Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm meant to be out on an all-day session today but I've lied and said I'm on antibiotics so can't drink, but will go and drive. I tried and failed to drink more than 2 pints in the past and don't want to wreck the day by feeling sick. I don't feel comfortable telling my wider group of friends that I'm on Sax yet.

I'm waiting for the 8 stone loss and big reveal maybe 🤣

Reactions: 4
I’m really proud of losing 5 stone. I had taken a break when I’d got really ill, (NOT saxenda related) but I really have lost my mojo about going back on them. It’s so hard to see the weight loss in myself too which I think is just making me feel even more bleh.
I need the motivation to kick it up again 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m really proud of losing 5 stone. I had taken a break when I’d got really ill, (NOT saxenda related) but I really have lost my mojo about going back on them. It’s so hard to see the weight loss in myself too which I think is just making me feel even more bleh.
Have you got before and after pictures to compare? I can't see any changed myself but the pictures make me realise the changes.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
5 stone is a bleeping wonderful loss. You should be proud. It’s difficult to see losses in ourselves because we see ourselves every day.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve been reading all your posts and the Saxenda FB group.
Is it ok to do it for just 1-2 months to lose a stone plus and then revert to healthy eating and exercise to lose the rest?
I have 3 stone to lose and am worried about long term use and also being left with excess skin.

5 stone is fantastic!

So tomorrow marks 12 weeks on saxenda for me, I have lost a total of 23.5lbs which I am very very happy with.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm gonna order this. Do you recommend I get just 1 pen to try it or go for the 5 pen with welcome 20 from boots. How many people have sulphur burps. Nervous about wasting money with it

I'm gonna order this. Do you recommend I get just 1 pen to try it or go for the 5 pen with welcome 20 from boots. How many people have sulphur burps. Nervous about wasting money with it
I only got sulphur burps after about 12 weeks and I think it's because my diet was slipping and I was drinking fizzy drinks. Since eating more healthily the last few weeks I haven't had a single one.

• Heart
Thanks for your advise. I've ordered 5 pens from boots pending approval. Eek

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just placed my first order with boots. How long did it take for others to get approved? Excited and nervous to get started.

Has anyone combined it with any well known diets like keto, slim fast etc?

Just placed my first order with boots. How long did it take for others to get approved? Excited and nervous to get started.

mine took 4 hours for approval so was able to pick it up from boots the next day!

i haven’t combined it with a diet yet, but I am planning to loosely follow keto and see how I get on. I have pcos and have read a lot about keto being good for that so hoping it will.

I did keto before for about a year, lost around 6 stone in 6 months then stalled for another 6 months even though I was sticking to it religiously. Eventually gave up and piled it all back on over the past 4 years with a combination of working nights, lockdowns etc. I’ve tried over the past few months to eat healthy to start losing again but it’s so difficult working long night shifts when you just want something quick and filling when you get home before going to bed. I’m hoping Saxenda will give me that kick start I really need to get going again. Probably with keto as I actually enjoyed the food while doing it. I just wonder how well they’ll work together?!

Mine took two days and they were so snotty! I rang up to say it had been 24 hours since I sent it and the woman was like “well actually it’s only been 22” tbf all the orders I’ve had since then have been super fast!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I started my injections on Monday. Think I'm feeling less hungry now. Doing slimfast to start me off for q couple of weeks then I'm gonna do a calorie defecit

Hi guys, I had an unexpected windfall last month and have been debating what to do with it.

I decided I would love to go on the holiday of a lifetime, somewhere I've never been before, something amazing to look forward to. I'm looking at June next year, and I would love to go on that holiday being fit and healthy, instead of being fat and unhealthy. Size 18 - 20 but sshh don't tell anyone.

I googled gastric bands/sleeves/bypass surgery and the side effects horrified me. I also can't contemplate anything that involves inpatient surgery - childcare and work would be affected, and the less people know, the better. The price also horrified me - but Saxenda, although pricey, isn't over the top and I can justify it - I think. My husband wouldn't approve, but this is MY money and MY body.

Would I better saving my money and trying to eat less and move more? Or does Saxenda actually work?

Any advice/comments welcome.

Reactions: 4
Hi guys, I had an unexpected windfall last month and have been debating what to do with it.

I decided I would love to go on the holiday of a lifetime, somewhere I've never been before, something amazing to look forward to. I'm looking at June next year, and I would love to go on that holiday being fit and healthy, instead of being fat and unhealthy. Size 18 - 20 but sshh don't tell anyone.

I googled gastric bands/sleeves/bypass surgery and the side effects horrified me. I also can't contemplate anything that involves inpatient surgery - childcare and work would be affected, and the less people know, the better. The price also horrified me - but Saxenda, although pricey, isn't over the top and I can justify it - I think. My husband wouldn't approve, but this is MY money and MY body.

Would I better saving my money and trying to eat less and move more? Or does Saxenda actually work?

Any advice/comments welcome.
I'd say stat of using Saxenda to kickstart and work on your diet and fitness slowly too. Being fit and healthy feels good.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.