Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, I ordered mine through Boots online doctor. You start at 0.6 for a week then increase the dose to the maximum of 3mg a day. A lot of people (myself included) stay on the lower doses for longer due to not feeling the need to increase as still not feeling hungry/side effects. I’m halfway through my 3rd pen and only just put the dose up to 1.2mg.
Brilliant 🤩 how are you finding the results ?

Reactions: 2
I could not lose weight for two years after the two stone I gained on anti depressants . Anti depressants have ruined my ability to lose weight , didn’t matter what I did ....I didn’t gain but I didn’t lose .
Saxenda has helped me massively and it’s made me feel so much better and I’ve lost weight . I feel great and it’s helped my confidence . I’ve been on 1.2 for a few weeks and haven’t increased and still losing weight . The money I would have spent on food etc breaks even with what I spend on Saxenda . It’s your body and your choice . But from me the biggest cynic .....it’s worked and been worth it
That’s amazing. I only started on Thursday but I feel so much better already. To be honest it’s worth it just to not be constantly worrying about or planning food! I’m finding I can eat whatever I like, just a lot less of it. Looks like I’m already 7 lbs down as well. I know a lot of people will be judgemental but I have spent the last 9 years struggling with my weight yoyoing and I’ve had enough. I have two children who don’t sleep well so juggling that alongside work and always putting everyone before myself means I often reached for sugary things, quick fix meals and takeaways. Saxenda is definitely stopping my cravings and the urge to grab sweet things. The only side effect I have so far is a slight metallic taste in my mouth and the constant urge to drink water, although I am prepared for further side effects especially when I up the dose.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Brilliant 🤩 how are you finding the results ?
I’be lost 8lb since 22/7 however I will say that my starting weight is lower than some who have lost significant amounts in the same time frame (I started at 11stone and I’m 5’2). I will also say that I’ve stupidly had 3 different weeks where I’ve stopped and re-started due to holidays/life events which isn’t recommended as you may not get the same effect by doing this and I’ve found that to be the case which I’m annoyed at myself for. I would highly recommend it though the appetite suppression was unbelievable when I first started and I was someone who thought about food all. the. time. which is so good not to have to that same extent anymore. Just wish it wasn’t so expensive I’d be more willing to up the dose quicker 😭

That’s amazing. I only started on Thursday but I feel so much better already. To be honest it’s worth it just to not be constantly worrying about or planning food! I’m finding I can eat whatever I like, just a lot less of it. Looks like I’m already 7 lbs down as well. I know a lot of people will be judgemental but I have spent the last 9 years struggling with my weight yoyoing and I’ve had enough. I have two children who don’t sleep well so juggling that alongside work and always putting everyone before myself means I often reached for sugary things, quick fix meals and takeaways. Saxenda is definitely stopping my cravings and the urge to grab sweet things. The only side effect I have so far is a slight metallic taste in my mouth and the constant urge to drink water, although I am prepared for further side effects especially when I up the dose.
I’ve had the exact same side effects however I was never good at drinking water prior to saxenda so can’t complain I’m now drinking water all the time 😂

Reactions: 1
I understand where your coming from but honestly for me it’s not just about eating healthy and going for a walk, I really wish it was that easy but I really think I’m a comfort eater and need something to stop that , I wish it was so simple but unfortunately for some people it isn’t. I have tried and always loose a couple pounds then seem to go back to my old ways if I have one slip up or something upsets me
Honestly I don't mean to sound like a dick. I'm trying to be helpful and honest. But have you tried walking more. Saxenda is amazing and I've lost 9.5kg on it. Can't walk as my leg is fucked I broke it and waiting for another opp. But in years gone by before I became a gym fantanic after my kids and in-between my leg if I ever wanted to lose some weight is walk loads either with friends or on my own and just listen to music nothing too hideous just around the streets and I found I was feeling so good from the walks and the endorphins and fresh air I didn't want to eat unhealthy and I was probably losing a pound a week. You can work out what your calorie deficit would be with light excercise and give it a go if you can't afford the sax. Not sure I'll be able to buy it after the energy rises.

I understand where your coming from but honestly for me it’s not just about eating healthy and going for a walk, I really wish it was that easy but I really think I’m a comfort eater and need something to stop that , I wish it was so simple but unfortunately for some people it isn’t. I have tried and always loose a couple pounds then seem to go back to my old ways if I have one slip up or something upsets me
I know how you feel. I'm the same with comfort and also emotional eater. Honestly with Saxenda it's taken the cravings for the choccy etc away. Before I'd wake up thinking about what could I eat. Before I broke my leg I was on the gym and moderation train so it was easier for me as I was staying trim and toned and having the endorphins. But then thatbwas it I was back to my ways. Doesn't make us wrong though. Some people go to booze and weed or fags to cope. We've all got our own battles. But emotional eating is definitely mine. But not with Saxenda.

