Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dovefromabove

I have followed Jodie from the beginning and in a sea of fakeness and greed, I find her stance on being an 'influencer' refreshing. She doesn't shove shit down everyone's throats, she has only done ads that are relevant to her/her account and has done them in an interesting way. Remember that her salary is a London one so she will be on the higher wage (still nowhere near enough if you ask me) and she is really frugal when food shopping so I imagine it's very easy to pay off debts that she's set her mind to pay off. I don't see an issue with her ads at all 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 42
Oh cmon people, Jodie is one of the decent influencers I’m not sure why she even has a thread on tattle and I cba to read 18 pages lol. I always find she is honest and transparent with what she posts. As if you’re all coming for her now she’s positive, there are exceptions in the rules around covid testing for key workers. Give her a break 😂

Reactions: 34

eff29

I quite like her actually - she is pretty transparent in comparison to all other instagrammers. She does have a reasonably good salary (compared to average UK salaries) but I think she's raised taboo issues that most people wouldn't speak about when we should (ie debt, babies etc). I get that people get annoyed when they do ads though but I don't think she's done that many at all and the ones I've seen were related to her page, unless I've missed them due to the algorithms?

Reactions: 32

Serious_Susan

VIP Member
I really like Jody. She’s refreshing, honest and has an actual job. The adds she’s done have been relevant and used towards paying off her debt? I don’t see what’s not transparent about that?

Reactions: 31

Cheesefiend

Do you know what, i really like jody. Shes the sort of person id want as a friend. Shes strong, straight talking and you know she would be there for you.

I like that Shes real in a very fake insta world. I like that she doesn't hide who she is.... i might not like the readily ads that everyone is doing, but i can't say i blame her and i just tap past them.

Her miscarriage was heartbreaking, but i think she should be applauded for talking about it, that takes strength. Things need to be normalised so people dont feel so alone.

Also, shea nhs, in the middle of a pandemic, trying to help pregnant women and manage everything around that, with all the restrictions, frankly i dont care if she wants to wear a top with a massive bow. Whatever brings a smile to her face. Anyone in the nhs is an utter hero right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’m also in the I like Jodie boat - compared to other “influencers” she’s a breath of fresh air and completely transparent. I was chuffed for her getting adverts so she could help pay off her debt. She seems a really genuine person aswell.

Reactions: 25
It’s not just the Ads though is it? It’s the free sofas and wedding dresses etc that’s when they lose the interest of their followers. Fair enough she said the wedding dress was from a competition but really? They probably picked her because of her followers.
Didn’t she get the dress because of working for the NHS, I think it was a lovely thing for the company to do and they did it for many other NHS workers if I can remember correctly. Not everything is a conspiracy. I really like Jodie, I’m not gonna be upset that a big company gave her a sofa, compared to other instagrammers I think she’s quite transparent and doing what’s best by her which isn’t always a bad thing.

Reactions: 25

Emsie

VIP Member
If my baby was allergic to dairy I'd have moved him straight to formula. As a new mum you have enough to think about without remembering not to eat certain things. Jodie from one mum to another, give him a bottle and a dummy. It's fine. Some babies just need a dummy. Perfect insta mums don't exist were all just trying to make it through the day.

Reactions: 22

LouLou10

All she talks about these days is money. Jodes hun you're getting on mat leave more than some people get for working 40 hours so please read the room and just pipe down about money. Sick of hearing about her cash flow.
Omg I was heartbroken when I see what she’s getting paid for a year’s maternity leave! She earns more on maternity leave than me working full time! I think she should be a bit more considerate when sharing money as so many people are struggling right now 🙃

good for her though that she’s earning that, I don’t mean to sound bitter 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Eve123

When she said they were having issues, I wondered what might be going on. A quick look at his page for clues I felt was quite revealing. He follows the pages of just about every super skinny, olive skinned, busty brunette celebrity you can think of. He's certainly got a type, and it's not a mousey, fair skinned salt of the earth midwife. Feel quite sorry for her as she's clearly a lovely girl and while I know most men go through a phase in their younger years, by the time you're moved in and planning a wedding (and a baby!) you'd like them to have grown out of those kind of notions. All a bit embarrassing really, she deserves better.

Clearly a very difficult time for her but I am also puzzled at the way this has been handled. I agree a problem shared can be cathartic, but share with your friends, share with your family. Some things, especially while so fresh, are best kept personal. Once it's out there, you can't take it back. To make it public, literally days after it has happened. I don't know, is this news that needs to be shared, is sharing this of emotional benefit to her or is it just about the followers? I don't like to be a cynic, but there's a difference between sharing renovation tips with strangers and sharing your deepest personal details. I worry for the Instagram generation who don't seem to understand the boundary. It seems perhaps she has realised this having taken the posts down, but as others have said, each to their own. I wish her well.
Not entirely sure what you’re insinuating at, but I’m pretty sure the issue was regarding her fertility. Not really appropriate to make these assumptions about her relationship when she’s literally just had a miscarriage. I’d hate to think she’d read some of these comments, give her a break.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Absolutely Heartbroken for her.
I went through infertility for years.
I can’t imagine doing her job whilst experiencing a miscarriage.
What a shitty end to 2020 :(

