Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know if I’m in the minority but I had all these things sorted before my kids were born. If they weren’t already purchased I knew exactly what ones I would be going for when the time came.
also she has friends with babies - ask them. But then she wouldn’t get them for free would she?!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My suggestion is search on google - or is she on the beg for free monitors now ??
Yep she begged for a free sofa … got it but gave it sold it and now got two second hand ones !! Boils my piss what these influencers do . It’s so wrong .

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone else feel very uncomfortable with her bath posts last night regarding breastfeeding?

She is a midwife and influencer, and I feel that she should know that there will be expectant and new mums watching that and thinking, well she is breaking at the seams, yet is telling the world breast is better (even though in the same sentence she says she doesn’t preach that and ‘fed is best’) and would rather burn out than increase formula or expressed milk feeding?!

It is just hypocrital. If you tell other Mums as a midwife ‘fed is best’ and would suggest to them expressing bottled milk/formula, why in the next sentence are you then saying, but ‘breast milk is the best’ and refuse to give yourself some inner peace. If I was a new Mum I’d think well stuff the formula then, this is a midwife saying all this and burn myself out too. If I had her as a midwife, with her telling me fed is best, then seeing that, I would feel like I’d given up too soon? Was the advice from her when she was caring for us wrong? I could go on…

And yes whilst there is evidence that breast fed babies get those antibodies the mother makes, formula is pretty awesome too. It kept my preemies alive whilst I was seriously ill after birth - they’re thriving now at Primary School and as healthy as can be!

I am truly for mums supporting mums during this journey, but that wasn’t supportive at all, that was a ‘formula isn’t good enough’. And I hope none of the brands offer her free bottles and milk when she doesn’t like giving it to her own child (you can hear it in her tone when she mentions she’s given him one). I hope no parent watches that and feels guilty for using formula, a happy mum makes a happy baby and yes fed is best - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Does anyone else feel very uncomfortable with her bath posts last night regarding breastfeeding?

She is a midwife and influencer, and I feel that she should know that there will be expectant and new mums watching that and thinking, well she is breaking at the seams, yet is telling the world breast is better (even though in the same sentence she says she doesn’t preach that and ‘fed is best’) and would rather burn out than increase formula or expressed milk feeding?!

It is just hypocrital. If you tell other Mums as a midwife ‘fed is best’ and would suggest to them expressing bottled milk/formula, why in the next sentence are you then saying, but ‘breast milk is the best’ and refuse to give yourself some inner peace. If I was a new Mum I’d think well stuff the formula then, this is a midwife saying all this and burn myself out too. If I had her as a midwife, with her telling me fed is best, then seeing that, I would feel like I’d given up too soon? Was the advice from her when she was caring for us wrong? I could go on…

And yes whilst there is evidence that breast fed babies get those antibodies the mother makes, formula is pretty awesome too. It kept my preemies alive whilst I was seriously ill after birth - they’re thriving now at Primary School and as healthy as can be!

I am truly for mums supporting mums during this journey, but that wasn’t supportive at all, that was a ‘formula isn’t good enough’. And I hope none of the brands offer her free bottles and milk when she doesn’t like giving it to her own child (you can hear it in her tone when she mentions she’s given him one). I hope no parent watches that and feels guilty for using formula, a happy mum makes a happy baby and yes fed is best - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT.
Tbh watching her last night I did think I’m now at the stage where I’m about to unfollow her for stuff like this. This stage of her life is just no longer what I’m here for.
Give yourself a break Jodie. If you don’t like or enjoy BF just move onto bottles. When they grow up quite literally no one knows or even cares who was BF and who was bottle fed.

Reactions: 17
Tbh watching her last night I did think I’m now at the stage where I’m about to unfollow her for stuff like this. This stage of her life is just no longer what I’m here for.
Give yourself a break Jodie. If you don’t like or enjoy BF just move onto bottles. When they grow up quite literally no one knows or even cares who was BF and who was bottle fed.
precisely

Reactions: 6
She was never going to enjoy breastfeeding because she finds a problem with literally everything. Fed is best, if it’s not working out use formula. Nobody cares how anyone else feeds their baby. It’s all her, she will have something to moan about all the time. She is draining. Terry deserves a medal for living with her.

She’s a snob. Formula isn’t good enough (.. but she will feed him the odd one when it suits). Disposable nappies aren’t good enough (.. but she’s still using a few a day).

Stop looking down your nose at these things Jodie, it doesn’t make you a better parent. I used formula and Pampers from day 1 and I had the happiest baby meaning I was happy too.

I can’t imagine she is a very compassionate midwife to be honest.

Reactions: 8
I hope she's speaking to the professionals and is trying to hear their advice as a new mother rather than as a midwife, but from her account I'd take a guess that she's brushing them off and just pushing on trying to do everything the "right way". At the end of the day he is still going to grow up refusing to eat anything other beigie food and crisps 🤣

If this was me with my baby, my partner would step in and tell me to stop being a dick and do what's best for both the baby and ME as I matter too. A physically and mentally exhausted mum is no good to anyone 💔

• Heart
I hope she's speaking to the professionals and is trying to hear their advice as a new mother rather than as a midwife, but from her account I'd take a guess that she's brushing them off and just pushing on trying to do everything the "right way". At the end of the day he is still going to grow up refusing to eat anything other beigie food and crisps 🤣

If this was me with my baby, my partner would step in and tell me to stop being a dick and do what's best for both the baby and ME as I matter too. A physically and mentally exhausted mum is no good to anyone 💔
I imagine Terry wants to do more feeding wise, he appears quite hands on. I reckon he’s tried to offer bottle night feeds to no avail. And if she doesn’t allow the help, she’ll end up resenting the baby. You can tell when she says he is on me ALL the time with detest in her voice. Share the load, it won’t make you a bad Mum!

Reactions: 10
I imagine Terry wants to do more feeding wise, he appears quite hands on. I reckon he’s tried to offer bottle night feeds to no avail. And if she doesn’t allow the help, she’ll end up resenting the baby. You can tell when she says he is on me ALL the time with detest in her voice. Share the load, it won’t make you a bad Mum!
She definitely seems touched out. Which most of us probably would be if you were feeding so much.
But some of it can be avoided. Hopefully soon she’ll understand that it a. Doesn’t last forever and b. She has other feeding options

Reactions: 4
These are all really sensible comments. 😊Jodie will likely have access to services and help from her colleagues if she really needed it (more so than most of the mums who gave birth in the pandemic myself included) She should consider these for him and herself without feeling the need to over share. Fed and sleep is best.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She is a qualified midwife - if she doesnt know what to do then there is no hope for none of us

She is a qualified midwife - if she doesnt know what to do then there is no hope for none of us
When the time comes for her to return to work, she seriously needs to sit down and think is this truly the career for her? Because no Mum is going to trust what she says when she doesn’t even believe the words that come out her mouth either. I would be second guessing every bit of advice thinking does she genuinely mean this or is it all a facade for her job?

I also think a break away from Instagram would do her the world of good, or use the account for what it was originally intended for: D.I.Y. home renovation.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have been quietly reading this thread because I didn’t want to wade in when she’s just had a baby and maybe I’m projecting my own experience a bit too much towards her but how the duck has she been advising and supporting women on her visits when it’s only dawned on her how hard it is? How on Earth was she able to advise on issues with babies when she has no idea why they could be unsettled? How embarrassing to suddenly realise how hard babies can be when it’s your literal job?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.