The Anna Edit #14 Mrs Mark Newton continues to cosplay a beige upper middle class brand bore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you @martaS & @OrangeDuvet for the thread title.

1. Nanna is back, and now she's off again.
2. Had a playdate with Zoella.
3. Prefers yellow toned foundation for that jaundice-chic look.
4. Really outgoing herself with the scheduled content, giving us lots of Ideas for our Christmas lists...oh but it's boxing day. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Feel free to post a recap below.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Thank you @martaS & @OrangeDuvet for the thread title.

1. Nanna is back, and now she's off again.
2. Had a playdate with Zoella.
3. Prefers yellow toned foundation for that jaundice-chic look.
4. Really outgoing herself with the scheduled content, giving us lots of Ideas for our Christmas lists...oh but it's boxing day. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Feel free to post a recap below.
Is just an advance content for 2022 Black Friday

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Had to laugh when Anna said she doesn’t recommend products with a rubbish shade range, while talking about a bronzer with a “pants” shade range that she’d included in her favourites. Surely your favourites of the year are the ultimate recommendation?!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Had to laugh when Anna said she doesn’t recommend products with a rubbish shade range, while talking about a bronzer with a “pants” shade range that she’d included in her favourites. Surely your favourites of the year are the ultimate recommendation?!
I noticed that too. And the excuse was that she was using it up.
Yet during the Black Lives Matter protests she ditched a nearly new Chanel bronzer due to the lack of shade range in favour of Fenty.
It’s all very revealing.

Reactions: 36
One of the (many) reasons I unsubscribed from Nanna was her tokenistic, performative fleeting engagement with actually important issues like BLM. Same with her silly, privileged, lazy content on the podcast with Lily. Someone with her following and with any integrity (and apparently some basic intelligence) should do better than her brief bandwagon efforts.

She is utterly vacuous and lazy, as also evidenced by the shoddy video yesterday with the mentions of people putting her favourites on Christmas lists. It’s all for the schilling.

Nanna is beige, vacuous and lazy AF.

<edited for typos>

I noticed that too. And the excuse was that she was using it up.
Yet during the Black Lives Matter protests she ditched a nearly new Chanel bronzer due to the lack of shade range in favour of Fenty.
It’s all very revealing.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
One of the (many) reasons I unsubscribed from Nanna was her tokenistic, performative fleeting engagement with actually important issues like BLM. Same with her silly, privileged, lazy content on the podcast with Lily. Someone with her following and with any integrity (and apparently some basic intelligence) should do better than her brief bandwagon efforts.

She is utterly vacuous and lazy, as also evidenced by the shoddy video yesterday with the mentions of people putting her favourites on Christmas lists. It’s all for the schilling.

Nanna is beige, vacuous and lazy AF.

<edited for typos>
It’s not the same thing, but I originally subscribed to Anna as she was the only relatable influencer talking about consuming less, I was really into the capsule wardrobe stuff until the price points rocketed and she was always buying new pieces. She just clings onto buzzwords and plays the game really well. Most people can't see through her.

Reactions: 31
She even said that she has had it for YEARS, so she is using an expired product...

• Sick
Reactions: 14
It’s not the same thing, but I originally subscribed to Anna as she was the only relatable influencer talking about consuming less, I was really into the capsule wardrobe stuff until the price points rocketed and she was always buying new pieces. She just clings onto buzzwords and plays the game really well. Most people can't see through her.
What she has done is transition to buying alot of designer clothing second hand and mixing it in with the few sponsor/ad items from Arket.

I think her followers are starting to catch on. Her capshill wardrobe content is not doing the numbers it used to and she knows this but a) needs content and b) needs to justify to Lord Newton her expensive purchases.

I do think we're witnessing Nanna's downfall in real time. Correct me if I'm wrong but there was no Waitrose ad/sponsorship for her this year was there? Also neither she nor Lily got a HelloFresh sponsorship/ad this year either did they?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
What she has done is transition to buying alot of designer clothing second hand and mixing it in with the few sponsor/ad items from Arket.

I think her followers are starting to catch on. Her capshill wardrobe content is not doing the numbers it used to and she knows this but a) needs content and b) needs to justify to Lord Newton her expensive purchases.

I do think we're witnessing Nanna's downfall in real time. Correct me if I'm wrong but there was no Waitrose ad/sponsorship for her this year was there? Also neither she nor Lily got a HelloFresh sponsorship/ad this year either did they?
She had the bloody Waitrose & Partners minced pies that she went on and on and on some more about. That was it.

But she also just got back from mat leave so, ya know, she needs to take it easy 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 10
Do you remember when she was obsessed with Katie Jane hughes? Doesnt even follow her on Instagram anymore. What a load of tit.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Do you remember when she was obsessed with Katie Jane hughes? Doesnt even follow her on Instagram anymore. What a load of tit.
It was embarrassing how much she obsessed over her… I’m cringing remembering it but also shocked she doesn’t still follow her?!

Edited to add - she still follows her.

Reactions: 18
It was embarrassing how much she obsessed over her… I’m cringing remembering it but also shocked she doesn’t still follow her?!

Edited to add - she still follows her.
It’s not coming up on mine

Reactions: 2
Weird. Anyway, the whole thing was odd and showed how immature and young Anna is.

Reactions: 11
I gave in and put her 2021 favourites video on while I was in the bath. I’m now less sure than ever of its purpose. She doesn’t use eyeliner, setting spray, brow pencil, lip liner, powder, or highlighter, and is currently using a bronzer that’s at least four years old from a range that is likely being discontinued. Her mascara favourite is likely also being discontinued. I have no idea what she is supposed to be selling us as there is nothing to buy besides posh lip balm whose brand name she still can’t pronounce correctly. The days of Vivianna Does Makeup are well and truly behind her.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Maybe Nanna got jell when KJH’s Insta took off, so she unfollowed. It’s so clear that Katie is seriously talented - beyond Nanna’s wildest amateur MUA dreams. Beside her Nanna looks like a 14 year old playing make up with a quad pink palette and a too yellow base.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The fact NAnna called her channel/blog Vivianna does makeup despite the fact that isn't her name, shows she was lying from the start.

Looking back, Nanna was never truly into makeup nor fashion. She was never experimental nor unique in any of those areas. Nanna's shtick is wearing a posh uniform for her face and clothes (the few looks she ventured out of her comfort zone never lasted on her face nor her wardrobe).

The difference is now instead of Reiss and Whistles it's now Toteme and Celine.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.