Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
All the celebrities I “fancy” don’t look like my husband. I don’t think that means our relationship is doomed 😂 Unless Zac Efron is on his way to pick me up of course.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

blocknroll

As someone with a newborn, I think a lot of you have forgotten what it’s like. My baby is 8 weeks old and I feel every word she says. Just saying. Of all the things to be critical of, how hard it is being a first time mum definitely isn’t one of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
I can imagine it is actually quite hard to not slip up, especially an ingredient like dairy as its in places you wouldn't expect.... like donuts. But after the first time I'd have moved to formula for sure. Newborns are haaaard. Being a new mum is haaaard. Just stop being a martyr and give the baby the bottle and get on with the next thing.
Milk and milk proteins are in a lot of factory made food items that you wouldn’t expect them to be in. She should’ve been warned about that by whoever is managing D’s allergy (presumably the GP at this stage).

Given her prickly message about BF being ‘best for babies with allergies’ following a DM asking her why she is insisting on doing it given the continued problems, you’d think she’s done some reading and might’ve read it along the way. The reply would suggest she’s done some background reading anyway as BF *is* generally better for allergy prone babies in that it can help reduce further allergies developing BUT as she said that relies heavily on mums being strict with their own exposure. Otherwise, it isn’t actually better and when it goes awry it causes multiple harms. It harms mum’s mental health and the relationship between mum and baby (mum feels like shit for hurting baby and massively guilty for ‘failing’ and ‘not being good enough’). On the physical end for the baby, it exposes them to agents it is known to be allergic to (not just potential sensitivity risks), causing pain, distress and increased risk of severe reactions.

Watch your own story Jodie. It’s only better if you are able to stick to the rules and not slip up. Milk and milk derivatives are in a lot of mass produced foods. You need to check everything that passes your lips for as long as you are feeding him. It’s not easy or fun but there is an alternative if you can’t manage it and it would appear that you are struggling as there have been quite a few ‘slip ups’, where your baby has been in gastrointestinal distress due to unintentional ingestion of dairy. You’ve got a choice to make; get serious about cutting dairy and milk derivatives out, or give up breastfeeding. Both are fine but it is unfair on you son to try and do this half-way house.

• Heart

Phoebephoeebs

Today she said she took a weeks break from insta because everyone was announcing their pregnancy and it was pissing her off - which s strange considering she is a midwife
I imagine that her work is something she has mentally prepared herself for and can deal with, although it must be difficult.
Babies and pregnant ladies are an unavoidable part of the career she chose so she has learnt to deal with that.
Seeing pregnancies on social media is an avoidable trigger for her and probably the “icing on the cake” so to speak, I can understand why she took some time away from it.

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
Baby wearing a £60 outfit and Mum wearing a £90 dress. And she’s moaning about money worries!
Oh hang on, she didn’t pay for them did she … she got paid to advertise them and got them for free.
So hang on, was the beach hut “a last minute treat” as per the ad or was it “booked ages ago” as per the story she did on the day/day before going?

• Heart

candyland_

VIP Member
She likes to have things to moan about and almost seems to causes the problems herself by avoiding perfectly reasonable easy ways out. He has formula? Ok so let Terry take over while you have a good sleep. He uses your boob for comfort? Try a dummy.
There is no pleasing people like Jodie because they have boring lives that they need something to moan about.

• Heart

duggee_hug

She took him in the bath with her and Terry was home all along? Why couldn’t she have left the bubs with him whilst she washes? I swear she makes her life difficult intentionally!!!!!!!!

• Heart

Emsie

VIP Member
Fuck your holiday Jodie that you are doing for you not your baby. The baby would have liked the aquarium. I don't know about the London one but our local sealife place is such a sensory experience, the music, the lights, the fishes. What most mums do is look for 2 for 1s or go in term time etc and save money that way. The baby isn't going to be relaxing on a deckchair with a gin saying "I needed this break" 🤣

• Haha

Lucylululu

I do wish she would stop wearing her uniform while out and about especially during a global pandemic.

