Secret Celeb Gossip #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've got one. I think I've told it here months ago though. But I interviewed Johnny Borrell from Razorlight a few years ago at a festival, they were headlining.

I've heard countless times that he's meant to be an arse.

Anyway, I did other artist interviews that day and the festival PR then said Razorlight weren't doing interviews after all. So once I'd done my last one, I hit the bar and watched the live music. I was off duty after all.

Unfortunately, I played catch-up with my friends a bit too quick and as I'd been working all day, I'd barely eaten. Long story short... I got absolutely shitfaced.

Just as Razorlight were finishing their set, the PR lady called me and said to get backstage now as Johnny Borrell would give me a five minute interview. I was so drunk that I stupidly agreed.

I could barely stand, needed help walking, was slurring and asked the poor bugger the same question over and over again. He was very polite and patient, nothing like he was previously portrayed. My boyfriend was looking through his fingers at my car crash unfolding. It was just awful.

I can't bring myself to listen to that interview again. It's a total cringe-fest for me. Horrible. Makes my toes curl with embarrassment.

Being the classy bird I am, I had to get my boyfriend pull over on the way home to be sick. When I got home, I crashed out on the kitchen floor, face down in a Superman pose. That was the first time my boyfriend ever saw me that drunk.

There's been other times since. Similar situation, working all day at a festival and playing catch-up on the booze. I fell asleep absolutely wankered during Slipknot at Download Festival last year. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Here's some of bands I've interviewed that were lovely:
Feeder - Funny, lovely gentlemen.
Scouting for Girls - An absolute scream and offered me gin from their rider for when I finished work. I declined, but they were diamonds.
L7 - Quite hard work, but once warmed up, really great fun and chatty.
Chas and Dave - Just wonderful. Chas Hodges was so sweet, really humble, chatty, warm and a dream to talk to. Loved him.
Oh baby girl I think we sound like friends that haven’t met yet 😩🤣🤣
Amazing story!

Also speaking of slipknot. Not a “fan” aside from when I was 13 and asked for their album for my bday cos it was “cool”. HOWEVER - they were pne of the first shows I worked at a music venue and on the 3rd night I thought Yano what lemme go see what the craic is in the auditorium, see what these lot are doing.

SLIPKNOT ARE INSANNNEEE PERFORMERS that is all

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Noel Edmonds is an absolute pleasure to meet. My mum tripped in front of him, he steadied her, sat her in his car, made sure she was okay etc. She raved about this " canny fella" for ages( Geordie exression). When I said who was it, she said crinkly bottom bloke!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The Hilaria Baldwin saga is the light hearted lunacy we all needed 😁
Am loving this Hilario car crash! 😂
Just watched her IG response to Amy’s joke post on IG, and Hilaria continues the charade of ‘not quite understanding the joke’ and having to have it translated!
It’s toe curling stuff.😳
What a phoney!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Noel Edmonds is an absolute pleasure to meet. My mum tripped in front of him, he steadied her, sat her in his car, made sure she was okay etc. She raved about this " canny fella" for ages( Geordie exression). When I said who was it, she said crinkly bottom bloke!!!!
i have also met Noel Edmonds and he was lovely!

Reactions: 3
Is there any positive celeb gossip that defies the expected trope of a celeb being a dick?

Like is there any celeb that has a reputation for being awful but actually is a well adjusted human?

I need heart warming stories please
I don’t know if he has a reputation of being a dick, but I used to work in a Nightclub and Mike Tindall (Queens Grandson-in-law) came in with a bunch of rugby lads. He was so lovely to all the bar staff, and stayed behind after closing time and came to each bar to personally thank each member of staff for making them feel welcome. He just had such a lovely, friendly manner about him. This was not the case for a lot of other first team rugby players, trust me!

Reactions: 50
I bet “Not Sir” David Beckham’s keyboard has melted this morning 😂😂😂
"I've had PR Teams working tirelessly for 5 years now, ploughed millions into creating a positive image, suppressing any negative press....I can't buy a bleeping knighthood".

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I don’t know if he has a reputation of being a dick, but I used to work in a Nightclub and Mike Tindall (Queens Grandson-in-law) came in with a bunch of rugby lads. He was so lovely to all the bar staff, and stayed behind after closing time and came to each bar to personally thank each member of staff for making them feel welcome. He just had such a lovely, friendly manner about him. This was not the case for a lot of other first team rugby players, trust me!
My dad used to work at a university. He mentioned that the undergraduate rugger team there were somewhat a somewhat problematic bunch!

