Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems like they haven’t even really had a chance to enjoy the house yet.
Having your parents close when you have a child is priceless. I’m close to mine and can be there in 5 seconds if anything happens 🤣

Reactions: 8
They are thinking about moving.. Just get your driveway done.
My thoughts exactly. Do the driveway, install cctv/ring if needs be. If this is their only issue then there are cheaper ways to solve this than moving.

Reactions: 5
The photo of them on the bed with dusting in terrys arms she should have checked it - can see right up her nightie

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

She’s got No decorum 🤮 talking about shitting, fissures, putting her finger up her bum…she really needs to change her account it’s not renovations anymore….UNFOLLOWED

• Heart
Our area is well known for car gangs operating, recently a lot of transit vans have had their windows smashed in. It happens probably every 6 months or so. Windows are smashed in, cars stolen off driveways and abandoned. Think it’s the same anywhere, they all move on to other areas.
If such an issue then security lights, cameras, easier simpler ways too fix it. No need to move.

Reactions: 6
Does she ever think of Terry?

She’s lucky she was able to get him one.. The shelves were stripped bare in most shops I’ve been in this weekend but luckily I bought ours probably two months ago 😂

Reactions: 4
I’m getting abit fed up of her sharing this jersey person’s account, I’ve clicked on it and it’s essay filled photo dumps. A snoozefest of moaning and no gratitude. A bit like what her account is turning into to be honest.

Maybe I’m just being a-hole about it but when my children were born I didn’t write a load of nonsense for the gram, I just got on with parenting and if any issues came up, I chatted about them with real life human beings.

Reactions: 6
Why oh why were we treated to her birth story? Why do the huns bang on about their birth stories as if we're all waiting with bated breath for it. I literally only care about my own. I don't even know my actual friends birth stories other than they gave birth and here is the baby. Unless it is particularly horrendous and they are telling it in a lessons learnt kind of way Why do we need to know.

Reactions: 9
Did she just ask if anyone else's baby has some sort of body clock ?

🤣🤣 no he is purposely putting himself into a routine and waking up to piss you off Jodie. Seriously ? 🤣🙄🥲

• Heart
  • Haha
She must have been a shocking midwife in terms of compassion before giving birth herself. It sounds like women under her care got the bare arse minimum from her and she had zero understanding of how they felt before or after having their baby.

She said she would have women into her clinic 1 day after a c section and it’s only now she’s realised some women can barely walk for weeks after. I just can’t get my head around how she could be so clueless.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
How can a midwife have so little idea about babies and the post partum period? It is genuinely baffling. I know mw’s primarily care for women but babies and the postpartum period are a part of the training and experience too. It’s so weird

Reactions: 13
My midwife was out until day 10. Is that not a thing anymore because it doesn’t sound like Jodie has any experience for post birth.

It actually makes me a little bit concerned for my family member who is about to become a first time mum if this is how other midwives are. Luckily she has lots of us who have kids had our own babies to guide her if she needs help.

Reactions: 7
My midwife was out until day 10. Is that not a thing anymore because it doesn’t sound like Jodie has any experience for post birth.

It actually makes me a little bit concerned for my family member who is about to become a first time mum if this is how other midwives are. Luckily she has lots of us who have kids had our own babies to guide her if she needs help.
As far as I know, community midwives still hand over at 2 weeks post partum and can be involved beyond that in extenuating circumstances.

edit to add - student midwives should have training in all phases of maternity care (antenatal, delivery, postnatal). Jodie‘s NMC registration will have depended on her evidencing that she received that.

Reactions: 3
I don’t think she got into Midwifery because it was her dream job, and was passionate about mother and newborn care. I think she went into it for job security and money. That’s why she’s clueless about it all. Eyes on the money, not on the mums and babies.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.