Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What did she think it was going to be like? She isn’t going to get 8 hours sleep a night and have a life like she did before. I think the comments are quite hurtful given how many people want children and can’t have them
Personally I think she's very selfish, accepting that as a mum your not going to get the same amount of sleep before you had children is a given. 🙄

Reactions: 7
I went through a heap of fertility problems, have cried endlessly over how badly I wanted a baby and have cried tears of joy over my pregnancy, and tears of worry when things haven’t been so smooth sailing, and I cry every time I see an ultrasound. I know my baby will be worth it.

The fact she’s been through loss and also fertility problems and can’t say Dust is worth it all, is so so so weird.
Can we be clear that she hasn't had fertility problems. She conceived quickly and unexpectedly the first time, granted it was a loss and with dusty she was ttc for about 8 months after a loss and was pregnant. That's fairly normal, even quick.
Good luck with your pregnancy though, I know exactly how you feel and they are so worth every sleepless night.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Can we be clear that she hasn't had fertility problems. She conceived quickly and unexpectedly the first time, granted it was a loss and with dusty she was ttc for about 8 months after a loss and was pregnant. That's fairly normal, even quick.
Good luck with your pregnancy though, I know exactly how you feel and they are so worth every sleepless night.
Ahh, the way she used to post made me think she’d been struggling. I started following after her loss, feeling a bit misled by her 😂

Reactions: 4
I don’t understand why should couldn’t have left the baby with her Mum while she went to the appointment (or even taken her mum with her to sit with him). She said she couldn’t leave him as he just wants the boob but then went on to say she was giving him formula when they got back as she’d had dairy so he can feed from a bottle. I’m sure her mum could’ve coped while she went to the app then?! 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Pretty sure it wasn't even 8 months. She miscarried over Christmas and was pregnant by about May. I remember thinking at the time that she was getting all in a tizz about ttc again so soon when it was just a month or two after losing her first.

I cant understand her. I'm going to have to unfollow. The baby is only tiny - of course he's not going to sleep yet. I've got a 5 year old who still doesn't sleep through. It's awful at the time so I do feel for her but it's so normal for most people. Even people I know who had babies who were good sleepers didn't sleep through until at least 6 months old. He is so little still

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She likes to have things to moan about and almost seems to causes the problems herself by avoiding perfectly reasonable easy ways out. He has formula? Ok so let Terry take over while you have a good sleep. He uses your boob for comfort? Try a dummy.
There is no pleasing people like Jodie because they have boring lives that they need something to moan about.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So unfair to make him scream like that just because she accidentally had diary. Also it’s fine to accidentally have something containing diary but she had cheese?! And he was with her so how did she forget?! It’s not like she was on a girls lunch without him and forgot. Strange. Once she realised she should’ve given him diary free formula. Last thing she should do is film his distress to post to the gram for #content

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She almost sounds cruel towards him. Maybe that’s a strong word but there’s some cold and somewhat nasty resentful tone towards him.

She said her own mum was the same blunt and nasty woman. I remember her mums comments being shocking towards her pregnant daughter.

Reactions: 8
Can’t believe she’s taken him to A&E when she’s a health care professional. They can’t do anything!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Wow I’ve just seen the stories. 8 hours screaming because she was selfish and had dairy.

I hope you feel guilty now Jodie.

Reactions: 6
Knowing she’s a midwife I find her stories quite frightening. She’s not supposed to know everything but her obvious bitterness about being a mother is really upsetting to watch. I’m still reeling from when when she said it’s not worth it the other day. It’s not easy but it is worth it, and to anyone reading here who is not a mum yet or pregnant for the first time: it is worth it. Utterly and completely worth it and even from someone who has been in the deep depths of post natal depression, Jodie’s bitterness is not normal at all, please don’t let this scare you.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My sister is having her first baby and Jodie’s stories make me so worried for mums to be or new mums that are watching her.

For one - if this is the kind of midwife they have I worry their support will be none existent and for them to see someone so horribly bitter is scary.

I’ve been a mum for a long time so I can 100% say it is worth every sleepless night and hard day/night and it will pass eventually. It’s totally normal to think what have I done at times but her attitude seems vile.

Reactions: 9
She’s obviously struggling which is very hard to see however if we can see it, are the people around her seeing it and more importantly doing something about it?
she’s putting unnecessary pressure on herself - breast feeding, booking a holiday although it doesn’t seem like they’re ready to leave the street yet alone the bloody country, expecting sleep routines because friends have baby’s who sleep.
She’s driving me insane with the constant moaning but as a new mum I also feel for her deeply. It’s bleeping hard, we all know that but something has to give and as a mum and as somebody who advocates do whatever the duck you want on this occasion I feel like just shaking Jodie and saying give the bleeping baby formula. It’s one less worry off your mind, you might just get a better sleep day or night. It’s starting to look like she’s resenting wanting a baby so much.
Perhaps those friends who’s baby’s are sleeping throughout the night can lend a bloody hand or some support at least because by god she needs it.

Reactions: 18
I think Jodie is really struggling, as a mother of 4 grown up children I really feel for her. I had what I call 3 perfect babies that were so easy, hardly any sleepless nights and just fitted in from the moment they arrived, you’d never know that I’d just had a baby as the house was so tidy. The 4th was a total shock to my system, she cried from the moment she was born, allergic to everything, never slept a full night until she was 6/7 years of age. I think when she said it wasn’t worth it, I don’t actually think that is her talking, I’m no professional but I think she may have PND, I truly loved my youngest but felt I didn’t like her, but looking back now it’s because I didn’t know how to ask for help as I felt like a failure having had 3 babies before her. It’s possible that she feels the same being a midwife and wanting to do what’s best for little Dusty and that is the reason for putting so much pressure on herself, and she will also be worried about her father who is unwell at the moment and seems to have a great bond with.

Having watched the post physio story from the car I agree that she is really struggling with the transition into motherhood. It’s hit her really hard. I hope she accesses the support she appears to need and can start to enjoy motherhood.

Reactions: 8
I have no sympathy. She’s not clueless, she knows exactly what to do to make Dusty and her life easier and yet she does the opposite and moans about after.

Reactions: 6
I'm not a mum but there is way too much pressure put on breast feeding - she's clearly not enjoying it and only continuing because she's feeling this pressure, especially with her being a midwife.

Jodie, I know you read here - you gave it a good go but just give the kid a bottle and get your life (and your tits) back for duck's sake. There's a reason Cow & Gate are millionaires!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The only person pressuring her is herself. Where’s Terry when she’s claiming to be awake 24/7 because I can’t imagine for a second he’s the type of man not to step in and try to help while she sleeps.

I’m sure as hell he will walk through the door after work and take him from bed straight away or pull his weight around the house.

Then she has a day where she’s all glammed up on insta and it’s a different story 🤷🏼‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.