Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hugo

Ken Barlow needs to be careful though. If he stays in Corrie any longer he's in danger of being typecast.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 105
Is there any positive celeb gossip that defies the expected trope of a celeb being a dick?

Like is there any celeb that has a reputation for being awful but actually is a well adjusted human?

I need heart warming stories please
I was on holiday in Egypt years and years ago and got split up from my hubby going through security. I had my 1 year old in a buggy and got all in a flap trying to put the buggy down to go through the scanner and keep hold of the baby, as well as the 10,000 bags I seemed to have hanging off me.... anyway, some bloke behind asked if I needed some help. Took the buggy off me, put it through the scanner. Helped me with my bags. Then held the baby while I put myself back to rights.
I was sweating like a pig, leaking milk (🤮) and he was gorgeous! Turns out to be Callum Best

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 93

BunnyLebowski

VIP Member
Not the greatest gossip but here it goes...

My mum was at the opening for the local Co-op in about 1980. Noel Edmonds was there. “Excuse me! If anyone touches, talks or even looks at me, I’ll leave”.
They couldn’t have cared less apparently.
OMG that reminds me. When I was working in Primrose Hill, Les Dennis Wrote us a letter saying he’d recently moved into the area and if he comes in, not to bother him for autographs! We were like.....yeah you sad twat, we’ll tell Jude Law not to bother you....tragic fucking bellend.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 78

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Any goss on Jess Glynne these days?
I know from experience she’s a horror so I relish additional tea :ROFLMAO:
I don't know if anyone else heard Graham Norton on Radio 2 a couple of weeks ago - he played Jess Glynne's Christmas song which was dreadful. When it finished he was very quiet then said something like - 'What can I say. I have to play it - it's on the playlist'.

He must really dislike her to be so open - usually he seems very diplomatic about people.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

Chardonny

Why must it be flattering? It’s a new life announcement. Women don’t owe the world pretty.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

freda19

VIP Member
From elsewhere, but it's nice.

I met Renee Zellweger and she was so much kinder than I ever could have imagined. This was when hurricane Harvey hit Texas. I was working at Austin Pets Alive and we took in thousands of animals from hard hit areas. It was insane. One day Renee Zellweger just showed up to volunteer. No warning, no fanfare. In fact, the only reason I noticed her is that she was wearing long sleeves and long pants and it was august in Texas. She spent a week volunteering. She did laundry, cleaned out poop covered crates, and drove vans of dogs from Houston to Austin (not a pleasant job with the smell and the barking). ... she was truly amazing. So so nice and hardworking. The laundry room was next to my office so we became friendly over the week she was there. There are multiple news articles about this so it’s legit. Forever a fan.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
I prefer my philanthropists to be less 'show offie' . Paul Getty was a good example, he hated the limelight, but happy to give millions to good causes. He was given a knighthood, and apparently he was going to say no, but his wife and Margaret Thatcher pushed him into accepting it, so people knew what causes that he supporting.
George Michael was another quietly altruistic soul. Bless him. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Priceless

Just goes to show that for all his money and designer gear he is just a bitter and dodgy chav.
Lewis Hamilton lives in a tax haven and parties with Philip Green. Neither of them should have got a knighthood imo. The only people deserving of honours this year imo are people who've contributed during the pandemic- people who have raised money, helped others, medical professionals and the scientists who developed the vaccine. No one else deserves anything, at least this year. The honours system is crap anyway.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

Exhausted Pigeon

VIP Member
Clearing up the giant pringles box tonight and noticed it said on the side 'Not just for eating'. We know, thanks to a certain Danielle Lloyd, don't we tattlers? 👀

Happy New Year 🥂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59

Columbo

VIP Member
I was on holiday in Egypt years and years ago and got split up from my hubby going through security. I had my 1 year old in a buggy and got all in a flap trying to put the buggy down to go through the scanner and keep hold of the baby, as well as the 10,000 bags I seemed to have hanging off me.... anyway, some bloke behind asked if I needed some help. Took the buggy off me, put it through the scanner. Helped me with my bags. Then held the baby while I put myself back to rights.
I was sweating like a pig, leaking milk (🤮) and he was gorgeous! Turns out to be Callum Best
I also have a Callum Best story, he helped my elderly Auntie cross the road in London and then carried her shopping to the bus stop for her. She's originally from Belfast, she recognised him and said you're George Best's son, he just laughed and said yeah and couldn't have been nicer by all accounts.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
What the fuck has Derek Beckham done for the country? He's a self serving cunt that can't keep his cock in his pants and just happens to have made tons of money. Every good deed he has ever done has been for one reason only - to improve his public image.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55

JakeM

VIP Member
Not the greatest gossip but here it goes...

My mum was at the opening for the local Co-op in about 1980. Noel Edmonds was there. “Excuse me! If anyone touches, talks or even looks at me, I’ll leave”.
They couldn’t have cared less apparently.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54

xLJ03x

Chatty Member
Is there any positive celeb gossip that defies the expected trope of a celeb being a dick?