Reactions: 2
“ both ordinary boys fans weren’t in the country at the time” “ did you write the album?” “ all but songs 1,3,5,7,8,9” “ yeah course you did” “ well you can’t go on celebrity big brother and get away with it”
I do t know what he thought was going to happen on the show tbh. They are renowned for ripping it out of the guests. Let alone one that’s been on cbb
‘Let’s be clear that Europe has a lot of white people in there’? WTAF?

The woman is certifiable.

But he wasn’t mocking Preston, he was mocking his wife. And Preston didn’t ‘throw a tantrum’, he walked off set.

Reactions: 6
Is there any positive celeb gossip that defies the expected trope of a celeb being a dick?

Like is there any celeb that has a reputation for being awful but actually is a well adjusted human?

I need heart warming stories please
I don’t know if he counts as celeb but I met ray quinn a couple of times and he was charming/perfectly pleasant and v down to Earth, asking what I did and actually listening to the answer

Reactions: 8
I don’t know if he counts as celeb but I met ray quinn a couple of times and he was charming/perfectly pleasant and v down to Earth, asking what I did and actually listening to the answer
I used to really like Ray Quinn but I saw him in panto a couple of years ago and he was a massive letdown! He clearly couldn’t be bothered to be there. It was between Christmas and new year to be fair so he might have been over it by then but we were upset.

Reactions: 4
I used to really like Ray Quinn but I saw him in panto a couple of years ago and he was a massive letdown! He clearly couldn’t be bothered to be there. It was between Christmas and new year to be fair so he might have been over it by then but we were upset.
Oh dear! Was that around the time he spilt with his wife? I’ve never seen him in panto tbf!

Reactions: 2
I can only imagine his reaction his reaction when he learned that Lewis Hamilton has got one before him 😂
Yes and there’s this too,note the strange wording His ex PA and lover but she doesn’t regret the alleged affair. Hmmmmmmm.

My dad used to work at a university. He mentioned that the undergraduate rugger team there were somewhat a somewhat problematic bunch!
I live in a city where Rugby is the number 1 sport and all who play for the club are put on a massive pedestal. So they have huge ego’s and think they can go around and do what they like. I can honestly say, there is probably about 3 in 5 years I met who were genuinely nice. The rest were asses!

Reactions: 7
Does anyone know why David Beckham keeps being passed over fo knighthood? He’s done a fair amount for the country and for sport

• Haha
Does anyone know why David Beckham keeps being passed over fo knighthood? He’s done a fair amount for the country and for sport
I would guess it's because he's got such a sense of entitlement about it - it's one of those things that shouldn't be expected and his ranting about it hasn't made him look good. If I was him, even if I did get one, I'd worry that it was only because I'd thrown my toys out of the pram about not having one.

Reactions: 30
Yes and there’s this too,note the strange wording His ex PA and lover but she doesn’t regret the alleged affair. Hmmmmmmm.
I remember Sharon Osbourne attacking Rebecca on Celebrity X Factor, or whatever it is was. I know she kissed and told and I'm not defending that but I notice she got most of the hate and Beckham came out of it relatively unscathed.

Reactions: 27
I remember Sharon Osbourne attacking Rebecca on Celebrity X Factor, or whatever it is was. I know she kissed and told but I notice she got most of the hate and Beckham came out of it relatively unscathed.
Similar to when Edwina Currie was attacked when she revealed that she and John Major had had an affair. She was burnt in effigy on bonfires (no really). Even if you can say that she shouldn't have admitted it, both were at fault for it, and in my opinion, It's blatant sexism really

Reactions: 24
I remember Sharon Osbourne attacking Rebecca on Celebrity X Factor, or whatever it is was. I know she kissed and told and I'm not defending that but I notice she got most of the hate and Beckham came out of it relatively unscathed.
They talked about it on that Celebrity program on bbc2. One of the contributors basically said that Posh and Becks were SO well loved at the time that no matter what anyone said about them the public just wouldn’t have wanted to hear it. Rebecca Loos basically got screwed over because she was never going to be embraced when trying to ruin the Beckhams!

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.