The Anna Edit #14 Mrs Mark Newton continues to cosplay a beige upper middle class brand bore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
you couldn't pay me to take fashion advice from nanna. she is utterly delusional and out of touch with the outside world. it's sort of sad to see.

Reactions: 23
I touched on this on Lily's board recently but Nanna's issue is she's an OG influencer who got her bread and butter not b/c of fashion or beauty, she was never those things (just like Lily). She was always mediocre and blatantly copying others in these areas so she had to sprinkle it in with other bits such as press events/trips but more importantly vlogs about her life in order to become a mid-tier influencer.

Her vlogs (like Lily) were the ones that did the best when there was personal aspects of her life involved i.e. daily routine, showing their SO and going out somewhere, etc. All the OG influencers gained their following by exploiting their personal lives for financial gain. They deluded themselves into thinking ppl followed them b/c of beauty/fashion recs but really it was their personal lives and creating that parasocial relationship. It was easier when there was press events/trips where they can further sell their "lifestyle" but now that's gone for the past two years and possibly three.

Nanna is trying to change her relationship to her viewers. After bringing her viewers along from her dorm to her apt and then her home in Brighton and now Shoreham she now wants to put a barrier between her personal life and her viewers. While I understand not wanting to show her son, she is trying to flip the script with no content/creativity to maintain engagement.

Just b/c I think Nanna and her content has plummeted does not mean I will be rooting for LP or saying she's better in anyway. Both of them and all the OG influencers deserve to become redundant. Truly I cannot think of the least deserving ppl who literally contribute negatively to society.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
She’ll blame it on new parenthood though instead of critically reflecting on how her content has been steadily going downhill even before her pregnancy
Problem is she has presented parenting as being a breeze. If she uses that as an excuse, she will show that she was full of tit!

Reactions: 12
Problem is she has presented parenting as being a breeze. If she uses that as an excuse, she will show that she was full of tit!
When did Nanna do this? She's pretending Ralph doesn't exist except when it comes to AF his clothes.

Reactions: 4
I've stopped watching Anna, not because she had a kid and not because she is moving away from doing vlogs but because I don't like any of her outfits at all, and her hair and makeup haven't changed in years. Simple as that.

Reactions: 33
She might go for the 'viewers/followers just don't like following mothers' angle. I'm sure that is case to a degree - if you don't have children and someone you follow does their lifestyle might evolve and be less relevant to you, so you stop watching or following. But I also don't have kids and follow lots of people with then on IG because they're still interesting people. The problem is Anna isn't interesting, imo. So even her approach of absolutely zero Ralph doesn't work because she's boring with or without the baby.

(does this make sense? reading it back I am not 100% sure!)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She might go for the 'viewers/followers just don't like following mothers' angle. I'm sure that is case to a degree - if you don't have children and someone you follow does their lifestyle might evolve and be less relevant to you, so you stop watching or following. But I also don't have kids and follow lots of people with then on IG because they're still interesting people. The problem is Anna isn't interesting, imo. So even her approach of absolutely zero Ralph doesn't work because she's boring with or without the baby.

(does this make sense? reading it back I am not 100% sure!)
Makes sense to me! She didn’t have a personality before Ralph and she doesn’t have a personality post-Ralph!

I watched Ilana Glazer’s new movie False Positive this weekend and one of the characters says something along the lines of “we’re naming him Rafe, like Ralph but French.” I chuckled.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I mean I get it, at one point you realise that you are not comfortably of showing so much if your private life to +/- 400.000 strangers. And even if you do what you always did, it will bore people at one point. People are only interested in your weekly shop so long. -Apparently, I definitely enjoy this mediocre topics way more then elaborate selling shows.
Lily and Anna started out in their early twenties. They were young, fresh, relatable, didn’t have a care in the world and the mainstream fashion trend suited them. Now they are 10 years older (and people act as if they should look like they didn’t age ten years), the current trend looks horribly on them, their life is miles away from the lives of most viewers, they shill overpriced stuff and in general stuff is all they are about. I don’t mind gifted things. I don’t mind a PO Box video. But obvious begging? Clearly faked reviews? And than no real life content to give some balance? And the real life we get is heavily filtered, made up and has no relatable elements. That’s not sustainable. And I agree, they need to accept that the private stuff they shared is their USP. Not beauty or fashion sense, not their interior design, not their writing skills (be it books or scripts) and definitely not their acting.
So I get wanting to scale back on the private sector. BUT maybe then it’s time to leave social media professionally?
And hiring people to do the work, only to have worse and less content is always the beginnings of the end. The second they hire an editor/photographer/assistant/husband you know it’s over and time to unsubscribe.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
The laziness is what gets me. She’s gone from doing several days of work a week (allegedly), to one or two. The quality is going to change massively if she’s not putting the hours in anymore, assistant or not.
People aren’t falling for their tit as much anymore and it’s beginning to show. Her subscriber figures are going down -1,000 on YouTube as well - and the more she tries to shill expensive tat, the harder it’s going to be to pull in that monthly income to support her whole family.

