Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sourlemon

Chatty Member
6 months on saxenda and I’ve now lost 5 stone! Didn’t know there was a thread, hey all 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 27

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I take mine in the morning when I finish work at about 7/7:30am and then go to bed. It hasn’t stopped me sleeping thankfully. I’ve always done it that way unless I’ve been off work when i sometimes take it a bit later.

I’ve lost 60lbs now since July, and down to a size 12/14 from 22. Even if I only lose 1-2lb a week or maintain for the week I feel the changes in how my clothes are fitting so I know it’s still working. It’s really been life changing for me.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
If anyone needs some Monday morning inspiration to keep going or take the leap and start. These work trousers used to dig in to me in July when I started, and I’d actually started wearing jeans for comfort instead.

6295AD92-C752-4093-BBF5-E8AA52E528B9.jpeg

The bigger pic is how far they fall if I don’t hold them 😂 glad I had leggings underneath!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
How’s everyone getting on?

I went shopping yesterday as I had nothing left that fits and was starting to look like a scruff in my baggy clothes. Everything I bought was a comfortable fitting 16 - down from a tight fitting 22 in July. 12/14 is my ‘happy place’ as I end up looking ill if I go any smaller and it starts to impact my long term health condition. It feels like it’s in touching distance now.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

coleywoley

This morning saw me hit my 28lb loss after 4 months on saxenda. I am absolutely delighted - I have never been able to sustain weight loss for any time previously. In that time, I have been away on holiday/short breaks 4 times , had several weddings and plenty of nights out and in with friends. To make it to a whole 28lbs despite all that is honestly so huge for me. I would like to drop another 14lbs and see how I feel then. Still, my main side effect is constipation - once I am down another stone I am planning on coming off saxenda and maintaining with calorie counting.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

coleywoley

Everyone’s disappeared with the new thread 🤣🙈.
Week 6 weigh in for me - 1lb off. 16.5lbs total loss. 🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 12

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
Ended up hospitalised with pancreatitis and doctors have said the jags are to blame and I am no longer to use them. Blah!!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12

Hodgies

Chatty Member
I have bitten the bullet and ordered 5 pens. After yet another holiday where I've been in pain, having to sit constantly when out walking and physically killing myself to keep up with my family I know I need to do something.

My BMI is scarily high and I end up caught in a cycle of calorie counting and cutting down (not even that low as for my weight I still get a decent amount of calories per day) then finding myself so hungry that I eat a load of rubbish in the evening. To not be thinking of food constantly or having that feeling of needing to eat sounds amazing so I'm hopeful it'll work for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

hereforalaugh38

I’ve decided to stop it now, lost 3 stone so happy with that. Would like to try and go it alone, I’ll report back on life post saxenda! Going Keto as I’d like to lose a few more lbs

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m really proud of losing 5 stone. I had taken a break when I’d got really ill, (NOT saxenda related) but I really have lost my mojo about going back on them. It’s so hard to see the weight loss in myself too which I think is just making me feel even more bleh.
I need the motivation to kick it up again 😬
5 stone is a fucking wonderful loss. You should be proud. It’s difficult to see losses in ourselves because we see ourselves every day.

• Heart

coleywoley

So, lil’ update from me. Still constipated, still trying to work out how to best combat it - no other side effects whatsoever though so I am going with it.
As of this morning, I am 20.5lbs down in 8 weeks - I am absolutely thrilled with that - my brothers wedding is around 4 weeks away and I would LOVE to get to that 28lbs mark by then 🤞🏼

• Heart
Little update - I’ve given up. For whatever reason , it just doesn’t agree with me and I can’t withstand the side effects, I have been so unwell it’s a joke.
I thought I could do it this around knowing what the side effects are like, but I really can’t. It’s been too much.
So pens have been thrown in the bin and it’s back to the drawing board! Gutted but already feel better today by not having todays jab.

I hope you all have loads more success than me - there are so many fantastic success stories with Saxenda, that it most definitely works for a lot of people. x

• Heart
  • Sad

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Definitely! Thank you.

When I lost a lot of weight previously the best visual tool I had was taking pics of my new clothes against the old clothes because you never really see the changes so clearly in the mirror. It really kept me motivated. So this is new jeans that fit perfectly vs work trousers that were getting snug. 😱

Attachments

• Heart

coleywoley

Weighed this morning and I have lost a total of 26lbs or just under 12kgs since 4th April. I am honestly delighted and feeling great. Started off at 14st 10lbs and this morning I weight 12st 12lbs.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
4lbs down this week. Went up to 3mg over the weekend and had no horrible side effects so far. I was dreading it after the step to 2.4mg was so awful but this has been fine.

36lb down in 12 weeks now 😊

• Heart
  • Wow

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Just finished my 4th pen. Still at 1.8mg. 25lbs down in 7 weeks. Only had a 0.5lb loss in week 6 but I was barely eating due to a lot of stress in my life. Upped my food and water intake in week 7, even had some chocolate one day and saw a 4lb loss again.

For me it’s worth every penny so far and I’m so glad I found this thread (and the previous one) to learn about Saxenda. I’ve got 6 more pens in the fridge so looking forward to seeing how the next few weeks go.

• Heart

coleywoley

So tomorrow marks 12 weeks on saxenda for me, I have lost a total of 23.5lbs which I am very very happy with.

• Heart

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
A few observations from my first while on Saxenda as my experiences seem to be a bit different from others:

- I am still definitely hungry but it’s a nice hunger that makes me look forward to a nice dinner rather than ravenous where I’ll pick at rubbish before a meal. I assume this is what normal people feel like that dont
- I am not snacking whatsoever
- I have always had a sweet tooth and I’ve barely eaten a single sweet thing since starting - no chocolate whatsoever and no sweets
- I am extremely thirsty and drinking a lot of water and tea
- My breath is bloody terrible 😂
- I am sick when I don’t eat for more than 12 hours but if I stick to meal times I have absolutely no side effects apart from the bad breath
- Where I’ve dieted before I’ve constantly been thinking about food in terms of planning meals, thinking in advance about dinners etc but I find I’m barely thinking about food at all

Overall about 10lbs down in just over a week which is decent going and long may it continue.

• Heart

SingingMonkeyTunes

Week 20 I have lost 5lbs which is the biggest loss I've had since my first week woohoo. Not sure how that's happened so will take with a pinch of salt especially in this weather ☀ 2 stone 8lbs total!

• Heart
Reactions: 8