Just finished my 4th pen. Still at 1.8mg. 25lbs down in 7 weeks. Only had a 0.5lb loss in week 6 but I was barely eating due to a lot of stress in my life. Upped my food and water intake in week 7, even had some chocolate one day and saw a 4lb loss again.

For me it’s worth every penny so far and I’m so glad I found this thread (and the previous one) to learn about Saxenda. I’ve got 6 more pens in the fridge so looking forward to seeing how the next few weeks go.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just finished my 4th pen. Still at 1.8mg. 25lbs down in 7 weeks. Only had a 0.5lb loss in week 6 but I was barely eating due to a lot of stress in my life. Upped my food and water intake in week 7, even had some chocolate one day and saw a 4lb loss again.

For me it’s worth every penny so far and I’m so glad I found this thread (and the previous one) to learn about Saxenda. I’ve got 6 more pens in the fridge so looking forward to seeing how the next few weeks go.
That’s amazing! Well done.

• Heart

That’s so good 😊 how long does each pen last roughy ?

No luck at the docs , she said they don’t prescribe them 😢 she said she will refer me to a dieticians instead. I know I can buy the pens myself so I am still thinking about it it’s just the price. Has anyone seen anywhere in Ireland that does them at a good enough price don’t think I could afford €250 a month on top of a mortgage and all other costs going through the roof 💔 has anyone tried tablets before that have worked?

Stayed the same for over a month now which is frustrating, too many nights out/weekends not calorie counting. Need to knuckle down! I have 30 days until my holiday so still a decent amount of time 🤞🤞🤞

That’s so good 😊 how long does each pen last roughy ?
At 1.8 it lasts 10 days as each pen has 18mg in, obviously it depends on what dose you’re at to how long it lasts 😊 I’ve gone above 1.8mg a few times to see if it’s more effective but my body doesn’t seem ready to tolerate it yet so I’m sticking at 1.8 for now.

No luck at the docs , she said they don’t prescribe them 😢 she said she will refer me to a dieticians instead. I know I can buy the pens myself so I am still thinking about it it’s just the price. Has anyone seen anywhere in Ireland that does them at a good enough price don’t think I could afford €250 a month on top of a mortgage and all other costs going through the roof 💔 has anyone tried tablets before that have worked?
If you're in Ireland they aren't covered on medical card or DPS for weight loss, even if prescribed by your GP. Unless you are diabetic you have to pay for them privately.

My best weight - its E200 for an initial appointment and then E140 pm for the perscription. A follow up appointment 3 months later is E100 and then its a six month perscription. Everything is tax allowable and its worth the investment in yourself.

My best weight - its E200 for an initial appointment and then E140 pm for the perscription. A follow up appointment 3 months later is E100 and then its a six month perscription. Everything is tax allowable and its worth the investment in yourself.
The 140 is for ozempic is it not? Saxenda us 249 for 5 pens, each pen lasts 6 days on fill dose

My sister in law is on Saxenda in Killarney. Well she’s married to my hubbys brother! She paid €350 in care plus for the first 5 injections. That was after pricing around. I know some pharmacies might do cheaper in other counties but it’s €350 minimum in Killarney. I’m following this thread as she isn’t on tattle, I am marvelling at her weight loss but I can’t take the injection as I have health issues 😭 even though I could do with losing weight but just wanted to join in on the cost chat.

My sister in law is on Saxenda in Killarney. Well she’s married to my hubbys brother! She paid €350 in care plus for the first 5 injections. That was after pricing around. I know some pharmacies might do cheaper in other counties but it’s €350 minimum in Killarney. I’m following this thread as she isn’t on tattle, I am marvelling at her weight loss but I can’t take the injection as I have health issues 😭 even though I could do with losing weight but just wanted to join in on the cost chat.
I priced around and the 240 was the best price, I was quoted 575 in one pharmacy 👀

• Wow
Thank you so much !

I'm down 10lbs after my first 10 days. Now I did take 2 days off the rails completely for a family wedding. I think a lot fo it is water weight but definitely feel better. Not thinking about food 24.7. I'm not watching my diet to much, but eating less of what I want I guess as not as hungry. I definitely do have some hunger though. I'm taking mine at night around 9pm and definitely have more hunger in the evenings so maybe it wears off then and I should take it in the morning but need a clear head for work. No real side affects yet. First couple of days I was tired beyond belief but OK other than that. I'm sure the loss will slow down loads now but going to try keep it up until Xmas anyway and see where I am then if it continues to go well.

Reactions: 3
I am on baclofen injections for MS, I am hoping enough evidence will come out to allow me try the weight loss injections soon. I find it hard to lose weight & if I exercise any bit I can have episodes of pain and spasm. Enjoying following your stories and as I say my sis in law in Killarney is flying. She’s down 1.5 stone in 7 weeks

• Heart
Morning all.
Question for anyone that ordered from Boots. How long from receiving the confirmation email were your pens ready for collection?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.