Also, has anyone seen Signe/Useless’ reel from yesterday? So easy, so useful! It’s people like her that make Anna look like an absolute chump, walking around her smansion in her beige bubble, trying to get her viewers to buy a £500 necklace.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Use less & Brittany Bathgate are authentic and come up with their own content and talk about what they know, love... it’s because Anna is a imitator that’s her content comes across so naff and makes you think WTF is she talking about.

She has literally copied BBS what would I wear video series but with outfits that she definitely would not wear, what she wants us to think she would wear to manipulate us into thinking she’s got ideas and fashion sense.

I used to like her pre baby but she’s come back as some fake newly created fashion content creator. Honestly she’s so out of touch with the reality of her followers. With BB and Use Less they authentically and naturally incorporate their fashion advice with their every day lives and don’t pretend their children don’t exist

Reactions: 18
Use less & Brittany Bathgate are authentic and come up with their own content and talk about what they know, love... it’s because Anna is a imitator that’s her content comes across so naff and makes you think WTF is she talking about.

She has literally copied BBS what would I wear video series but with outfits that she definitely would not wear, what she wants us to think she would wear to manipulate us into thinking she’s got ideas and fashion sense.

I used to like her pre baby but she’s come back as some fake newly created fashion content creator. Honestly she’s so out of touch with the reality of her followers. With BB and Use Less they authentically and naturally incorporate their fashion advice with their every day lives and don’t pretend their children don’t exist
I mean they ALL just copy stuff. There is nothing original really. We have seen all the different ways to film and edit. We have all topics covered. There are only so many angles you can use to make a fashion/food/diy/tech…. video. And even if you are the first to put it online, chances are you have seen a similar take on tv or a fashion magazine.
I don’t have a problem with that. But if you produce crap there is really no excuse. The winter wedding outfit for example. It was so so bad. And not because it was black. The whole video was. There are tons of the exactly same video out there. BBS just copied someone else. But instead of using a good idea and making good content with it, she just delivered mind boggling tit. You just know she would never turn up to a winter wedding like that herself. And she cannot even explain why she thinks that’s the hottest thing to wear right now. Because it’s not and she wouldn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I don’t watch Anna’s videos anymore. I think it all started to go downhill whens she stopped the actual capsule wardrope. That was the big pull; I loved how she had clear plan, was organised etc. I actually loved watching the seasonal changeovers, seeing her with the same old bits, then the shopping plan and hauls.

Now this constantly buying shapeless oversized Toteme this and that is like the polar opposite!

And I hate the ”ad break” business on ig. As if there is ever anything else 😖 Unfollowed her once and for all a few weeks back.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It’s not really an “edit” anymore, it’s whatever she can affiliate link. Should be The Anna Beige Mega Haul.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
And I believe that for a decent-ish amount of time the capsule wardrobe was genuine. She pared back, there was cohesion, regular clear outs, she considered colour palettes and purchases. She was never a minimalist by any stretch but she reduced by a fair amount and the 10x10 challenges were sincere, in that if she said ‘this outfit for a day of meetings in London’ then that’s what she actually did.

At some point I think she realised it was simply not compatible with raking in hundreds of thousands of pounds per year and letting your husband permanently put his feet up. Now it’s endless consumption - both herself and encouraging her audience to do so via her affiliate links - and playing dress ups for made up scenarios. Madness.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
You could probably find 100 people who have done this concept. It's not original by any means but I don't think BB really deserves credit.
This is of course true BUT the shoe video a week ago was also copied from BB and she wants to make a series - same as BB. As well as the obsession with the Raey (?) oversized coat monstrosity amd the condom hats. A bit much in such a short time. She is fan girling again. After KJH she now idolizes BB. It' s ridiculous really.

Reactions: 13
It is appalling that someone so experienced in her industry still can’t follow the rules around disclosing affiliate links properly in her blog.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.