Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SkinnyMalinky

Jodie said that after everything is paid she would have £700 of HER own money left a month. £700! She's a spoilt brat, so fucking clueless as to what other people are going through. Why not look for baby sensory classes, mother and baby groups, actually do things to stimulate your baby instead of sitting in your dressing gown/jumpers in your dirty house.

Seriously this girl needs a dose of reality. Fuck you Jodie

• Heart
Reactions: 17

OliviaPope

Hold on she's just said Terry was feeling symptomatic yesterday but yet she was at work today? And now she is positive too. I would be raging if she was my midwife!
You would be more raging if you turned up to your midwife appointment and the midwife didn’t turn up because their boyfriend was feeling ill.

• Haha

Homesweethomesweethome

Knowing she’s a midwife I find her stories quite frightening. She’s not supposed to know everything but her obvious bitterness about being a mother is really upsetting to watch. I’m still reeling from when when she said it’s not worth it the other day. It’s not easy but it is worth it, and to anyone reading here who is not a mum yet or pregnant for the first time: it is worth it. Utterly and completely worth it and even from someone who has been in the deep depths of post natal depression, Jodie’s bitterness is not normal at all, please don’t let this scare you.

• Heart
You would be more raging if you turned up to your midwife appointment and the midwife didn’t turn up because their boyfriend was feeling ill.
I agree with this. From what I can see, she’s followed all applicable rules and guidance. I feel sorry for her, she’s pregnant, possibly infected and clearly quite stressed about the potential impact on people she’s been close to in work.

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
I'm not a mum but there is way too much pressure put on breast feeding - she's clearly not enjoying it and only continuing because she's feeling this pressure, especially with her being a midwife.

Jodie, I know you read here - you gave it a good go but just give the kid a bottle and get your life (and your tits) back for fuck's sake. There's a reason Cow & Gate are millionaires!

• Heart

candyland_

VIP Member
I fail to see why she wants a holiday. Enjoy your patio that cost you a fortune last summer and stay local until he’s more settled 🤷🏼‍♀️

duggee_hug

Does anyone else feel very uncomfortable with her bath posts last night regarding breastfeeding?

She is a midwife and influencer, and I feel that she should know that there will be expectant and new mums watching that and thinking, well she is breaking at the seams, yet is telling the world breast is better (even though in the same sentence she says she doesn’t preach that and ‘fed is best’) and would rather burn out than increase formula or expressed milk feeding?!

It is just hypocrital. If you tell other Mums as a midwife ‘fed is best’ and would suggest to them expressing bottled milk/formula, why in the next sentence are you then saying, but ‘breast milk is the best’ and refuse to give yourself some inner peace. If I was a new Mum I’d think well stuff the formula then, this is a midwife saying all this and burn myself out too. If I had her as a midwife, with her telling me fed is best, then seeing that, I would feel like I’d given up too soon? Was the advice from her when she was caring for us wrong? I could go on…

And yes whilst there is evidence that breast fed babies get those antibodies the mother makes, formula is pretty awesome too. It kept my preemies alive whilst I was seriously ill after birth - they’re thriving now at Primary School and as healthy as can be!

I am truly for mums supporting mums during this journey, but that wasn’t supportive at all, that was a ‘formula isn’t good enough’. And I hope none of the brands offer her free bottles and milk when she doesn’t like giving it to her own child (you can hear it in her tone when she mentions she’s given him one). I hope no parent watches that and feels guilty for using formula, a happy mum makes a happy baby and yes fed is best - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT.

• Heart

EggyMeg

I used to really like Jodie, but over the last couple of years she's gone from being motivational and an inspiration when it came to getting things done in the house, to just moaning about all lifes (supposed) woes and generally just being negative about everything. For me, she's really missing the mark constantly complaining about her financials recently, it just takes me back to her monthly budgeting to pay off her credit card a couple of years ago - banging on about how she was struggling yet paying off £1000/month on top of her mortgage, bills and still saving. I think I would have less of a problem if she didn't preface this stuff with "Now, bear in mind I don't get paid a lot". It's all just solidified my opinion that she's clueless.

And, while I'm at it - I cannot stand that she says "just DM me" if you want to address something/talk/have something to say - well I've DM'ed her a number of times, she reads it and then just never replies.

I hope she cheers up once Baby arrives - and the bloody mice are gone!

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Emsie

VIP Member
We called it. Instead of fucking around buying book cases get some storage for that child. And a mum tip jody as I know you read here...
Keep a box in your kids room for there outgrown clothes. You can then put all the old clothes in one place and once its full, donate it or sell it. Saves throwing it about your mice ridden house.
A wiser, experienced mum told me that and I listened. I didn't pretend I knew everything, completely overwhelm myself and then moan to insta about it.

