Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

OrangeDuvet

VIP Member
IMG_20220111_110115.jpg

Oh thanks for sharing Anna, seeing how your life isn't perfect because you got to sleep in really makes me feel better about my life when things don't go to plan, like when a family member gets ill and my car breaks down so I have to make do.

She should really drop the ~relatable~ schtick as it's beyond condescending and not believable even for a second.

Looks like she's been reading on Tattle, too. We were saying how we prefer Lily's realness vs Anna's fake perfectionism so she gave it a try but missed the mark spectacularly.

• Heart
Reactions: 65

LottieRouge12

I touched on this on Lily's board recently but Nanna's issue is she's an OG influencer who got her bread and butter not b/c of fashion or beauty, she was never those things (just like Lily). She was always mediocre and blatantly copying others in these areas so she had to sprinkle it in with other bits such as press events/trips but more importantly vlogs about her life in order to become a mid-tier influencer.

Her vlogs (like Lily) were the ones that did the best when there was personal aspects of her life involved i.e. daily routine, showing their SO and going out somewhere, etc. All the OG influencers gained their following by exploiting their personal lives for financial gain. They deluded themselves into thinking ppl followed them b/c of beauty/fashion recs but really it was their personal lives and creating that parasocial relationship. It was easier when there was press events/trips where they can further sell their "lifestyle" but now that's gone for the past two years and possibly three.

Nanna is trying to change her relationship to her viewers. After bringing her viewers along from her dorm to her apt and then her home in Brighton and now Shoreham she now wants to put a barrier between her personal life and her viewers. While I understand not wanting to show her son, she is trying to flip the script with no content/creativity to maintain engagement.

Just b/c I think Nanna and her content has plummeted does not mean I will be rooting for LP or saying she's better in anyway. Both of them and all the OG influencers deserve to become redundant. Truly I cannot think of the least deserving ppl who literally contribute negatively to society.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

millsymilsean

I don’t get this casual Fridays thing. Like, it’s exactly the same as how she dresses during the week? She should do Fun Fridays instead. Where she actually wears colour

• Haha
Reactions: 54

millsymilsean

Anna’s issue is she’s trying to be relatable and aspirational at the same time and failing at both. She knows a huge pivot towards high end fashion, moody pics, aesthetic vibes would alienate her audience so she throws in the occasional “it’s not all perfect!” “Babies am I right?!” but it just makes her look…odd?

I find the complete lack of personal life on her page so bizarre. Ive followed her for years, since the London flat, and she was so much warmer. Now she’s cold (literally in her huge house and beige outfits, metaphorically in her content)

• Heart
Reactions: 52

CatCafe234

VIP Member
She needs to find a new location. They can't take ALL their photos in front of that one fence. She's wearing the same clothes in the same location - it's boring.
Plus, if that were my fence, I’d be a bit annoyed that someone was turning up once a week to spend half an hour or so posing outside of my house and taking pictures. It’s just so weird. You can just imagine the owners peering through the shutters thinking ‘Christ, they’re back again - what on earth are they doing?’ I must admit that if it was my house, I’d be very tempted to turn the hose on them …

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

SachaStark

I teach Media to teenagers: I’ve made it one of my personal learning objectives to teach them all EXACTLY how affiliate links work.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

MissD

For me the problem with Anna’s fashion content (apart from the fashion itself being terrible) is that without the lifestyle content it’s meaningless. I’m much more likely to be influenced by someone wearing things out the house, showing what they’re wearing to go out for dinner, pop to the shops, as a new mum etc than seeing another picture of her in her coat and hat standing in her bedroom. It just makes no sense to me as a viewer - I’m not in the market for a coat or shoes I only wear inside - I have a dressing gown and slippers for that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49

MoniC

Chatty Member
View attachment 969549
Why would you deliberately make your legs look like tree trunks?
Am I the only one who buys clothes when I need them or have an occasion and not just for the fuck of it? When I look at influencers like Anna, I'm always between astounded and apalled how often I see a similar caption. "Someone invite me to something so I can wear XYZ" to justify buying stuff that's going to hang in the closet without being worn?? Before an occasion to wear it ever comes, they'll have bought something new already. I find it just as bad as 'retail therapy' which Anna keeps going on about. Promoting spending your money on things you don't need to get a short high is unhealthy and fucking horrid for the planet.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

verykindlygifted

I’ve had it. After 3 years of working 80 hour weeks during a bloody panini while this woman makes 10x my wage for half a day’s work I can’t take it anymore. I kept hoping Annas content would improve but no. I’ve unsubscribed. Good riddance!

• Heart
Reactions: 48