJ summed up perfectly with your every word.
I love the idea of a children’s fable too, perhaps titled ‘How Not To Behave ....’
Thanks! I liked the User 79 latest post by mistake but don't know how to delete a like!

Reactions: 4
Not seen any posts which seem to reflect what you are saying about family life being more valuable than her single life. I watched initially as it was a follow on from Chateau DIY series which was lovely seeing people transforming wrecks into lovely homes. Originally it appeared that was what she was doing. However, what has now happened is that she has seen the chateau as a revenue stream. It is the constant gift giving and the wasteful nature of the place which is jarring. Together with the slightly strange behaviour of a 45 year old woman acting like a Disney princess, being feted by young men who could be her sons & who clearly has problems with her Mummy and Daddy. Profligate spending, wasteful behaviour and clearly no regard for Covid restrictions by having 16 people from all over the place together for Christmas when French advisory is no more than 6. Childishness is not the same as child like.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Dear Donegal Brenda is running a ‘spot the differences’ game after modifying some of the Daddy Jarvis artwork. That’s fine I guess for a bit of post Christmas ‘craic’, though given our earlier revelations about some of his artistic subject matter I’m not sure you want to be too closely studying the details . . . the Tartan Taxi-driver Gerry apparently spent his formative years doing just that. There’s a psych thesis in this.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
LMAO Brenda!! Can you imagine her looking at this painting of Derek's and studying it???? Boy she certainly acts like she personally knew them. I'd like to have change this one up!!! HAHA!!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Given what is said about SJ here, I take that as an attack on another user of the forum and is therefore against the rules.
Has someone been sipping the cooking sherry? 🥳

LMAO Brenda!! Can you imagine her looking at this painting of Derek's and studying it???? Boy she certainly acts like she personally knew them. I'd like to have change this one up!!! HAHA!!
Something to tickle Brenda's fancy perhaps.😱

• Haha
Thanks! I liked the User 79 latest post by mistake but don't know how to delete a like!
Thanks! That worked!

Guess what BG could remove from the painting that Michael Potts owns; I guess she hasn't examined that one closely enough! That would be a good one for Spot the Difference.

Most real artists would not be very happy with someone messiing about with their paintings like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Delighted 😀 you read the rules FIRST befor posting ....

moderation of another user will have a REAL moderators along shortly

Running theory’s that don’t follow any previous statements - shows your hand 🤚
Still only allowed 6 ppl at the chat oooo
Just saying 🙈🙈🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.