I don’t think you can call it greed. They work at the end of the day, they earn their money and she trained for a long time to earn that money. It is a humble brag on her part and completely tone deaf given the position a lot of women find themselves in when trying to start a family.

Emsie

VIP Member
I went through a heap of fertility problems, have cried endlessly over how badly I wanted a baby and have cried tears of joy over my pregnancy, and tears of worry when things haven’t been so smooth sailing, and I cry every time I see an ultrasound. I know my baby will be worth it.

The fact she’s been through loss and also fertility problems and can’t say Dust is worth it all, is so so so weird.
Can we be clear that she hasn't had fertility problems. She conceived quickly and unexpectedly the first time, granted it was a loss and with dusty she was ttc for about 8 months after a loss and was pregnant. That's fairly normal, even quick.
Good luck with your pregnancy though, I know exactly how you feel and they are so worth every sleepless night.

• Heart

Eilis117

She has never replied to anything I’ve sent so I gave up.
Had to lol at her saying she’d be slow getting back to DMs - does she ever rely to DMs? I had messaged her before too and replied to stories but never got anything back and don’t think she even read them.

• Haha
I quite like her. I think she comes across as a bit of a mean girl at times. I’ve never had a response to any messages I’ve sent but guess she’s busy working. My only real complaint is she doesn’t subtitle her stories so I never have a clue what’s she’s saying!

• Heart

Serious_Susan

VIP Member
£700 per month as personal spent whilst on Mat leave 😳😳😳😳 and she’s worried?!

Most people don’t have that with no kids working full time. In a bid to try and remain ‘shoestring’ she’s made herself look silly.

• Heart

ejhanson

Jodie… Fuck off talking about money.
Her reduced maternity leave pay. I'm sure she posted and she was still getting like £1.3k a month. I am on SMP only and get £600 a month, she actually really doesn't have a clue. If you can afford sky, Netflix etc like she said and go on a holiday you aren't struggling that much!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

candyland_

VIP Member
I can’t help but think of all the mothers that have needed her help and she’s quite obviously brushed them off.

• Heart

super grateful

I actually like her! I’ve messaged her and asked “how did you do that?” and she’s replied (a while ago before she got as big as she is now mind). She literally says look I’m doing this ad for money, thanks for watching. It’s not a hidden thing, I do wonder if the companies like that from her but hey, I like the honesty! I also enjoy that she has a real job and actually pays for things herself like us normal people. Yes she got a free sofa that I’ll be honest I don’t think entirely matches her living room but it’s not my house! If she likes it then good on her, enjoy that free sofa. And she has always been open about doing the reno herself/with partner/family help. I’d love it if my reno would move as quickly as hers but unfortunately myself and my partner can’t even paint neatly. I don’t usually stick up for influencers but I genuinely believe she isn’t one, her account took off and she’s using it to her advantage but isn’t letting it get to her head, giving up her job and living on 20 adverts a day and free holidays like some other threads I follow! Good on her.

Hmmm I can't make my mind up about Jodie. I do like her but did go off her when she done the Readly ad. Everyone and their granny was doing it on insta and it didn't seem authentic at all. Can't imagine anyone paying for online subscriptions when therrs a world full of reading online for free. Maybe that's just me.

I also think for a reno acc she should put the midwifery chat to one side.
With regards the Readly app, she had the ad on her grid and I commented that libraries offer pretty much the same content for free if you’re a member thinking it’d be deleted as it would take away from the subscription ad but she engaged with me and said it was a good point. So she’s not blindly flogging stuff and commenting because she’s been paid to.

I really like her and was so delighted for her when she paid off her first credit card. I’ve followed her for two or more years and the progress on their house has been slow so you know they’re paying for the majority themselves and her dad and fiancé do the vast majority of the work themselves. It’s not like they’re MOD and FOD who got gifted everything for their renovation

candyland_

VIP Member
It scares me that this women is a midwife 😂 I can hear her thinking ‘ffs just get on with it’ when any women has a problem.

Emslou22

For the most part I like Jodie, as a new time Mum I understand her struggles (not sure I fully understand her wanting to be quite as open as she is on Instagram but each to their own) but I do find it odd that for weeks and weeks all she has done is go on about her struggles with her newborn and how tough it all is, to suddenly open Instagram and see this ad portraying the complete opposite of what she has been telling us life has been recently. She never comes onto stories and says anything nice or positive about her baby unless it’s for an ad, and that doesn’t really sit well with me 😕

Last edited: