Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jodie confuses me with her morals. Bangs on about clearing her debt which plenty of us have, but then goes on sprees and works with companies like Aldi special buys which is full of stuff no one really needs and then thanks us for watching the ads as it helps clear her debt. She’s become really irritating.

Rant over thanks for listening, it helps clear my mental load debt 😆

Reactions: 6
Totally agree! I’m glad someone made a tread about her. Bangs on about clearing debt and budgeting money but then happy to promote for her followers to spend money! Ad ad ad that’s all she’s been recently! She’s totally changed

Reactions: 3
I've been waiting to see if someone would start a thread. I cant decide how I feel about her. I love the house but there's something about her ..

Reactions: 5
I love her house, and I used to love her... now not so sure. I get taking on ads to pay off her debt, fair play for getting to a position where she can and using it to her advantage, but like you say the Aldi spree has me questioning things. Will be interesting to see if the ads continue once the debt is paid off, I have a feeling it’ll be then used to pay for x y z....

She’s already moaning on insta after 3 tattle posts 🤣 must be avidly searching for her name on here

Reactions: 6
She’s moaning over a thread with four comments? 😂

She would never have bought those items from her aldi ad if it wasn’t paid for.

Reactions: 2
I think she’s quite entitled; she’s obviously got money to have bought the house (next door to her parents), holiday in Disneyland and then Budapest not long after and pay off £6k debt in under a year.

Reactions: 4
She’s missed the free sofa off her list. Didn’t she ask dfs for that 1.5k sofa and they just gave her it?

Reactions: 5
I quite like her actually - she is pretty transparent in comparison to all other instagrammers. She does have a reasonably good salary (compared to average UK salaries) but I think she's raised taboo issues that most people wouldn't speak about when we should (ie debt, babies etc). I get that people get annoyed when they do ads though but I don't think she's done that many at all and the ones I've seen were related to her page, unless I've missed them due to the algorithms?

Reactions: 32
I don’t know how they afford that house, the Reno, the upcoming wedding and have £1000 a month spare to pay off debt. I couldn’t even dream of a house that expensive, let alone as a first home. But I have no issue with the ads, they’re clearly marked, aren’t every other post and I’d do the same tbh.

I don’t know how they afford that house, the Reno, the upcoming wedding and have £1000 a month spare to pay off debt. I couldn’t even dream of a house that expensive, let alone as a first home. But I have no issue with the ads, they’re clearly marked, aren’t every other post and I’d do the same tbh.

Reactions: 4
Hi Jodie, the whole point of my post was that I don’t think you’re being transparent. You bang on about not earning much as a midwife yet seem to have disposable income to pay off debts, a heavy mortgage and holidays!

Reactions: 1
I have followed Jodie from the beginning and in a sea of fakeness and greed, I find her stance on being an 'influencer' refreshing. She doesn't shove tit down everyone's throats, she has only done ads that are relevant to her/her account and has done them in an interesting way. Remember that her salary is a London one so she will be on the higher wage (still nowhere near enough if you ask me) and she is really frugal when food shopping so I imagine it's very easy to pay off debts that she's set her mind to pay off. I don't see an issue with her ads at all 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 42
I really like Jody. She’s refreshing, honest and has an actual job. The adds she’s done have been relevant and used towards paying off her debt? I don’t see what’s not transparent about that?

Reactions: 31
I’m also in the I like Jodie boat - compared to other “influencers” she’s a breath of fresh air and completely transparent. I was chuffed for her getting adverts so she could help pay off her debt. She seems a really genuine person aswell.

Reactions: 25
It’s not just the Ads though is it? It’s the free sofas and wedding dresses etc that’s when they lose the interest of their followers. Fair enough she said the wedding dress was from a competition but really? They probably picked her because of her followers.

Also I forgot to say, just because she was talking about this tattle thread doesn’t mean she’s searching for a thread about her - maybe one of her friends/colleagues is on here and made her aware. I’m sure not every insta mum/blogger/influencer gives a tit about threads about them on here.

Just to be clear, my post wasn’t intended to be negative, and I’m sorry if that’s how it’s been interpreted. Perhaps I could have worded it better. Well done for getting to a position where you’re lucky enough to be able to pay off your debt by doing ads, I would love to be able to do that! All I had intended to question was whether once the debt is paid off the ads will continue

Another Jodie follower. I like the fact that she’s a normal person, she tells you she’s in debt.....How many influencers would tell you that? How many live off a credit card? Jodie comes across as likeable and relatable - buying second hand furniture and doing DIY to keep costs down. She hasn’t done many ADs compared to other big names and is always clear when she does.

Reactions: 19
It’s not just the Ads though is it? It’s the free sofas and wedding dresses etc that’s when they lose the interest of their followers. Fair enough she said the wedding dress was from a competition but really? They probably picked her because of her followers.
Didn’t she get the dress because of working for the NHS, I think it was a lovely thing for the company to do and they did it for many other NHS workers if I can remember correctly. Not everything is a conspiracy. I really like Jodie, I’m not gonna be upset that a big company gave her a sofa, compared to other instagrammers I think she’s quite transparent and doing what’s best by her which isn’t always a bad thing.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.