Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I have no idea what’s gone on but since last week I’ve lost nearly 10lb 😰 I’m on 3mg and have been for a few weeks, I’ve had a steady 2-3lb loss most other weeks except right at the start when there was more to lose but nothing like this. Nothing has changed at all this week, it doesn’t tie in with the end of a cycle or anything which I know can cause water weight loss, food has all been the same, no change in fluid intake etc. What’s going on 😰 I mean, I’ll take it 🤣 but it seems a lot in the space of 9 days for nearly 4 months in.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I prefer Ozempic as the jab is only once a week. Saxenda stopped working for me after I lost 31 lbs…I gave up after a 6 month stall. Weight loss has been slow with Ozempic but it’s happening. I reckon I’d have lost similar amounts with it if I’d started with Oz rather than Sax, but I’ll never know.

Oz is also around £100 a month cheaper at full doses.

Reactions: 5
Hi all. 😊 I’ve restarted Saxenda after a 6 month break. I gave up last time because the side effects were so bad but hoping with perseverance, I can work past them this time🤞

Im on day 3 and all ok apart from the most awful headaches. Praying, PRAYING they will go !!

I’ve put down a few things that I’ve learned - do let me know if there’s any other tips/advice you have that might help!

- Inject in the morning (nights didn’t work for me)
- Drink a LOT of water (and then some)
- Constipation - I was told to try Mag07
- Only increase dose once side effects have subsided
- Prepare for the tiredness in the first few days, (I re-started when I knew I would be off work)
- Do not over-eat. I did this and it spelled the end for me and Saxenda last year. Night out, loads of fried food and a glass of bubbly and I was the sickest I have ever been. Vomiting for 12 hours, stomach pains and headaches for days after. Never felt anything like it !

Anything I’m missing ?

• Heart

BigB21

I started this last week. Went in at 0.6 and I was so sick I couldn’t move all day. I decided it wasn’t worth it so stopped and cut my losses. After reading here I decided to give it another go and try and titrate myself up to 0.6. Started with just a few clicks and and worked up to 0.6 in 5 days with no side effects but amazing results of feeling full and a 3lb loss. I will stay at low dose until I feel I need more and just do it gradually through clicks. Thanks to everyone on this thread it’s really helped me kick start my journey!

• Heart

purpleaubergine

Chatty Member
So last night was my weigh in at slimming world - only started the pen on Saturday and have ate hardly anything in comparison to what I ate before and I’ve lost 4 pounds

bubblebar1317

Chatty Member
Where us the best value place these days?

I am tempted to give it a try. I have 7 weeks until my holiday and then 2 weeks after I'm back I am bridesmaid.

I am at least 5 stone overweight so if I could lose a few lbs before them events would be good
i went with simple online pharmacy and needles and pen were £47!

• Wow

KeepitontheDL

I’ve just started saxenda, tomorrow will be first week done.

I’m more concerned my lack of eating is just mental like I know I’m on these expensive jabs therefore loss of appetite is just that rather than anything from the pen itself.

Does anyone feel like this?
I know how you feel... I'm only a couple of weeks into Ozempic and the first few days, I did wonder am I just really busy/distracted with work or is it a placebo effect or because I'm so conscious of the jab that I don't feel hungry 😂

I soon found that true, genuine, belly-rumbling hunger does come. Just much more delayed than before and I'm proper full on normal size portions instead of binging to feel satisfied.

Long may it last and I hope it continues to go well for you

Ashfox

Chatty Member
Happy Monday - starting my sax journey today! Thanks in advance for all the tips etc about handling the side effects - hopefully there will be none but prepared! X

Lala22

Chatty Member
Anyone wondering about taking saxenda on holiday- do it! I got back last night from a 7 day all inclusive and I’ve lost 1.5lbs. Absolutely unheard of for me. Normally I stuff myself all holiday then feel huge and ashamed on the way home vowing to join a diet group . I wasn’t careful either. I still had an ice cream every day and 1 or 2 drinks. Still went to the buffet but I just found I was full up after half a plate. Was so freeing not to be thinking about food constantly and just enjoying the weather and being with my family rather than wondering what I’m going to eat next.

bagafreebee

VIP Member
I found when I have come off it my appitite shoots right up again which is not good. Any tips it is getting me down even the OH has noticed I am eating more.

• Sad

Hodgies

Chatty Member
I had an appointment with GP today asking about having Saxenda prescribed. He was really open to the discussion and agreed I met the criteria. He wasn't sure how the process worked locally and we left it that he was going to contact the pharmacists in the surgery and come back to me.

Then a further phone call this afternoon updating me and essentially even though it should be available, the local health board are "formulating a plan" for how that will look so aren't allowing it to be prescribed via GP's. All prescriptions that have been filled locally have all been private not NHS. Disappointing but not unsurprising.

GP was frustrated by their response as he can't see a reason why medically it should be refused. So he's referred me to the bariatric service at the local hospital who apparently have a really good set up and it's not all about surgery so will see how I get on with that (however long it takes for the appointment!).

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
It’s definitely not all placebo. I do occasionally get hungry but even then I struggle with a whole meal. There have been times when I’ve gone without food for most of the day because I knew I was going out for dinner but even then I’ve not been able to finish my plate even though I’ve really wanted to. And drinks with dinner feel impossible.

The downside to this is my boyfriend has put on weight because he ends up finishing all my meals 😂

• Haha

hereforalaugh38

Weighed in today as I’ll be away for the weekend and 2lbs so half a stone gone since restarting - 3 stone 5 total 🥰🥰🥰

• Heart

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
I'm going to primarily care about the inches. Someone in the thread earlier posted their two pairs of jeans.....and honestly that has me buzzing. I have so many jeans that used to fit me. They're not even that small, but if I can shed a few inches it will be incredible to get back into them.
I’m obviously weighing but it’s the inch loss for me too. I’m 9 weeks in and have lost 10 inches off my waist which is mental. I seem to be losing weight from all the right places which is the first time this has ever happened.

sourlemon

Chatty Member
I’m really proud of losing 5 stone. I had taken a break when I’d got really ill, (NOT saxenda related) but I really have lost my mojo about going back on them. It’s so hard to see the weight loss in myself too which I think is just making me feel even more bleh.
I need the motivation to kick it up again 😬

• Heart

VicksterIcon

Chatty Member
Weigh in today. Lost a further 3.5kgs since 6th April and that included a week’s cruise!!

Since 1st February I have lost 9.5kgs/20.9lbs.

• Heart

Notworthy

VIP Member
Re the price, if you calculate what you're saving on food, particularly takeaways it probably won't be so bad

Reactions: 4

hereforalaugh38

The constipation is the main side effect for me 🙈🙈🙈 driving me mad and feel so bloated, ordered some fybogel to try and help but I am 31lbs down now so it’s worth it I guess!

• Heart
Reactions: 4