Also everyone deals and shares this stuff differently and no one should be judged for that.
I was always open about my journey. I posted it all over my social media. It helped me process and deal with it. My husband was private and told nobody, he never begrudged me sharing what we were going though as he knew it was cathartic for me.
I know people that have never shared it openly that they’ve gone through infertility.
Everyone is different.
I agree. How she has chosen to share this is up to her, she’s opened up about her mental health before on her stories and if she finds it cathartic doing the same about something that’s happened to her body then she should be allowed to do that without judgement on her own page. I’m not trying to moderate others on here but I do think how someone personally chooses to react or announce a miscarriage should be their decision and that should be respected when she’s obviously going through a tough time of it right now.

• Heart

Emsie

VIP Member
All she talks about these days is money. Jodes hun you're getting on mat leave more than some people get for working 40 hours so please read the room and just pipe down about money. Sick of hearing about her cash flow.

• Heart

Rosebloom

“Fuck them Mums” Jodie says on Maternal Mental Health Awareness Week 🥴😆
What a wonderful midwife xoxoxox

Reactions: 19

Emma346

Another Jodie follower. I like the fact that she’s a normal person, she tells you she’s in debt.....How many influencers would tell you that? How many live off a credit card? Jodie comes across as likeable and relatable - buying second hand furniture and doing DIY to keep costs down. She hasn’t done many ADs compared to other big names and is always clear when she does.

Reactions: 19

Abi da Walker

🤣🤣🤣 Doesn’t have money to spend on getting rid of the mouse infestation that her newborn has to live with, but can have:
A holiday abroad
A new sofa (when she was given a brand new one, which she got rid of for a second hand one)
And a new car.
The woman is a joke, “worrying” about money. All she’s worried about is being able to afford the things she wants rather than the things she needs.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Rosebloom

She’s obviously struggling which is very hard to see however if we can see it, are the people around her seeing it and more importantly doing something about it?
she’s putting unnecessary pressure on herself - breast feeding, booking a holiday although it doesn’t seem like they’re ready to leave the street yet alone the bloody country, expecting sleep routines because friends have baby’s who sleep.
She’s driving me insane with the constant moaning but as a new mum I also feel for her deeply. It’s fucking hard, we all know that but something has to give and as a mum and as somebody who advocates do whatever the fuck you want on this occasion I feel like just shaking Jodie and saying give the fucking baby formula. It’s one less worry off your mind, you might just get a better sleep day or night. It’s starting to look like she’s resenting wanting a baby so much.
Perhaps those friends who’s baby’s are sleeping throughout the night can lend a bloody hand or some support at least because by god she needs it.

She doesn’t get alot of comments on many of her posts. Her original followers built up for her home renovation so they probably scroll by.
People quickly notice she doesn’t reply to anything, I wouldn’t waste my time trying to engage with her ad content when she can’t reply to anything else.

candyland_

VIP Member
She must have been a shocking midwife in terms of compassion before giving birth herself. It sounds like women under her care got the bare arse minimum from her and she had zero understanding of how they felt before or after having their baby.

She said she would have women into her clinic 1 day after a c section and it’s only now she’s realised some women can barely walk for weeks after. I just can’t get my head around how she could be so clueless.

• Sad
  • Heart

Leftpeg9

Chatty Member
Does anyone else feel very uncomfortable with her bath posts last night regarding breastfeeding?

She is a midwife and influencer, and I feel that she should know that there will be expectant and new mums watching that and thinking, well she is breaking at the seams, yet is telling the world breast is better (even though in the same sentence she says she doesn’t preach that and ‘fed is best’) and would rather burn out than increase formula or expressed milk feeding?!

It is just hypocrital. If you tell other Mums as a midwife ‘fed is best’ and would suggest to them expressing bottled milk/formula, why in the next sentence are you then saying, but ‘breast milk is the best’ and refuse to give yourself some inner peace. If I was a new Mum I’d think well stuff the formula then, this is a midwife saying all this and burn myself out too. If I had her as a midwife, with her telling me fed is best, then seeing that, I would feel like I’d given up too soon? Was the advice from her when she was caring for us wrong? I could go on…

And yes whilst there is evidence that breast fed babies get those antibodies the mother makes, formula is pretty awesome too. It kept my preemies alive whilst I was seriously ill after birth - they’re thriving now at Primary School and as healthy as can be!

I am truly for mums supporting mums during this journey, but that wasn’t supportive at all, that was a ‘formula isn’t good enough’. And I hope none of the brands offer her free bottles and milk when she doesn’t like giving it to her own child (you can hear it in her tone when she mentions she’s given him one). I hope no parent watches that and feels guilty for using formula, a happy mum makes a happy baby and yes fed is best - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT.
Tbh watching her last night I did think I’m now at the stage where I’m about to unfollow her for stuff like this. This stage of her life is just no longer what I’m here for.
Give yourself a break Jodie. If you don’t like or enjoy BF just move onto bottles. When they grow up quite literally no one knows or even cares who was BF and who was bottle fed.

Reactions: 17