Like is there any celeb that has a reputation for being awful but actually is a well adjusted human?

I need heart warming stories please
I don’t know if he has a reputation of being a dick, but I used to work in a Nightclub and Mike Tindall (Queens Grandson-in-law) came in with a bunch of rugby lads. He was so lovely to all the bar staff, and stayed behind after closing time and came to each bar to personally thank each member of staff for making them feel welcome. He just had such a lovely, friendly manner about him. This was not the case for a lot of other first team rugby players, trust me!

Reactions: 50

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
I think the Hilaria thing is well Hilarious! For years she has claimed she was Spanish only to be found to be full in American. As for speaking Spanish I think after Chinese it’s the most widely spoken language in the world and let’s not forget that in America you have the Latino community. So speaking Spanish is quite normal in America.
Here’s the thing, if she wants to be Spanish, so be it and who am I to judge.... but I do find it very strange.
Do you think Alec Baldwin knew? Like it’s been their big secret
Liars always get caught out and I guarantee its not the only lie she's told. It'll be the tip of the ice berg.

My ex told me when we first met that he was born in London and briefly lived in Borehamwood (where my dad's family live).

Turned out he was born and raised in Bedford and never even went to Borehamwood!?! When we went to visit my family, my uncle's wife realised she and my boyfriend were the same age and the school was small, so she would have remembered him, but didn't.

Anyhoo, almost a year into our relationship, we were booking a holiday. I was on the phone on my lunch break at work to the travel agent and she asked for his DOB, as it was his birthday soon, I had a brain fart about what year he was born. So asked the travel agent to hold while I rang my boyfriend. Cut a long story short, he'd lied about his age, knocked 4 years off and was about to turn 40. I was so humiliated as my workmates heard this all unfold and thought it was hilarious.

I didn't care that he was actually 8 years older than me, I cared about the fact that he lied.

We had a big talk, I told him to come clean about any other lies and we could move on afresh. He said there was nothing else.

Four years into the relationship, after I caught him out over a silly lie we had a row and I found out his biggest lie, he said he didn't have children. Turns out he had a 12 year old daughter he didn't see. Of course he lied about why that was, turns out he just couldn't be arsed.

I couldn't trust him. Ended it.

Maybe Alec will do the same with Hillary.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

Base2019

VIP Member
Happy for Professor Green! It must have been a major kick in the nuts to see Millie get back with Hugo, get married again so quickly and have a baby. He deserves all the happiness

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Restless Native

VIP Member
Jealousy is an awful trait. But I'm insanely jealous of this celebs and z-lebs having lots of holidays this year.

Talk about rub it in our faces, those of us that work hard, follow the rules, have cancelled holidays, lost jobs and wonder when we can next afford (and be safely allowed) to lie on a lounger feeling the sun on our skin.

Selfish wankers.

My niece is a stunningly beautiful girl in her 20s. But over the last three years, she's been morphing into a TOWIE knock-off, horrible duck lips, big mad eyebrows, ridiculously long ratty hair extensions, tons of pouty selfies on Insta... I don't mean to sound bitchy, as it's not meant that way, I just genuinely lament as she was naturally stunning and has morphed into the indentikit bimbo look.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a bit of self improvement, especially when you feel it's genuinely needed. At the risk of sounding hugely hypocritical, I have hair extensions, false nails, eyebrow tattoos and hair dyed blonde. The difference is I've gone for very subtle (just past the shoulder) hair extensions, natural colour and shaped nails, very light brows and highlights in my hair. Most people are surprised if they learn I fake those things. As I still look like average old me, just an ever so slightly less knackered version. Also, my nails and hair have always been thin and I've no eyebrows left thanks to the 90s!

Maybe I'm old, I can't see the appeal of the Chloe Ferry, The Kardashian, Katie Price look. It makes these young women look so much older and they are always far prettier before they started all this work on themselves.
I wouldnt say I'm jealous of someone going on these fancy holidays to shove fish up some rich sheikhs bum or wank off a camel tbh

• Haha
  • Heart

Reverend

VIP Member
My two pence regarding Hamilton.

There is someone in F1 who should get a Knighthood and hasn't had one, is a man called Adrian Newey. Who? Well he was the man who designed the Williams F1 car that took Mansell, Prost, Hill and Villeneuve to the F1 championship. He quit Williams after they sacked Hill (they did win with Villeneuve, but with a car he had designed before he left), and he went to McLaren where they won 3 championships. He then moved onto Red Bull Racing, (which a couple of years before had been the joke of F1 - Jaguar Racing), who won 5 championships.

Now, he hasn't won every year he has been in F1, as there are other talented designers, and sometimes the engine powering his car is not the best, but he always provides a brilliant car.

• Heart