Removing your name badge doesn't stop the covid or infection risk Jodie, it just highlights that you know you shouldn't be doing it but done it anyway for the sake of a glass pumpkin. 🙈🙈🙈
She’s a community midwife though, she’s always out and about, it’s the nature of her job. I’d get your point if she was wearing scrubs outside after working on a ward all day but apart from clinics she seems to spend most of her time visiting expectant/new mums in their homes. She can’t not wear her uniform in public.

candyland_

VIP Member
She can’t sit still and relax can she? Can’t see why she can’t just enjoy the next few weeks before her baby arrives when it’s ready.
My advice to anyone would be to enjoy this time cos once the baby’s here you will be wishing you had.

cscm11

I’ve just unfollowed her, really gone of her. Not captioning stories, moaning all the time over money, complaining about breastfeeding. Everyone moans and bitches about life. But she just seems really dull and pessimistic about life. Had enough, best of luck to Terry and Dustin

Unbells

She’s been prescribed a really good (really sensitive - my little girl had the same one as she has a truck load of allergies!) formula for him. I reckon she thought “fuck it a little bit won’t hurt” and had the dairy which has upset him through her milk. Fair enough to do trial and error, but don’t turn into a cowbag to your tiny baby about it when it doesn’t work.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

FunkyOwl

First time posting but I’ve been following this thread a while, I followed her as thought she was a renovation account, appreciate she has a baby now and that’s her focus but at least change the name of the account!

I agree that breastfeeding struggles should be discussed openly, it’s not easy, the first 4 to 6 months are killer - however Jodie is saying she hates it and wishes she never bothered, it’s been too much hassle and has made her mental health worse. I just don’t think as a midwife she should be sharing that message on a public Instagram account when the NHS’s stance is that breastfeeding is optimal - whatever your opinion. She is going to put expectant mums off before they have even tried.

She needs to be very careful about what she says because her Trust could take her to task for the messages she is giving out because she’s still a registered midwife and intends to return to practice.

• Heart

Bubble10

I think Jodie is really struggling, as a mother of 4 grown up children I really feel for her. I had what I call 3 perfect babies that were so easy, hardly any sleepless nights and just fitted in from the moment they arrived, you’d never know that I’d just had a baby as the house was so tidy. The 4th was a total shock to my system, she cried from the moment she was born, allergic to everything, never slept a full night until she was 6/7 years of age. I think when she said it wasn’t worth it, I don’t actually think that is her talking, I’m no professional but I think she may have PND, I truly loved my youngest but felt I didn’t like her, but looking back now it’s because I didn’t know how to ask for help as I felt like a failure having had 3 babies before her. It’s possible that she feels the same being a midwife and wanting to do what’s best for little Dusty and that is the reason for putting so much pressure on herself, and she will also be worried about her father who is unwell at the moment and seems to have a great bond with.

duggee_hug

Realised the bookcase wouldn't cut it anymore 🤣

Now buy a wardrobe to go with the drawers as it only looks a small set
For someone so worried about money/maternity pay, she’s happy to splash the cash at the Cotswold Company?!

The furniture there is gorgeous but it isn’t cheap. Nor is the new sofa and sleep consultant she’s hiring either…

• Heart

xits_jjx

VIP Member
I went through a heap of fertility problems, have cried endlessly over how badly I wanted a baby and have cried tears of joy over my pregnancy, and tears of worry when things haven’t been so smooth sailing, and I cry every time I see an ultrasound. I know my baby will be worth it.

The fact she’s been through loss and also fertility problems and can’t say Dust is worth it all, is so so so weird.

• Heart

littlelunches

So unfair to make him scream like that just because she accidentally had diary. Also it’s fine to accidentally have something containing diary but she had cheese?! And he was with her so how did she forget?! It’s not like she was on a girls lunch without him and forgot. Strange. Once she realised she should’ve given him diary free formula. Last thing she should do is film his distress to post to the gram for #content

• Heart

Magentamarathon

When she said she's got no time or energy to reply to texts... stop doing insta videos to strangers and reply to your friends so you don't lose them!

Carrie2019

Absolutely Heartbroken for her.
I went through infertility for years.
I can’t imagine doing her job whilst experiencing a miscarriage.
What a shitty end to 2020 :(

Also everyone deals and shares this stuff differently and no one should be judged for that.
I was always open about my journey. I posted it all over my social media. It helped me process and deal with it. My husband was private and told nobody, he never begrudged me sharing what we were going though as he knew it was cathartic for me.
I know people that have never shared it openly that they’ve gone through infertility.
Everyone is different.

• Heart